ETS2MP not launching correctly

danielcachucho97

Question

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

ETS2 is not loading correctly when launched from ETS2MP shortcut.

Works fine when launched from Steam itself.

When I launch ETS2 from the MP shortcut, it displays a black screen, plays the intro sound, RAM usage goes incredibly high extremely fast and then all of a sudden drops, then it repeats again by going high and then dropping again.

Blue windows cursor (loading) stays on for ages and eventually you just have to end the process with taskmgr.

7 answers to this question

Hello @danielcachucho97,

sometimes i have the same problem than you. For me the problem was fixed when i started the TMP launcher as an admin. May you can try this one.

What also helped me when you hear the intro sound that you press Alt+Tab. You will return to your desktop. Then simply click the ets2 icon in your task bar. Now you should see the game.

Tell me if it helped! :)

Regards,

Predator

Hi,

So what you are saying is that when launching ETS 2 Single Player it works fine without any error but then when you go ahead and open multiplayer mod (via the shortcut) you get a black screen, high memory usage and the windows loading wheel?

I have two questions.

Was it working before and only started happening now, have you changed anything?

Have you tried running the shortcut with administrator privileges (right click shortcut, click run as administrator)?

If you haven't already, you should download the latest mod version from here: https://truckersmp.com/download

If single player is working fine and other games are working fine then it can't be a video driver / card issue, that's for sure.

Just get back to me and I'll see if I have any more help that I can provide from under my sleeve...

Hello all,

Firstly I updated to the latest release which was today even.

Launched, same thing.

Then I deleted the launcher.bat file and ran as admin, still no luck.

ALL LAUNCHED AFTER STEAM LAUNCHED DUE TO THE "PERIMETER" POP-UP

Monitor on right shows frozen black screen.

Thanks for all your help!

Will keep accepting suggestions. Need to truck asap!

Cheers 

Untitled.jpg

On 10/29/2016 at 5:56 PM, 3567 said:

Hi,

So what you are saying is that when launching ETS 2 Single Player it works fine without any error but then when you go ahead and open multiplayer mod (via the shortcut) you get a black screen, high memory usage and the windows loading wheel?

I have two questions.

Was it working before and only started happening now, have you changed anything?

Have you tried running the shortcut with administrator privileges (right click shortcut, click run as administrator)?

If you haven't already, you should download the latest mod version from here: https://truckersmp.com/download

If single player is working fine and other games are working fine then it can't be a video driver / card issue, that's for sure.

Just get back to me and I'll see if I have any more help that I can provide from under my sleeve...

It worked one before and I beleive I updated the game and it stopped working.

I am going to try and uninstall the WHOLE ETS2 game and try from scratch to get it up and running.

I will let the forum now thereafter if this has solved my issue.

Topic locked & moved to Unsolved due to inactivity - last reply posted in October 31

Let me know if the problem has been solved.

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff