Version 0.2.1.3.5 Released

Kat_pw

Thx for the update :) (server sided accounts/economy will be the ruin of mp :( the longer it is before that  comes the better :) once that comes my time in mp will sadly come to an end :( unless its optional and not forced on everyone) Its a shame that SCS never did tandems :( Its probably a good thing we don't have double trailers (imagine the chaos there would be in mp if there was double trailers :lol:)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

5 hours ago, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

Thx for the update :) (server sided accounts/economy will be the ruin of mp :( the longer it is before that  comes the better :) once that comes my time in mp will sadly come to an end :( unless its optional and not forced on everyone) Its a shame that SCS never did tandems :( Its probably a good thing we don't have double trailers (imagine the chaos there would be in mp if there was double trailers :lol:)

I totally agree that there still should be something like a freeroam multiplayer when server-sided accounts come to multiplayer where you can use your own account like now.

That would be a good idea for EU2 and EU1 can focus on getting more features with the server-sided accounts like companies etc., which don't make a lot of sence without a account-system.

And as I said: Double trailers could be restricted to a high level on EU1 with an server-sided account system.

Then there shouldn't be so much trouble like everyone thinks. But as already said: Double trailers won't happen but that isn't the point here. We still wouldn't have them because of lacking options for using them in mp.

5 hours ago, Kravaty said:

We are waiting for synced jobs (multiplayer-sided, now WOT was faster), creating own companies, server sided accounts, etc. for ages.

Won't happen until SCS stop releasing updates (which to me is rubbish)

Well I totally understand that at the times where the servers were full all the time updates were the most important thing to keep the players (I play the multiplayer since day 1).

I know that porting the multiplayer to the new versions takes a lot of time but maybe the team should focus on new multiplayer-sided features for a few updates and leave out some updates,

the players can still play with the current version by using the steam beta feature as they do now when they are waiting for the mp to get updated.

The way it is going now they won't bring us any of the announced features in the near future because they are just porting the multiplayer over and over and there is not enough time for anything.

I just think that the multiplayer-team lost focus on what RootKiller thought was important: Bringing the multiplayer further with new features and not just getting it run on new updates.

That's why I'm not so much into the multiplayer anymore which is quite sad.

5 hours ago, Kravaty said:

urthermore features like double-trailers get showed but never implemented because of the missing options for it (with a server-sided account system and a level for double-trailers this would be possible and they wouldn't cause so much trouble, right?).

Won't happen cos physics

Again: Not the point that it isn't working anymore, we still wouldn't have it if they were working now.

5 hours ago, Gamerbalu said:

Hello, when comes the update for the Schwarzmüller DLC, would be already long overdue than the switch off of EU 1

Cheers

Don't worry they'll have a perfectly good explanation for why it's not been done yet. It's likely something in the coding. Patients is key! :) 

• Upvote 1

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

4 hours ago, Hardy said:

Well I totally understand that at the times where the servers were full all the time updates were the most important thing to keep the players (I play the multiplayer since day 1).

I know that porting the multiplayer to the new versions takes a lot of time but maybe the team should focus on new multiplayer-sided features for a few updates and leave out some updates,

the players can still play with the current version by using the steam beta feature as they do now when they are waiting for the mp to get updated.

The way it is going now they won't bring us any of the announced features in the near future because they are just porting the multiplayer over and over and there is not enough time for anything.

I just think that the multiplayer-team lost focus on what RootKiller thought was important: Bringing the multiplayer further with new features and not just getting it run on new updates.

That's why I'm not so much into the multiplayer anymore which is quite sad.

Adding things to MP that aren't part of the base game makes it even harder to continue porting to new versions when SCS makes changes.  Essentially you are arguing that we should all stay at a certain game version by using the Beta option in Steam to continue playing MP while the team here adds new features.  But that only works for so long, as eventually SCS will move so far beyond that version that the beta branch we'd be using will get removed from Steam.  Then what?

I am just happy that the team here allows me to play online with friends even with the constant challenge of adapting to SCS's changes.  If they started adding other things then it would turn into a different game...

4 hours ago, JadedbyEx said:

Adding things to MP that aren't part of the base game makes it even harder to continue porting to new versions when SCS makes changes.  Essentially you are arguing that we should all stay at a certain game version by using the Beta option in Steam to continue playing MP while the team here adds new features.  But that only works for so long, as eventually SCS will move so far beyond that version that the beta branch we'd be using will get removed from Steam.  Then what?

I am just happy that the team here allows me to play online with friends even with the constant challenge of adapting to SCS's changes.  If they started adding other things then it would turn into a different game...

Well, updates from SCS don't come out every week and the developer team of the multiplayer doesn't have to work on a feature in the time until the next update comes,

they will have more time for that.

I didn't say they should leave out the next 5 big updates but maybe 1 or 2 small ones which would be enough time to do other stuff.

And even if the current update for the mp isn't in the beta-branch anymore, then they can quickly react and focus on porting the multiplayer to an available update (like they do now) and then go on working on multiplayer-features where they have stopped working in the first place.

I don't understand your concern that new multiplayer features would make it a whole different game because that is simply not true.

Nobody would have to create/join a company and what would be bad about the same company-structure that is in the game right now only with custom names from users? It would be a nice variety of companies that don't get so boring so quickly.

Server-sided accounts would force people to drive more careful because they can't use their cheated profile with 1.000.000.000$ anymore and if you don't like that there still would be EU2 where you can play with your current account.

And to be honest the biggest change the multiplayer could have ever done to the game was already made: Custom vehicles, a car in Euro Truck Simulator to be exact.

So there is no way that server-sided accounts/companies would make it a whole different game that are just excuses.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, Hardy said:

Well that's not the main point of my statement.

That was just an example of things that get teased and developed but never accessible for players.

Even if the physics didn't break the double trailers, we still wouldn't have it in the multiplayer.

Probably for good reason. If you want to have things noone else does. Develop them.

On 10/30/2016 at 9:54 PM, Tetuani488 said:

please you can return to the 32-bit system in the next version. Thank you.

No. There is absolutely no reason to be running a 32 bit system in 2016. 

Aside from that: 

ATS doesn't support 32 bit at all.

ETS2's minimum specs require a 64 bit CPU, so any PC capable of running ETS2 is capable of running a 64 bit version of Windows.

Edited by I brake for cake

On 29/10/2016 at 5:56 PM, Kat_pw said:
  • Support for American Truck Simulator ver. 1.4.4.2s [97f71973006f]

After installing the new Peterbilt my game states it is still 1.4.4.2s, so does this mean I can use the Peterbilt on multiplayer?

Edit: Just seen that cus of the CB the MP crashes when you enter it.

Can someone tell me if the Steering Wheel DLC is supported or not please?

Edited by SingingTurnip

signature.png