Calais>Duisburg Road: Information and Alternative Routes

heyhococo

On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۲۹ at 1:04 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

What ive noticed with this route is that its okay, until everyone starts using it, or until traffic builds up on the A1/A16. Then it falls apart, the better alternative from Rotterdam is to go straight up to Amsterdam and follow the road that way round, and from Calais, go south down towards The border with Belgium, then head east from that point onwards.

Hi. This is a good tip.
And it's a good start for the novice players.

But people who are prepared to drive on the Calais-Duisburg route do not get out of the main road.

If I go to Calais or Duisburg on the EU2 server, I just sit at my garage and just watch people in dev camera. To actually drive those 2 cities or the C-D road, I’ll get on the US server in ETS2 to take loads. 

Hey,

good and useful for people who really want to avoid that road. But badly, most players pick freights to Duisburg, because they want to drive on that road :/

On 8/29/2018 at 3:35 AM, Ptterz said:

Why is there a such topic? Haven't everyone heard of the map function? Besides, the suggested routes are usually bad, really bad. They might be a few kilometers shorter, but incredibly slower.

I agree, just stick to motorways most of the time and you will be there faster with less traffic