Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Teleporting Players with low framerate

CubeXDE

Suggestion Name:

Teleporting Players with low frame rate

Suggestion Description:
We all know these People... They are going with their Potatoe PC to Rotterdam or other Heavy Traffic Roads, and lag everyone out of their way!
Well, how to fix it? We could just Teleport Players with a lower FPS than 5 within 10 seconds away. You may ask: But there are much People with bad PC's!
Yes, thats true! But not everyone is driving forward and backwards 10 times withing 2 seconds and ramming everything away!

It should be Automated, and Teleport it to the Closest Service Station. If there are too much players, and the player is lagging again, then teleport him to another Service Station,
this would make it way better for the not lagging players, and seriously, it is not fun to drive with 5 FPS around, if you do not meet the System requirement, then just do not play.
Seriously, it sounds kinda hard, but it's just not fun for the lagging player and the other players.

Any example images

I think, this feature doesn't need any Pictures.

Why should it be added?:

- This would solve Performance problems. Example: Player A got 15 FPS, his comment: "thats just not making fun!"

5 Players with 5 FPS get teleported away: Player A got 25 FPS, his comment: "Way better!"

- People wouldn't get punished for their Lags! Example: Person A rammed Person B, Person A had low FPS,

and stopped behind Player B. But in Player B's screen he got rammed by Player A, and then Player A just teleported 5 meters back.

- People with low FPS wouldn't get issues with breaking at traffic jam, because they would get teleported out of this location.

- People wich do not want to have lag would get quick out of the lag situation.

- Traffic Jams wouldn't take years to disband, because lagging players were not there, and Players with normal FPS can react way faster than

somebody with 5 fps.

- We could just kick them or ban them: No! I do not want to punish lagging people!, i just want to make it better for lagging and not lagging people!

Greetings, Cube.

Feels like it's a punishment for having a slow computer...

I agree teleporting them would be good if it's causing a problem to others, however, if someone is just making slower progress than everyone else, leave them be.

People should be patient, and not be racing to get anywhere, especially when it's busy.

• Upvote 2

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

18 minutes ago, Spirit_Wolf said:

Most of the time its not the peoples PC that is the issue. It's the server. Sometimes the server just cant cope with so many people in one place and it cant keep up to date positions for every single thing. 

| But this would mean, that everyone would lag, and not only a few.

And even if this is server sided, then my theory would still work, everyone who is lagging, would get teleported away,

this would remove some load of the Server.

| Maybe some people would shout "Unfair! Why do get teleported away, and not someone else?"

Well, easy to answer. How i guess everyone knows, there are just some people lagging, this would mean

(if the server theory is true) that these Clients are causing problems, and it would be logical to move them away,

to avoid trouble with other incoming people.

| greetings, Cube.

41 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Feels like it's a punishment for having a slow computer...

I agree teleporting them would be good if it's causing a problem to others, however, if someone is just making slower progress than everyone else, leave them be.

People should be patient, and not be racing to get anywhere, especially when it's busy.

| I totally agree, that people shoudn't race, i was had in mind reactions like emergency breaks or quick steering to avoid a crash.

Lagging people do not drive fast, because they just know, that they need way longer to steer. (I know how it is to play at low framerates!)

| And it isn't a punishment teleporting someone away. Because the Person is still able to play, nothing has changed, maybe he just got

to drive a few miles more.

| The problem is, our IGA's cannot react on everyone who is lagging. They have already trouble with normal reports.

I know, that our IGA's got real pressure, and  i understand, that they cannot claim every report instantly, i respect that!

Maybe TruckersMP could test such a System ONLY on EU2.

| And i got another reason, why we shoudn't kick lagging people!

If we kick them, they will reconnect, and spawn in mid of the road inside of the traffic jam,

thats the worst thing that can happen!

> Just btw. sorry for my broken grammar. <

| greetings, Cube.

big -1. Why give the admins yet another thing to have to worry about?

Also, why punish people with bad connections or slow computers? its like saying anyone who drives a Volvo or Scania in the areas of high lag will get teleported out of the area. its not fair. treat others as you wish to be treated.

