Question Regarding Rule Clarification

Angus Ryder

Several times in the past few days I have come up behind slow moving convoys with a pilot car. On most highways the speed limit is 80kph and it is a 2 or 3 lane highway. Each time the convoy was moving at 75 kph or less in either the right lane or the middle lane. When I have gone to pass the convoy while doing the speed limit the pilot car has either swerved back and forth to prevent me from passing on either side or moved into the lane to prevent me from passing or has driven in front of me and braked hard forcing me to also brake hard and slow down preventing me from passing the convoy. Does this not violate the rule:

Inappropriate Convoy Management

• Groups (And Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form.

It does indeed violate a rule, as far as I know. I haven't seen one of those types of convoys in quite a while, but generally I just keep going if they try to slow me down. If they end up getting hit by me, it's their problem.

Also, the above trial support has it right. Report them. Make it better for all of us. :D

Just now, Gen15Lien said:

generally I just keep going if they try to slow me down. If they end up getting hit by me, it's their problem.

Wrong. If they end up getting hit by you and they report, it's you who will be banned. If you find a convoy doing that stuff, best thing to do is record, report and stop wherever possible, let them go away and then keep on with your journey.

I've never found something like the OP described, but if I find one, that's exactly what I'll do. Better that Pilot being banned for disturbing traffic than me for hitting the car or one of the trucks in the convoy.

1 minute ago, Gen15Lien said:

It does indeed violate a rule, as far as I know. I haven't seen one of those types of convoys in quite a while, but generally I just keep going if they try to slow me down. If they end up getting hit by me, it's their problem.

Well I tend to play Euro 2 usually during the non busy times being an American. It's generally later my time as well. Usually 3-5 trucks and 1 pilot car. I havent used quick saves yet but perhaps I should. Just annoying when doing 5kph over the speed limit and forced to take evasive action because of people like this. I hesitated before to report as I know the admins have to go through a lot of reports, the majority of which are probably items not reportable and this being relatively minor compared to the purposeful rammers and the like. But perhaps I shall.

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

Wrong. If they end up getting hit by you and they report, it's you who will be banned. If you find a convoy doing that stuff, best thing to do is record, report and stop wherever possible, let them go away and then keep on with your journey.

I've never found something like the OP described, but if I find one, that's exactly what I'll do. Better that Pilot being banned for disturbing traffic than me for hitting the car or one of the trucks in the convoy.

But they won't get hit by me. They'll hit me. It's not my problem if they serve to slow me down and cut me off and I don't react. I'm not gonna slow down if they're just gonna pull in front of me and break the rules.

4 minutes ago, Grayewolf said:

Well I tend to play Euro 2 usually during the non busy times being an American. It's generally later my time as well. Usually 3-5 trucks and 1 pilot car. I havent used quick saves yet but perhaps I should. Just annoying when doing 5kph over the speed limit and forced to take evasive action because of people like this. I hesitated before to report as I know the admins have to go through a lot of reports, the majority of which are probably items not reportable and this being relatively minor compared to the purposeful rammers and the like. But perhaps I shall.

I get up at 5am, just before EU2 starts to get above 1,000 players and stay on until around 12pm. I love the night shift. But any friends that I could play with don't get up in the morning or work the morning shift so I can't play with them until late at night.

33 minutes ago, Grayewolf said:

Several times in the past few days I have come up behind slow moving convoys with a pilot car. On most highways the speed limit is 80kph and it is a 2 or 3 lane highway. Each time the convoy was moving at 75 kph or less in either the right lane or the middle lane. When I have gone to pass the convoy while doing the speed limit the pilot car has either swerved back and forth to prevent me from passing on either side or moved into the lane to prevent me from passing or has driven in front of me and braked hard forcing me to also brake hard and slow down preventing me from passing the convoy. Does this not violate the rule:

Is that's "Inappropriate convoy management", which can be used as a ban reason when the user:

-Block roads and/or players to let convoy pass;

-Prevent players from overtaking the convoy by blocking lanes, swerving between one lane and another or by ramming.

It would violate the rule yes, but the admins can only deal with these sort of problems if one you report them when it is happening and an admin just managed to pick up the report before the convoy as left and the pilot car or by actually recording what happened and filing a report.

