Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

vjota2

The problem with the winter mod is it means there will be players that will be using one or the other. This means players with the winter mod may not see road markings as clearly as those without the winter mod. I've seen it in the past where this has created problems at junctions coming on and off motorways never mind staying in their own lane.

I hope it will be but nothing has been announced yet . Just wait . Next time search for topic before thinking of creating a new one , it has already been asked couple of times.

I hope that the wintermod will come to us again this year. At this moment nothing is official announced . So we just have to wait and see. 

But a Camox says above here. there is no snow yet in real life so we don't need it yet. 

It would be nice to have it with christmas tho.

qaP2RnB.jpg

Fast Cargo Website

Applications are OPEN

For more information see the website above.

I doubt that the ets2mp team will be able to release the winter mod anytime soon considering they have to work on the ats rescale , vive le france among other more important issues within the coming weeks. 

However I would like to see the mod again this year because I thought it was a fun addition to the game as well as being a nice challenge for more skilled drivers.

Lastly it will probably be optional so you don't have to use the mod if you dont feel comfortable with it or just dont like it :).

2 hours ago, Scintillic said:

I thought it was a fun addition to the game as well as being a nice challenge for more skilled drivers.

Agreed with the first, not with the second. The only thing that changed with the winter mod was the scenery, the driving conditions were exactly the same. A winter mod with physics change would be awesome. It would add chaos, but as I'm a "speed-limit" driver, I'm sure I'd have lots of laughs seeing people drifting in the snow on most turns... The first winter mod was more challenging, because most of the roads boundaries became invissible with the snow. Bad thing, most people drove on the middle of the road, no delimiting lines, no lanes. Finally, I'm quite sure that if they do release a winter mod, it will be optional, both for downloading and for using it while playing, just like the previous ones.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

THEY DO NOT NEED TO MAKE THEIR OWN MOD!

They can use a mod that's already been made, there are many, many great winter mods. Pick a few, ask for permission and use it as a way to mutually benefit the community and the author via promotion.

The very least they could do (and should do) is give a straight answer.

19 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

The first winter mod was more challenging, because most of the roads boundaries became invisible with the snow. Bad thing

Thats exactly why it was and still should be optional... so drivers cannot simply blame the winter mod for their bad lane discipline when they can turn it off if they are not comfortable as a driver while using it. That being said you will always find people that still want to try the winter mod for a laugh and then cause a possible hazard for other drivers on the road. Btw are you sure that last year's mod did not affect physics because I recall it being a little bit slippery on the roads (kind of like when it rains in mp)?

^^ Could be, without the winter mod, it rains, with the winter mod, it snows, both should affect the gameplay in the same way. What I meant is that the 2 winter mods I've known didn't change the base game physics. The road would be all white because of the snow, but the driving was just the same as if it wasn't. A real physics change should make the roads a lot more slippery when they are covered in snow, no matter if at that moment it's snowing or not. But this kind of change would be even worse for MP than just getting the lane boundaries disappear, most people are not used to keep a reasonable speed and most probably they'd keep doing the same thing, the number of accidents would spike a lot.

18 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

But this kind of change would be even worse for MP than just getting the lane boundaries disappear, most people are not used to keep a reasonable speed and most probably they'd keep doing the same thing, the number of accidents would spike a lot.

Would be a good way to teach them how to drive properly though ;) learn from your mistakes mentality (thats only if you want to improve)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived