Calais>Duisburg Road: Information and Alternative Routes

heyhococo

Haha you can avoid our favourite ,,Road Of Death,, in lots of metods. We know that, trolls know that. But? Nobody is doing that :D I like to sometimes have a look on that road just to see what is happening, but im not driving of course, im flying with 0 Camera :) . Trolls will never avoid that road. Its sad but true... 

PS. You can drive around on roads from Vive La France too ;)

This also works if you need to drive from/to Calais to western Germany (Hamburg, Osnabruck, Dortmund, Bremen, ...). You just need to continue the route in the second photo. Beware that route goes through Rotterdam and Amsterdam so you need to pay attention in that area, but still is much better than C-D road.

I used that way yesterday when i did Calais-Hamburg and it was almost perfect. Just one guy in Rotterdam entrance decided to enter the city in my face and hit my trailer, but for some strange reason it didnt get any damage :huh:.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to share my opinion about most popular Calais - Duisburg road alternatives: 

Praha - Frankfurt am Main (Country Road)

Brno - Szczecin (Country Road) : Very enjoyable due to the variable road conditions.

Milano - Zürich (Country Road) : Challenging with heavy load.

Zürich - Liege (From Country Road)

Milano - Bern (From Country Road)

West Side Cities of Norway - Oslo

I have not buy the Vive la France DLC yet. So i don't know there.

Yes, but the point of this thread was for those who don't wish to be in the queues caused by the trolls- for people who want to get their load from Calais to Duisburg without a delay or damage, for example. Don't get me wrong, I still use the C>D road myself as I think it's fun being in a queue from time to time, but when I want a serious way round I'll use an alternative route.

On 2017-6-9 at 11:28 AM, [SellPlan]-DominikMarioPL said:

You can still get in  to some traffic on the alternative routes but its not as bad and the c-d road 

True that, but at least you won't be having more than at least 70% of damage on your way. These alternative routes are definitely better for players who don't like to wait hours or get rammed, e.g. trolls or newbies.

Hi!

Here are a couple of alternative.
You can good drive there from 00:00 hours - 16:00 hours.
From 4 am hours - 12 pm hours there trollers, Make use of the other roads To not cause damage to your truck and trailer.

You can decide self how to driving and where you want to drive.
Trollers are make for damage to your truck and trailer for the fun for iritations te make So That you can get angry.

Drive safe and enjoy the game.

On 2017-6-15 at 4:06 AM, C?nnell said:

True that, but at least you won't be having more than at least 70% of damage on your way. These alternative routes are definitely better for players who don't like to wait hours or get rammed, e.g. trolls or newbies.

yes this is true, but today i was driving and next to osnabruck there was a massive traffic jam out of no where i was in a convoy of 3 people and we spent an hour waiting in line to pass it turned out when i got to my drop off that i had 100% damage out of no where, so i would recomend changin your rout even if its a longer one to avoid traffic jams.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the post. I once sat behind my desk doing nothing but pushing the gas pedal a bit for 30 minutes. The jams are just so enormously big, it's unbelieveble, like.. Really. Still love the road though, XD.

Another tip for Duisburg - if you are coming from the North or East of Germany (on the A1 or A2 corridor) and your GPS takes you into Duisburg from the northeastern entrance, ignore the GPS. Instead head on southbound and stay on the motorway until you get to the A45 exit for Duisburg, which you'll take that exit. You'll eventually come across a series of tunnels which you'll go straight ahead and through and you'll be in the city. 

If you need to access the LKW depot, do not turn right at the lights (this will take you to the service station and the chaos), but turn left and go through a series of left turns at junctions to eventually arrive at the depot. 

If your truck needs servicing, don't service it in Duisburg (as you will damage your truck even more!), but instead get out of the city and head south to Dusseldorf, where it is a lot less chaotic and the service station there is easier to access.