As long as the person does move or makes progress forward at some point, they should be left alone. Its not a race to get through these congested areas, in fact, if people actually followed the rules correctly and were patient, 99% of traffic issues and accidents would be resolved, but its people like OP who want everything to move fast so THEY can make it to where THEY want to go that's the issue, if everyone resided themselves to the fact of staying in lane, that people will lag or have budget PCs (I mean, not all of us can afford super computers with triple 1080s and the next gen Processors with 15 TB of Memory space).

The bottom line is, be patient, let people get going themselves instead of coming up with silly ideas or doing something against the rules in game that will land you in a whole heap of trouble.

If someone is lagged out, just stop and wait, that's not hard to do is it?

The best solution for this "issues" is for us, the drivers and players, to help the admins out by editing our routes to avoid congested areas or to be patient and let things move eventually, after studying the jams on the Calais-Duisburg road Ive noticed that as longa s people stay in lane and be patient, traffic will move freely eventually, but when people start acting stupidly and overtaking, it makes things 100 times worse.

As a final note, put yourself in the shoes of someone who is lagging, how would you feel if you've done nothing wrong and followed the rules to the letter yet get either kicked or teleported just because your connection is poor or your PC is struggling? it would not be nice nor fair by any sense of the words. its essentially saying *don't drive in ETS2MP or ATSMP unless you have a ping below 50 m/s and a PC that gives you upwards of 40FPS in dense areas". barely anyone would bother playing the servers then.

• Upvote 3

Hmm, seems like you'd be punishing those with less capabale PCs- such as myself.

Any area with above 30 people is considered as an "Area of low fps", so you should always be prepared for laggy players, for example keeping your distance for reaction time (Around 2 seconds gap is the guideline in the UK), and if you do crash and reckon it's on purpose, you can record and report them online.

To be honest i have what you're calling a 'slow PC'. I hit an average of 20-40FPS depends of the zone i'm driving and the amount of player around (Thanks HD4000...).

When i see my framerate dropping (because of a convoy for example), i just pull to the side and wait until they're gone. I also avoid any high populated areas.

TPing them away won't help tbh. It just makes the problem worse. Usually you get stuck into a loong loading and you're not even sure you actually despawned from the road. (Last time i had to F7+Enter, got stuck for around 4 mins in the middle of the road, and i was hearing people honking at me. Had to ALT+F4 to clear the way)

So yeah, teleporting ain't a solution.

PinKPanther1020.png

9 minutes ago, PinKPanther said:

To be honest i have what you're calling a 'slow PC'. I hit an average of 20-40FPS depends of the zone i'm driving and the amount of player around (Thanks HD4000...).

When i see my framerate dropping (because of a convoy for example), i just pull to the side and wait until they're gone. I also avoid any high populated areas.

TPing them away won't help tbh. It just makes the problem worse. Usually you get stuck into a loong loading and you're not even sure you actually despawned from the road. (Last time i had to F7+Enter, got stuck for around 4 mins in the middle of the road, and i was hearing people honking at me. Had to ALT+F4 to clear the way)

So yeah, teleporting ain't a solution.

| Is it fun to play? Are you driving to Spots like Rotterdam? If yes, why? If you got a bad PC, you need to take care of others too!

I still do not want to punish everyone, i had a bad PC a while ago, and i avoided Rotterdam and such places.

Okay, the issue with "Usually you get stuck into a loong loading and you're not even sure you actually despawned from the road."

could be fixed with a No Collision 1 second before you get teleported.

| Maybe teleporting isn't the best solution, but it's way better than as example a No Collision Truck for lagging people.

19 minutes ago, heyhococo said:

Hmm, seems like you'd be punishing those with less capabale PCs- such as myself.

Any area with above 30 people is considered as an "Area of low fps", so you should always be prepared for laggy players, for example keeping your distance for reaction time (Around 2 seconds gap is the guideline in the UK), and if you do crash and reckon it's on purpose, you can record and report them online.

| I do not want to punish anyone.

But it's just in my opinion annoying as hell, that you get someone else glitches into your truck and you fly all over the map.

I know, it sounds kinda egoistic, but i could just turn around the role, and ask: "Why are people with bad PC's so egoistic, that they

drive into a heavy traffic zone?" or "Why are to so egoistic, that they do not just pull over and tow them away?"

| Keep your distance... Have you ever seen a Traffic Jam? If not, drive down from Rotterdam to Bruxelles, you will see there a Traffic jam every day.

