Auto-Kick After Getting Banned From Website

I highly recommend banning by IP rather than account. A new account can easily be created straight away.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

Just now, Trucking Gekco said:

^ Yea, but then that account can and will get perm banned for "Ban Evading". Plus they need to make a new steam account and re-buy the game to play MP again. 

Only if caught out.

How would they be caught out?

The banned user could easily create a new account with a different email address and fake other details easily.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

^ I have seen users get their second account banned, whether they admitted to having it or not I don't know but I have seen it. But you still run into the same thing, if a player wants to play MP again after getting perm banned they need a new steam account and they need to re-buy the game all over again. Paying $20 all the time will add up, in the long run it's not worth it. 

Not to mention banning by IP has an issue as well. If you have 2+ users in the same house then the entire house will get banned for 1 players mistake. Then you have proxy servers people can use to get a new IP, it's not going to be super easy to ban via IP. 

19 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

^ I have seen users get their second account banned, whether they admitted to having it or not I don't know but I have seen it. But you still run into the same thing, if a player wants to play MP again after getting perm banned they need a new steam account and they need to re-buy the game all over again. Paying $20 all the time will add up, in the long run it's not worth it. 

Not to mention banning by IP has an issue as well. If you have 2+ users in the same house then the entire house will get banned for 1 players mistake. Then you have proxy servers people can use to get a new IP, it's not going to be super easy to ban via IP. 

Very good points. I didn't consider the fact that there maybe more than one player using the same wan IP.

Another reason why I suggested MAC address banning (granted you can clone mac address and ip).

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

76561198116137604.png

• 3 years later...
  • Leon Baker changed the title to Auto-Kick After Getting Banned From Website