Problem locked file

Nevets08

Question

Bonjour, vu que le jeu à eu une mise à jour, je voulais downgrade la version du jeu pour le rendre compatible avec le mod multi sauf que depuis je n'arrive pas à jouer même en solo. J'ai essayer beaucoup de choses, desinstaller, réinstaller, remettre la version de base.. Ca me mets toujours : " une erreur s'est produite lors de la mise à jour de Euro Truck Simulator 2 ( fichier de contenu verrouillé ) je ne sais pas quoi faire.

Translate in english with google : 

Hello, since the game had an update, I wanted to downgrade the version of the game to make it compatible with the multi mod, except that, i can't play even in solo. I try many things, uninstall, reinstall, put the basic version .. It always put myself: "An error occurred while updating Euro Truck Simulator 2 (locked content file) I know what to do.

prout.PNG

3 answers to this question

I think that what is happening here is that you are trying to downgrade your ETS 2 version while you still have the TruckersMP mod installed and that this is causing a conflict, when you delete the local content for ETS 2 to re-install it, it will only remove the ETS 2 files and will leave the multiplayer mod files in the folder...

So here is what you need to do, go ahead and follow that directory path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and delete the folder, (your save game files are saved in a folder called 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' in 'My Documents'), once you have deleted the folder you can go ahead and go into steam and re-download / install (you may need to press delete local cache in the steam client as it won't recognize that you deleted the folder.

Once it has finished downloading and installing you can then go into the properties of ETS 2 and goto BETA and choose the game version that you would like to downgrade to (this may be in-valid i think i mis-read your post), as an extra measure to stop your game from auto updating, you can goto UPDATES' (in the same dialog box, properties) and under 'automatic updates' choose something worded like 'Only update when I launch the game. - (This can be used in future to stop your game auto updating and not allowing you to play ETS 2 MP without having to wait for the developers to release a patch to support the new official game version.

Please download the latest ETS 2 MP mod client here: https://truckersmp.com/download

Please be advised however that the multiplayer mod will only work with the latest version of ETS 2.