Calais>Duisburg Road: Information and Alternative Routes

heyhococo

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2023 at 2:46 PM, Sowren said:

The TruckersMP team is constantly releasing new updates in the cities of Calais, Duisburg and on the road, but I'm sure most of the players (except beginners) are bored with this road. The only reason this road is crowded is because the other roads are empty. No one wants to drive alone on an empty highway. ETS2 has a map that is too large for TruckersMP players to be evenly distributed (along with DLCs). That's why it's so normal for players to gather in a certain area. It's up to us to find another popular road.

Wrong. There are no new updates. That's a lie.

DLC's are empty because of ban evaders and/or temp accounts not wanting to re-purchase the DLC all the time. Plus, the main map is free.

No other road on the map can offer a replacement for CD like how OG Europort was.

• With OG Europort, traffic funneled from Rotterdam to the port. The sharp right turn and the lane merge, along with bad drivers, was the cause of it.
  • With current CD, you have bad drivers trying to all squeeze down a 1 lane road with bad services that can't handle the load. Along with Port Access.

Until Netherlands & Belgium are updated by SCS, this road will remain a warzone. When the revamp comes, they will be scattering the map to find a replacement. Which i suspect will be Kiel-Travemunde. When that happens, expect no further map updates.

• True Story 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 9:23 PM, Somehow Lucky said:

Wrong. There are no new updates. That's a lie.

DLC's are empty because of ban evaders and/or temp accounts not wanting to re-purchase the DLC all the time. Plus, the main map is free.

No other road on the map can offer a replacement for CD like how OG Europort was.

• With OG Europort, traffic funneled from Rotterdam to the port. The sharp right turn and the lane merge, along with bad drivers, was the cause of it.
  • With current CD, you have bad drivers trying to all squeeze down a 1 lane road with bad services that can't handle the load. Along with Port Access.

Until Netherlands & Belgium are updated by SCS, this road will remain a warzone. When the revamp comes, they will be scattering the map to find a replacement. Which i suspect will be Kiel-Travemunde. When that happens, expect no further map updates.

I'm also looking forward for the NL and BE rework. but I odon't think players will switch the road from Duisburg to Calais to another. Have a look at the added alpine road in Austria over the big mountain. It was popular for two weeks fter it cam out. Now you're happy to find at least 5 other players on it. My guess would be that Duisburg - Calais will remain (because other roads are either too short or in a DLC), only the road between it will change.

7 hours ago, _God_ said:

I'm also looking forward for the NL and BE rework. but I odon't think players will switch the road from Duisburg to Calais to another. Have a look at the added alpine road in Austria over the big mountain. It was popular for two weeks fter it cam out. Now you're happy to find at least 5 other players on it. My guess would be that Duisburg - Calais will remain (because other roads are either too short or in a DLC), only the road between it will change.

Austria's CD Road still has a bit of popularity (also, thank Toast for making a video on it).

image.png

What Deterred most players? The toll booths on either end.

3500 players on Sim 1 right now.

image.png

With a good portion using the alternative of Lille & Liege.

On ProMods, the route is completely gone.

image.png

The route is all highway and has lots of turns and ways to go. Probably will be confusing at first. However, it has the base cities for both Duisburg & Calais.

The revamp's not soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, the overhaul of the gas station on the Dutch-Belgian border was a good job. But there are still two other points on the route that need to be revised: the gas station on the Belgian-French border and the level crossing must be replaced by a bridge or the tracks and thus the level crossing must be removed to ensure good traffic flow on the Duisburg-Calais route .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive and contains outdated information, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager