Driving-direction of players in the map.

Amazed

Suggestion Name: Driving-direction of players in the map
Suggestion Description: The color of the players on the ingame-map changes depending on their direction on the road. The color also changes if a truck comes to a stop.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: It would make overtaking more easy because currently you can't distinguish a player on your lane and a player that drives towards you. Also upcoming traffic-jams could be seen easier.

Additional comment: I know, that the implementation of this might be somewhat complicated, but through the magic of math it is pretty simple to calculate weather a player is driving towards you or with you.

• Upvote 3

hello, 

+1 wouldnt be a bad idea! The overtaking from players are causing the most crashes in-game! With this suggestion this wouldnt be a problem anymore! :D 

regards, 

///goshawk_2k15

-1 Not everyone uses dots so this wouldn't really be very effective and I wouldn't like this anyway, I like the current system with the dots, one colour for players and another colour for friends :) This would ruin that and the changing dot colours would get a bit annoying :P

Edited by DavidOC93 | Killua

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

5 hours ago, Gen15Lien said:

Plot twist: Not everyone uses the dots. This idea doesn't make sense unless the dots are forced on for everyone. -1

4 hours ago, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

-1 Not everyone uses dots so this wouldn't really be very effective and I wouldn't like this anyway, I like the current system with the dots, one colour for players and another colour for friends :) This would ruin that and the changing dot colours would get a bit annoying :P

I know that not all the players use dots, but for those who do it would be a great feature :)

@DavidOC93 | Killua I see your point with the color of the friends. But i guess we could find a solution for this problem. And if you dont like it at all you could turn of the feature 

Like I said earlier, I really like this idea. But according to what @DavidOC93 | Killua said, I thought of something else.

What if they don't use colors for directions, but just an arrow attached to the dot? That will show you which direction they are driving! Also, if you turn your render distance high, you can see if players are stopped in a jam.

Kind Regards,

Renetjuhhh123

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

21 hours ago, Renetjuhhh123 said:

What if they don't use colors for directions, but just an arrow attached to the dot?

That might also be possible. I just thought about one way to do it, but the idea stays the same.

• 2 years later...

A very similar suggestion has been rejected recently. You can check it out here:

As of our current project management's words, such a feature is not needed. For that reason this suggestion is being rejected as well, I hope you can understand it. May you have anything else, don't hesitate to message me.

Cheers,

en_field, TruckersMP Community Moderator.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0