These People are driving 2 Meters behind each other, i will post later 2 Videos, showing me taking distance (The capture is from yesterday!). And others

sticking to my rear. I take very mutch distance from laggy people. At least 100-200 Meters. to Normal people 50 Meters.

| And yes, i stick to the rear of others too, if you ask why, i got the answer! - Everyone else is doing it, and if you don't do it you will hear so many horns

that your ears will explode.

| greetings, Cube.

-1 Everyone lags, mainly due to 1) The game only being made to render 1 full truck 2) The game being on DirectX 9. Tbh, the teleporting people who have lag seems to be somewhat unfair and a punishment towards people who lag ingame even though they cannot control their frame rate. 

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

46 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

big -1. Why give the admins yet another thing to have to worry about?

Also, why punish people with bad connections or slow computers? its like saying anyone who drives a Volvo or Scania in the areas of high lag will get teleported out of the area. its not fair. treat others as you wish to be treated.

As long as the person does move or makes progress forward at some point, they should be left alone. Its not a race to get through these congested areas, in fact, if people actually followed the rules correctly and were patient, 99% of traffic issues and accidents would be resolved, but its people like OP who want everything to move fast so THEY can make it to where THEY want to go that's the issue, if everyone resided themselves to the fact of staying in lane, that people will lag or have budget PCs (I mean, not all of us can afford super computers with triple 1080s and the next gen Processors with 15 TB of Memory space).

The bottom line is, be patient, let people get going themselves instead of coming up with silly ideas or doing something against the rules in game that will land you in a whole heap of trouble.

If someone is lagged out, just stop and wait, that's not hard to do is it?

The best solution for this "issues" is for us, the drivers and players, to help the admins out by editing our routes to avoid congested areas or to be patient and let things move eventually, after studying the jams on the Calais-Duisburg road Ive noticed that as longa s people stay in lane and be patient, traffic will move freely eventually, but when people start acting stupidly and overtaking, it makes things 100 times worse.

As a final note, put yourself in the shoes of someone who is lagging, how would you feel if you've done nothing wrong and followed the rules to the letter yet get either kicked or teleported just because your connection is poor or your PC is struggling? it would not be nice nor fair by any sense of the words. its essentially saying *don't drive in ETS2MP or ATSMP unless you have a ping below 50 m/s and a PC that gives you upwards of 40FPS in dense areas". barely anyone would bother playing the servers then.

| The nice thing is, that it's automated, so the IGA's have nothing to worry about.

| You do not even need a single 1080 to run it at neat 60fps. Everyone has low FPS

in a Traffic Jam, thats something everyone knows, it doesn't matters, if it's a 980 Ti (like mine)

or a Intel HD. But these special laggers which are shooting crowds from the road, these should get teleported away.

| "If someone is lagged out, just stop and wait, that's not hard to do is it?"

I wrote "and lag everyone out of their way!" I wrote, that they ram others because They have not enougth reaction time

and their movements aren't getting fast enough to the servers.

|  "how would you feel if you've done nothing wrong and followed the rules to the letter yet get either kicked or teleported just because your connection is poor or your PC is struggling?"

I would feel nothing, i got banned because of such hilarious things, and just btw. People with a high Ping get kicked. Never noticed?

...and if i would have a bad PC, i would look for Traffic Jams on the Main Site of TruckersMP! (Information > Realtime Map)

This is the Map, if you are too lazy to search for it :Phttp://ets2map.com

| If somebody is driving behind somebody lagging, then it's his own fault.

except in one case: We all know this guy: Driving 500 Meters in front of you, and...

*boom* he lagged 500 meters back and glitches you into the sky!

> I got a Clip, which was showing someone stopping in front of me, and he lagged back and scared the hell out of me.

I was thinking, "Again somebody just staying on the road, let's hope he will move on..."

And yes, i know, the letters are displayed way too short in this Video.

(Sorry for my reaction, i got scared by this... okay, and i laughed a few seconds later.)

| greetings, Cube. (Video Attached below)

^ @CubeXDE It's not egoistic to drive in a populated area if your computer causes lag. Everyone have the right to drive wherever they want to (as long as it's within the map boundaries).

Anyway, I think the feature would cause other smaller problems to consider - where's the point which decides wether someone are lagging or not?, is it actually possible to implement?, is it actually fair in the end to have a such feature?

And there's already an existing feature filtrering out people with over 600ms ping (not entirerly sure), which does help a bit with the lag issue for everyone.

I do of course understand what you aim for, but I don't think it would be practical and popular amongst people to have that feature in the end.

17 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

-1 Everyone lags, mainly due to 1) The game only being made to render 1 full truck 2) The game being on DirectX 9. Tbh, the teleporting people who have lag seems to be somewhat unfair and a punishment towards people who lag ingame even though they cannot control their frame rate. 

| If you unplug your Keyboard accidentally and ram somebody you will get punished too.

| Infact, the game is made for 1 Truck to render. I totally agree with this, but we need a solution for this problem.

And i think this is the most User-Friendly.

| Why are other People then getting kicked for low Ping then? Isn't this a bit harder?

| Why would YOU want to drive with 5 fps, if you could drive with 40? I do not understand that logical error.

| greetings, Cube.

3 minutes ago, Leff12345 said:

^ @CubeXDE It's not egoistic to drive in a populated area if your computer causes lag. Everyone have the right to drive wherever they want to (as long as it's within the map boundaries).

Anyway, I think the feature would cause other smaller problems to consider - where's the point which decides wether someone are lagging or not?, is it actually possible to implement?, is it actually fair in the end to have a such feature?

And there's already an existing feature filtrering out people with over 600ms ping (not entirerly sure), which does help a bit with the lag issue for everyone.

I do of course understand what you aim for, but I don't think it would be practical and popular amongst people to have that feature in the end.

| Why not? It's was a long time wrote, that people with bad GPU's should avoid these regions.

And even if it is unfair, in which way is the 600ms kick fair?

| And Why do i need to care about problems which i cannot fix? Why do i need to keep distance from other lagging persons, and not the lagging person?

Why is it okay, if somebody lags into me, but if i want a solution for this, which would be most friendly for all sides it isn't okay? You may argument; They cannot

make it better! They have to deal with their Hardware, then i will just answerer you: No and Yes: Everyone with a bad connection should look at the Realtime Map, and Avoid

these places! It is so easy to fix it all, but nobody is going to do that, and why? Because people are too lazy.

| It's kinda hilarious how easy it would be to fix. ↑↑↑ Just look at this Map. Why would YOU want to drive with 5 fps, if you could drive with 40?

I do not understand that logical error.

^ The 600ms feature is an essential feature, kicking people for having some lag is not essential and a bit unecessary feature from my view.

And remember, when you say that people have to fix their hardware and so on, then that's not always an appropiate answer. Not everyone can do it, has enough money, etc. And when playing on the TruckersMP server, you don't have a burden to have a high-end/decent PC to play with others. Of course it's smart of people who lags to avoid busy areas, but the principle is that it's not a rule nor a requirement for anything within the TruckersMP regulations to have that. And "solving" it by kicking people is a bit harsh I think, because as I mentioned, not everyone can do something about it.

And yes, if someone lags, you need to keep distance, it's basic road rules and a part of the multiplayer experience and gameplay in this trucking game. That's why you can find lots of tips regarding overtaking safely, safe distances to keep, appropiate driving/overtaking, etc.

And because not everyone has a lag free computer, and because the server easily gives you lag, everyone has to adapt to eachother to safely and properly create an environment for the MP driving

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leff12345 said:

^ The 600ms feature is an essential feature, kicking people for having some lag is not essential and a bit unecessary feature from my view.

And remember, when you say that people have to fix their hardware and so on, then that's not always an appropiate answer. Not everyone can do it, has enough money, etc. And when playing on the TruckersMP server, you don't have a burden to have a high-end/decent PC to play with others. Of course it's smart of people who lags to avoid busy areas, but the principle is that it's not a rule nor a requirement for anything within the TruckersMP regulations to have that. And "solving" it by kicking people is a bit harsh I think, because as I mentioned, not everyone can do something about it.

And yes, if someone lags, you need to keep distance, it's basic road rules and a part of the multiplayer experience and gameplay in this trucking game. That's why you can find lots of tips regarding overtaking safely, safe distances to keep, appropiate driving/overtaking, etc.

And because not everyone has a lag free computer, and because the server easily gives you lag, everyone has to adapt to eachother to safely and properly create an environment for the MP driving

| I know how to overtake...

keep 80 meters distance, blink left, look for symbols like "left blinker once", if there is no reaction, i just overtake, if i am on his side, i look in my left mirror and focus on his lights

if he lighthorns me, then i pass in or if he honks twice. If he do not interact, i just overtake as i would, just with a bit more distance.

| This is still not the issue, i am still talking about me in front of the lagging Person, i am in front, he rams me, and he writes "In my screen i didn't even touch you"

i have this every day in game, i believe him, because he lagged back and forward, HE can do anything, he is just doing his best, but why? It would be way smarter,

to get him out of this trouble, and help with this feature the lagging person and everyone around.

| "but the principle is that it's not a rule nor a requirement" Yes, this is the issue, if there would be rule or requirement, i wouldn't write this topic, and discuss with you. :):P

and please, please keep in mind, i do not want to punish anyone, i am just thinking about a solution, i do not hate laggers, but some times they just make me angry, but i still

do not hate anyone in this game, it would be an enormous paradox if i would hate these people i am playing with.

| This was just my idea, how to fix it, of course someone could figure out another solution?

I think, everyone agree with me: This is a problem, we need to solve. But, how?

| greetings, Cube.

Seeing the way you drive in that video... I honestly believe that it's the people like you who should be teleported. You're doing 120 Km/h on a 50/80 Km/h limited road with high traffic density? Switching lanes to overtake on both sides, flashing highbeams and honking like a maniac when you find someone slower?... I get why you want "slow" people to get teleported, they're in your way, bothering, right?

And your solution is to teleport lagging players to a service station, so that service station and its surroundings become a new "Calaisburg" or "Rotterpoort" but loaded with lagging players? Well, who cares, right? At least your way was cleared...

Big -1 from me. You can also avoid those places and that way you won't have to suffer from low-end PC players.

Edited by FernandoCR
Wrote "no sound" about video when in fact my PC was muted, sorry.
  • Upvote 2

@CubeXDE The thing is, Automation is stupid in a BETA MOD, of course theres going to be bugs and issues, Automating a system like what you are suggesting is difficult to do and, in some circumstances, would make the entire server empty/ Teleported because most of the LAG IS SERVER SIDE.

The people you say ram through people in a queue? I know from my own experience that tends to be down to server side, not client side. I had it happen to me where things looked normal on my end then suddenly I got ground to a halt with 100% damage and then traffic suddenly popped in around me, wasn't my PC or my internet because I checked by playing another online game that told me my ping and I had a solid ping below 30 m/s. The servers just cant handle 200+ people in one small concentrated area, its not down to "peoples braking" its down to what they see on their screen that is the information passed from the server to their client.

Furthermore, if you hit someone who is lagging in front of you, guess what, its YOUR fault, not theirs. YOU shouldn't be so close to them and should be aware that people may lag on YOUR screen so you NEED to give people at least 2 truck lengths gap at all times, saves you from hitting them and gives you enough space to see and avoid an accident, its that simple really. No AUTOMATION required, just common sense and driving ability.

I would also nicely ask you to refrain from calling anyone else lazy or any other sort of offensive names or you may get warned by an admin/moderator. I totally disagree with what you say and am disgusted that you think that people with "low end" pcs should be FORCED to take different routes simply because they aren't some fat cat rich kid that can afford a PC that can run at 60FPS no matter the road conditions, hell, my PCs almost 2 years old now and still runs a R9 280 and AMD FX8320E and I get 60FPS everywhere except jams, but im not being forced to stay away from an area simply because my PC is an older generation (even though by this time next you I will have upgraded to dual 1070s) that's just being totally unfair towards people who just cant afford to have 980tis straight away or 1080s immediately, most of us hard core gamers will work with whatever we can get on budget and will tinker with settings to make it easier, end of.

