Guide To Surviving Calais-Duisburg Road

Smalley
Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent or correct information. Please bear this in mind if following this guide.

Hey,

driving at Calais-Duisburg road is like suicide. I ALWAYS get a hit from another truck, there is no way to get out there without damage - i tried to be so careful as i can, but everytime there is someone who is driving like a baby, going left and right, hitting other trucks intentionally.

There should be a option to activate a ghostmode so you cant get hit - or there should be more police and admins. :D

greetings

14 hours ago, DesertFade. said:

Hey,

driving at Calais-Duisburg road is like suicide. I ALWAYS get a hit from another truck, there is no way to get out there without damage - i tried to be so careful as i can, but everytime there is someone who is driving like a baby, going left and right, hitting other trucks intentionally.

There should be a option to activate a ghostmode so you cant get hit - or there should be more police and admins. :D

greetings

Well, i think this is everyone's idea of fun! Get yourself out on the C-D road! A great stress reliever! 

@Sgt.CameronA Well, you're wrong. There's lot of us who don't find the C-D road idiots funny at all. And to us, that road is the opposite of a "stress-reliever". To me, a stress-reliever is a peaceful drive, being able to deliver 2000 Km long jobs without any incidents. If crashing into others and/or being crashed into is your idea of a stress reliever, then maybe you should be playing GTA 5, any of the "Flatout" titles or anything similar when you feel stressed.

• True Story 1

18 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Sgt.CameronA Well, you're wrong. There's lot of us who don't find the C-D road idiots funny at all. And to us, that road is the opposite of a "stress-reliever". To me, a stress-reliever is a peaceful drive, being able to deliver 2000 Km long jobs without any incidents. If crashing into others and/or being crashed into is your idea of a stress reliever, then maybe you should be playing GTA 5, any of the "Flatout" titles or anything similar when you feel stressed.

Well we all have our different ideas of stress removal don't we!

I only go with a blessing and that they do not hit me, so I go armed and protected hahaha. But if I am with much of the opinion of others, many are stressed because they collide and do not arrive with the load in 0 damage, because there is simply a lot of map to travel and there is no reason to use the "CD" route

• Phon pinned and featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

the title is really nice, nice guide ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Guest ouzersn

1 hour ago, Freazy [TR] said:

I think this road should be closed, people can go different ways

They can't close this road because there are many fans of calais duisburg road and if they close this road they will lose many of TruckersMP players. Maybe they can decrease speed limit to 80.

2 hours ago, [MCG]dogearmy #DogeToMoon said:

They can't close this road because there are many fans of calais duisburg road and if they close this road they will lose many of TruckersMP players. Maybe they can decrease speed limit to 80.

The TruckersMP team can close that road section whenever they want.

They've done it in the past.

Keep in mind that it is their mod, and they decide what will happen and what won't.

The end would justify the means if it eliminated the majority of trolls and reckless driving players from multiplayer. The rest is an unfortunate collateral damage.

The speed limit on that road section varies between 80 km/h, 60 km/h and 50 km/h, depending on the driven direction and location.

The road between Duisburg and Calais is a known hotspot of trolls and reckless driving players. It wouldn't surprise me if most reported incidents happened in that area.

Still the TruckersMP team hesitates to take effective measures. Instead they published the high number of reports and revised the penalties on abusing the report system. This doesn't address the core of the problem, it only treats the symptoms.

• True Story 1

• 7 months later...

Hai dear @Smalley

First of all, I woud like to thank you for creating and giving time to this guide. I really appreciate your time to spend on making some helpful guides for others. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice guide for me +1 

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Member

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Overall a good guide, however you need to bear in mind that some of the images are outdated after junctions were modified.

I'd also suggest that driving at a consistent speed such as 70km/h (which is what I normally do) is safer than attempting to follow the speed limits, as other traffic may not be prepared for you to slow down to 50km/h.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

6 hours ago, .Quality said:

Overall a good guide, however you need to bear in mind that some of the images are outdated after junctions were modified.

I'd also suggest that driving at a consistent speed such as 70km/h (which is what I normally do) is safer than attempting to follow the speed limits, as other traffic may not be prepared for you to slow down to 50km/h.

That's what I would recommend too: adjust your riding style to the current situation, go with the flow. I'd also recommend to be proactive in solving any problems if they come up, even if you think you are in the right.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Wanted to say that this is indeed a nice guide!
For me I tried driving on this road and it is exactly what I expected, Long traffic Jams that can occur multiple stressful situations along the way, specially with the "intelligent" creatures that decide to overtake within two trucks that are so close to each other that a person model for ETS2 wouldn't fit inside them.

However, for me those stressful situations are a bit fun and can be useful to break up from the usual routine of just seeing a couple trucks to no trucks on your journeys.

My advise to those driving the road would be to:
If any  "intelligent" creatures tries to overtake you, try to facilitate their job to re-enter the lane by slowing down and moving to the a bit more to the right (if possible) to see if they can learn to be inside it.

Now that I am writing this, I thought, if they really are that "intelligent" they won't stay in the lane that they are supposed to be in anyways xD

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

" Guide To Surviving Calais-Duisburg Road"

Really ? this topic was accepted ? I'm really surprised to see this topic on the TMP forum cause for my part, if there is so many problems at Calais, Duisburg and C-D road and the areas around, there is not due to the players in general, but due to the incredible number of trolls and by the fact that the TMP moderation on this zone is not enough well managed. Not to mention the fact that TMP dont make his work as well. Of course we can understand the situation and of course it's really important to say it's probably very difficult for TMP to ensure this problem occuring on this area(s) but maybe it would be better for TMP to change many things 

I personally feel that there is not enough moderation in these areas.
I've seen players get kicked or banned for blocking company/garage entrances (being in monster traffic jams themselves). But if they had allowed people to get out, how could they have moved on?
Maybe TMP should be much stricter on the bans in this area, and do some kind of intense moderation for several days or weeks to prevent the situation from continuing.
This is the only place on the sim 1 server where there is the highest rate of accidents and rule breaking. 

So making a guide to tell people how to behave there is not the solution...

18 hours ago, OCSC Event said:

" Guide To Surviving Calais-Duisburg Road"

Really ? this topic was accepted ? I'm really surprised to see this topic on the TMP forum cause for my part, if there is so many problems at Calais, Duisburg and C-D road and the areas around, there is not due to the players in general, but due to the incredible number of trolls and by the fact that the TMP moderation on this zone is not enough well managed. Not to mention the fact that TMP dont make his work as well. Of course we can understand the situation and of course it's really important to say it's probably very difficult for TMP to ensure this problem occuring on this area(s) but maybe it would be better for TMP to change many things 

I personally feel that there is not enough moderation in these areas.
I've seen players get kicked or banned for blocking company/garage entrances (being in monster traffic jams themselves). But if they had allowed people to get out, how could they have moved on?
Maybe TMP should be much stricter on the bans in this area, and do some kind of intense moderation for several days or weeks to prevent the situation from continuing.
This is the only place on the sim 1 server where there is the highest rate of accidents and rule breaking. 

So making a guide to tell people how to behave there is not the solution...

This guide is nearly six (6) years old and, as stated above, is outdated.

Back then, the situation was different.