Players could add Hazard triangle on the minimap?

NicoNugis

There can be moments in your virtual trucking life ,when a truck bumps into another truck and you have no possible sign, that truckers in front of you have crashed and blocked the road

or their having a emergecy stop. Yes, they could just click F7 and Enter, but if they have some reason, why they dont wanna do that,but they could be able to let other truckers know.

in theory,there might be a situation,where there are 5 trucks on the road and at the sides of the road on the side. They wont click F7 Enter.

A trucker near by, or a crashed trucker could be able to voluntary add ,,a Hazard triangle,, on the minimap, letting approaching players know about the area of the accident.

To avoid minimap spams from trolling truckers, there should be a limit. Solution would be one warning triangle ,,per player,, with a timer.

Could players be able to voluntarily add Hazard triangle on the minimap?

Have a safe trip!

• Upvote 2

Hi there,

I agree with @heyhococo 

This is a magnet for trolls to just place random 'hazard signs' around the map to cause others hassle and disrupt them etc..

Highway Ghost

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

I totally agree with every fact that you are all saying. And i agree with VortexHauler, everything has it,s ups and downs

I do know you can allways click Y to let people know about,how to respawn to workshop, but it was one of my ideas to

find a second way to the solution. actually i also thout forward,that some people might start trolling by posting the signs all 

over the around the map. But its best of every player is allowed to add only one triangle for limited amount of time.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NicoNugis said:

I totally agree with every fact that you are all saying. And i agree with VortexHauler, everything has it,s ups and downs

I do know you can allways click Y to let people know about,how to respawn to workshop, but it was one of my ideas to

find a second way to the solution. actually i also thout forward,that some people might start trolling by posting the signs all 

over the around the map. But its best of every player is allowed to add only one triangle for limited amount of time.

Yeah, I like that idea.

Maybe once a triangle has been placed, the triangle will be there for a limited time, and no other warning triangles can be placed in that area for a while.

Just an idea, you seem to be on fire with these so maybe you will have something more substantial :D 

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

Or maybe a triangle on a particular road. Maybe you can also divide the world map into sectors so like there can only be one triangle in one sector. So like the admins can see which sector of the world map is in trouble. This will also make sure that one triangle is only placed in one sector. OR is this too complicated?

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Penguin said:

A little bit too complicated, it would require too much code.

Just the ability to warn other players would be good, however as others have said, this can be done w/ your truck, and therefore wouldn't exactly be important right now.

I agree with u on that. One single triangle = 1 player for a limited time.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

You'd still have players abusing this, get 10 trolls on the server then you could have 10 incorrectly labeled roads. If they all worked together then you could end up having them some how redirect traffic (because truckers will want to avoid these triangles) and this could cause a massive backup on a different road OR cause a collision some where because of these trolls. You already got the dots on the minimap and players already know the busiest roads, so visually they will know when trucks are ahead of them. 

The only way this could not be abused would be:

• Admins need to validate the triangles so they can be publicly seen on the map.
  • Only the admins have access to marking a road with a triangle. 

I can understand,every idea has its down sides and it was only one of the few ideas,which might help drivers to consider the crash and slow down or take a diffrent route.

It is deffenedly not a big game changing idea, but for me it is one of the ideas,which makes sure,truckers can keep on moving without any upcoming opsticles they dont know about.

And Gekco is right, that if there are too many triangles at one point, Admin can react.

but while it doesnt happen and there just one triangle, it makes everything more comfortable 

for truckers and for admins. If it is a bad idea in your oppinion, i also wont argue. 

• Upvote 1

No they won't since admins will be watching who is putting up the hazard symbols. If there is too many, the admins will react and see who has placed the hazard symbols and ban them. So instead of looking at the in-game reports, they can immediately look at where the hazard symbols are placed on the map. 

spacer.png

• 9 months later...

I know this is quite an old post but I think I might have a suggestion to this. Players when in heavy traffic or if they had an accident 90% of the time turn on their hazard blinkers. Perhaps if you turn these on, your blue circle changes into a hazard triangle. I don't know if this is possible but I think it might be better than hazard triangle placed on a certain location.

For example:
An accident occured and a few players have stopped and turned on hazard blinkers. The next player who's coming of course can't see this from far away, but does notice multiple blinking player icons on his map. Now he/she knows there might be slow traffic or even traffic standing still. This way he/she can slow down in time and won't slam into the back of the other trucks causing more chaos.

I know this can be abused a bit as well, by players leaving them on, on purpose. The thing is that you can see that the triangle is moving.

I don't know if I explained this very well, but at least I hope this suggestion was usefull.

Edited by Nicoduivel
A comma missing in a sentence making it harder to understand.

• Penguin locked this topic
  • 5 months later...
On 24.10.2016 at 10:40 PM, NicoNugis said:

Yes, they could just click F7 and Enter, but if they have some reason, why they dont wanna do that

If there is any reason why they would not do that, we call that §2.3 Intentional Blocking.

Rejected.