Furthermore, in that "clip" you showed, its people like you who should be Teleported, not laggers, I mean, flashing your lights and holding the horn doesn't solve anything, especially if the person already realises their mistake and is getting out of the way, furthermore, if you bother to read the in game rules posted here on the forums, you are allowed to cross a red light as long as you don't impede other drivers or cause an accident, its that simple, also if someone "cuts you off" don't just ride up on their bumper and act like an idiot because that makes you look bad, just brake and let a gap build between you and them, plus, if you wanted to nit pick at driving, why did you change lanes WITHOUT indicating when that car pulled out in front of you, if someone was coming up the inside of you, you would have caused a major accident, simple. So before you judge other peoples driving, first check the online rules listed here and also check your own driving first.

in all, this idea will not work for multiple reasons and can be seen as unfair tactics towards those with lower spec PCs or people who get lag from the server or their internet provider. good day.

• Upvote 1

The admins can't kick / ban / teleport players with the reason "get a better pc" not everyone can afford a best of a pc. Therefore if you know someone is going to lag or has a bad connection back away from them. Everyone should be respected playing mp whether they have a lower end pc or not. The only way a laggy person would do serious damage to you is if you were driving recklessly or they were. Yet again just back away from them or find a safe place for an overtake such as a motorway / highway.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

^slightly off topic but my biggest pet hate is people who overtake and then cut straight in front of you, so many times have I either been forced onto the grass to avoid someone cutting in or had a RTC because of it, I mean, surely the 100M rule should still apply, even now (although in some roads it should be around 50M because of traffic etc) but essentially there should be a rule to stop people just instantly cutting into lane or running someone off the road so they can get back into lane.

7 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

Seeing the way you drive in that video... I honestly believe that it's the people like you who should be teleported. You're doing 120 Km/h on a 50/80 Km/h limited road with high traffic density? Switching lanes to overtake on both sides, flashing highbeams and honking like a maniac when you find someone slower?... I get why you want "slow" people to get teleported, they're in your way, bothering, right?

And your solution is to teleport lagging players to a service station, so that service station and its surroundings become a new "Calaisburg" or "Rotterpoort" but loaded with lagging players? Well, who cares, right? At least your way was cleared...

Big -1 from me. You can also avoid those places and that way you won't have to suffer from low-end PC players.

| I am driving only on EU2, because i want to drive a bit faster if the road is clear. I am not racing anyone, and normally if someone is in front of me i will break and keep distance.

And why do i need to avoid other People which are lagging? I don't know who is lagging if i am not close to them, the lagging players can look at the Map, and see traffic jams.

I don't really know, how people get that brilliant idea to drive somewhere at Rotterdam, if they have a potatoe powered PC. I just cannot understand it. At least an advertisement for this Map would

be gread, as example with: "If you want to avoid Traffic Jams, then look at this map http://... !"

| But yes, if all lagging players would be teleported to the same Station it would be a new "lagging point", but i wrote "If they still lag there, then teleport them to another."

And i do not understand why people are trying to say that i am egoistic, because i am not. The most people would like to play with more than 5 FPS, and if they drive accidently

into a Traffic Jam, they will get teleported away and get back 30FPS.

| And i know, that there are a few PC's which are performing with 10 FPS always, no matter what happens, but then you just shoudn't play in my opinion, this isn't fun for the player

and for everyone else.

| I just want to help all, not just me. If it's fun for lagging Players to play with 5 FPS, then they are just strange, who wouldn't like to have more FPS?

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@CubeXDE The thing is, Automation is stupid in a BETA MOD, of course theres going to be bugs and issues, Automating a system like what you are suggesting is difficult to do and, in some circumstances, would make the entire server empty/ Teleported because most of the LAG IS SERVER SIDE.

The people you say ram through people in a queue? I know from my own experience that tends to be down to server side, not client side. I had it happen to me where things looked normal on my end then suddenly I got ground to a halt with 100% damage and then traffic suddenly popped in around me, wasn't my PC or my internet because I checked by playing another online game that told me my ping and I had a solid ping below 30 m/s. The servers just cant handle 200+ people in one small concentrated area, its not down to "peoples braking" its down to what they see on their screen that is the information passed from the server to their client.