The admins aren't god, they can't see everything everywhere 24/7, if this was in the real world then maybe there would be CCTV cameras but we don't have that at least not in the same capacity as we would in the real world.

1 hour ago, Gen15Lien said:

generally I just keep going if they try to slow me down. If they end up getting hit by me, it's their problem

1 hour ago, Gen15Lien said:

But they won't get hit by me. They'll hit me

Make up your mind... If they hit you, you can report them, if you hit them, you can be reported. That's why I don't give that chance, I'd rather slow down and even stop, than being hit or reported for hitting another player.

40 minutes ago, 3567 said:

if this was in the real world then maybe there would be CCTV cameras

No need for CCTV cameras, as we have the "dashboard" ones we can carry in our trucks (gameplay recording software). And they work, I can assure this.

20 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

Make up your mind... If they hit you, you can report them, if you hit them, you can be reported. That's why I don't give that chance, I'd rather slow down and even stop, than being hit or reported for hitting another player.

Think of it this way. You're on the freeway. There's a semi truck and you pull into its' blindspot. The truck doesn't see you, it keeps going because to him, you don't exist. Considering the weight of the semi, an extra 2,000 pounds by your vehicle is nothing and doesn't even feel you. At this point, the semi is not at fault at all. You snuck into his blindspot.

Another such example, you're behind a semi in the lane to its' right. It's rear guard(used for locking the trailer in place during loading) is just low enough to reach up inside your fender when it turns left. The truck turns left, the rear end of the trailer kicks out and grabs your front wheel well. As before, the truck can't even tell it picked up cargo because 1, you're in his blind spot and 2, and your 2,000 pound vehicle is nothing to the weight it already has. You are, once again, at fault.

As for me, my braking sensitivity is set rather realistically and as such, I take way longer than most other trucks to stop(so I leave a lot more stopping distance in-game). If I'm charging down the freeway(dual-carriage way) at 80kph-97kph(speed limits) and some random pilot car pulls in front of me, I wouldn't be able to stop in time. I hit them, but they caused it. They are at fault. My recording will prove that I couldn't stop in time. Just the other day, I had someone on the Calais-Duisburg road crash 35meters in front of me and I was unable to avoid him if I kept going. I had to go right up the enbankment on the right side to avoid him, even though we were only going about 40kph. [Edit: Forgot this next bit:] If that scenario happened when a pilot pulled in front of me on the dual-carriage way, I'd have nowhere to go but into the pilot or the trucks behind the pilot.

I think i have meet this kind of convoy before. but this time, the whole convoy working together. not just the pilot car. 

at first they look like normal convoy, until you get closer. they become aggressive and tried to cause accidents by doing sudden overtake. this happen not only in highway, but in small road like country road.

to make it worse, the entire convoy will blame it on you. so other people around will assume you are the one who wrong and ended up getting reported.

these guys basically doing organized trolling to make them harder to be identified as trolls.

the best way to avoid them is just drive slow, keep distance and watch your surrounding. dodge them at all cost.

^^ Exactly. And keep recording. The one time I found 3 trucks trolling as a team, I just kept driving, slow, cautious, behind them. They'd slow down, I'd start speeding up and they'd close the way. Slow down again, they were laughing in the chat (no CB radio back then), making jokes, etc. I wasn't laughing, I wasn't joking, I was just recording... Next day, all 3 of them were banned for trolling. Good thing about this group-trolls is that just one video is enough to get all of the group reported. Individual reports, of course, but same video link, no extra work and several id**** less in the servers for some time.

A pilot car cannot change the rules of the highway in any way, they cannot block the road nor lanes, they cannot force a lower speed on a road, and forcefully stop others from driving faster, or slower for that matter.
Technically the piloting vehicle is only for guiding other drivers of a convoy, or to visually warn other drivers that are excluded from a convoy, that there is somewhat an alternation here ( slow convoy, long convoy(long as in, many drivers going the same way), or even a fast convoy)

So piloting vehicles in this game cannot mess about with other players in any way. They are just another driver on the road, technically.

If they do otherwise, record it and report it :)

76561197990194760.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sunort locked this topic

Archived