Furthermore, if you hit someone who is lagging in front of you, guess what, its YOUR fault, not theirs. YOU shouldn't be so close to them and should be aware that people may lag on YOUR screen so you NEED to give people at least 2 truck lengths gap at all times, saves you from hitting them and gives you enough space to see and avoid an accident, its that simple really. No AUTOMATION required, just common sense and driving ability.

I would also nicely ask you to refrain from calling anyone else lazy or any other sort of offensive names or you may get warned by an admin/moderator. I totally disagree with what you say and am disgusted that you think that people with "low end" pcs should be FORCED to take different routes simply because they aren't some fat cat rich kid that can afford a PC that can run at 60FPS no matter the road conditions, hell, my PCs almost 2 years old now and still runs a R9 280 and AMD FX8320E and I get 60FPS everywhere except jams, but im not being forced to stay away from an area simply because my PC is an older generation (even though by this time next you I will have upgraded to dual 1070s) that's just being totally unfair towards people who just cant afford to have 980tis straight away or 1080s immediately, most of us hard core gamers will work with whatever we can get on budget and will tinker with settings to make it easier, end of.

Furthermore, in that "clip" you showed, its people like you who should be Teleported, not laggers, I mean, flashing your lights and holding the horn doesn't solve anything, especially if the person already realises their mistake and is getting out of the way, furthermore, if you bother to read the in game rules posted here on the forums, you are allowed to cross a red light as long as you don't impede other drivers or cause an accident, its that simple, also if someone "cuts you off" don't just ride up on their bumper and act like an idiot because that makes you look bad, just brake and let a gap build between you and them, plus, if you wanted to nit pick at driving, why did you change lanes WITHOUT indicating when that car pulled out in front of you, if someone was coming up the inside of you, you would have caused a major accident, simple. So before you judge other peoples driving, first check the online rules listed here and also check your own driving first.

in all, this idea will not work for multiple reasons and can be seen as unfair tactics towards those with lower spec PCs or people who get lag from the server or their internet provider. good day.

|Okay, the Serversided thing is a problem i cannot solve, and it is my fault, if i drive to close to somebody lagging, i never said something else. But  if you think, this guy is just staying around, and you have no way to overtake, because you are  surrounded by other Players, i think this could help. And i drove up so close, because i coudn't do anything except for wait, there was somebody on my left, and right. And he was staying directly behind a curve, i cannot see thorough walls. And how could i know that he lag? He wasn't driving, i was just thinking had had to emergency break or something.

| How would you react, if you drive around a corner and there is somebody? Stay behind the corner where you woudn't even be able to notice him, and stay quiet?

Ofc. i horn, to symbolize him to drive. I wasn't thinking he is AFK or lagging.

| Idiot is an insult, lazy not, just btw.

| And just btw. do you feel bad after "you" rammed a complete queue away? if yes, why?

How can my driving ability affect the performance of somebodies PC? Thats not a great argument TBH. :D

| Unfair Tactis, okay, abusing such a system would be possible, but you can abuse every system... You can make fake lag with cheat engine, to feel the same. (I never used Cheat engine in TruckersMP!)

I am just saying that People which won't look on the Map are lazy. And in my opinion it's true, what's holding you back from looking onto the Map?`And lazy isn't an insult.

> I got a question for you, @megadethsteve666.

How would you fix it? And could you maybe not insult others and then say that they shouldn't call somebody lazy if they are lazy? :)

(@)Everyone To be honest, it really isn't the best idea, but this was just the first thing i had in mind, how to fix it in a most friendly way for everyone.

And in real life you do not have people which are lagging queues completely away :D Would be nice, if we could find a solution for this.

| greetings, Cube.

58 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

The admins can't kick / ban / teleport players with the reason "get a better pc" not everyone can afford a best of a pc. Therefore if you know someone is going to lag or has a bad connection back away from them. Everyone should be respected playing mp whether they have a lower end pc or not. The only way a laggy person would do serious damage to you is if you were driving recklessly or they were. Yet again just back away from them or find a safe place for an overtake such as a motorway / highway.

In a traffic jam i cannot run away from them. Because everyone is bumping on each other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.