Why do people speed?

Eje005

people speed because they don't want to follow road laws. They want to wreck other people and they don't care if they get banned or kicked. And they wont stop speeding if they don't get get kicked or banned i know thats a lot of people but its true. It would be nice if they made where you drove on the game for like 2-3 weeks before you get the car that would be nice so people know how to drive before they crash the car.    come on i'm right give me a point 

CyberWarrior

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ that is not true at all and very unfair to go saying everyone that speed wants to wreck others people games. The majority of people in EU2 speed and most do not do it to crash into others or wreak others games etc, most speed without incident most of the time. Loads of people speed in both cars and trucks and do not cause problems for others. If you don't like people speeding then use EU1.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Within reason it's okay, it's a bit cool really. Sensible people will speed naturally, say if the limit is 80km/h, 120km/h briefly on the highways would be fine. Some people I'm sure we're aware of seem to misjudge corners (in the road or actual junction corners) at speed, or passing other drivers. That bit is very annoying. 

I wonder how people take this SOOO seriously, I mean, we are talking about a simulator but even that means a FANTASY WORLD!

The point that's make me anger its the intolerance and sharpness from some 'hardcore' players. Everyone can enjoy the game as he want to.

Rules are to be brake down, have no sense for me sit in my PC to follow every sign or speed limit, I love trucks and "highway life" and i could be earning money for that and enjoying much better landscapes.

But no, I tap this FANTASY WORLD to take out stress and have FUN, please, respect my way.

And I am not afraid of others reckless drivers, its pretty challenging to avoid a crash when are in middle of speed run overtake.

I love diversity and appreciate much as well good drivers.

Hope our community still growing up without left anyone who wants to join and take a role in this world.. :D

^ The OP is mainly complaining about the speeders who cause issues, like the ones who ram, run red lights etc. For some taking it seriously is fun, for others speeding is more fun. No matter what you'll have intolerance from both sides. The speeders and rule breakers have an intolerance to the players who get them banned because they feel like they shouldn't have been banned. And the players who take this game 100% seriously will have an intolerance to those who keep ramming them. 

I take this game seriously and I do speed, but I know when to slow down and how fast I can safely go. 

Most likely like in real life i will watch my fuel efficiency. My trip will be more slower.

When free-roaming on the server or need to meet another person somewhere i likely speed why, have to be fast at a point to grab my next trip from A - B 

It has to be safe tho. Reckless driving in not done ,, and when i am speeding above limit and there is a truck ahead of me who is going by limit i am adapting my speed or a safe overtake. 

Its simply respect for different driving styles.

qaP2RnB.jpg

Fast Cargo Website

Applications are OPEN

For more information see the website above.

I have just recently joined the multiplayer community, and i have to say, the insane speed some truckers are going is sort of drawing me away already. 150 km/t + is quite unreal in my book - plus many of them ends up tipping over, or just crashes into others

Thats why i more and more take extern contracts, just easy trucking while recording and if you get rammed or so just report them. Some people also think this is a Need for Speed game or something.

عيشي بلادي عاش اتحاد امار اتنا عشت لشعب: دينه الاسلام هديه القران حصنتك باسم الله ياوطن بلادي بلادي بلادي بلادي

Come on unless we are on server 1 we all speed at some point ! . 

I use server 1 for about 50% of mp 

for the other 50% it's server 3 for me at the moment . 

Speed is nothing to fear or be ashamed about on any server apart from #1 (not that you can speed on server1 )

my personal rules on speeding :

1 always slow to speed limits as soon as you see a blue dot on gps . 

2 treat the other player with respect as if thay are on server 1 

3 keep the trailer stability on the setting it is as standard 

this will help you learn the limit of speed .

4 know the road you are on if you want to speed .

and finally 

5 just don't be a  * !! It's easy to speed and still be a good member of mp if you just thinka bit more about other gamers and what they are doing . 

Oh and remember what the Beatles said !! 

Love love love do do do love love love . ;)

I speed most of the time as i find it more fun than going at the speed limit, my view is that if you can't control high speed don't go at high speed. I only speed when it is safe to do so (aka on the motorway) and once you have a succesful profile you don't really need to drive to save fuel, my other view is if you don't like playing with speeders play in eu1 which is the simulation server whereas eu2 and 3 are freeroam servers

signature_cao.png

2 minutes ago, invasivespark said:

I speed most of the time as i find it more fun than going at the speed limit, my view is that if you can't control high speed don't go at high speed. I only speed when it is safe to do so (aka on the motorway) and once you have a succesful profile you don't really need to drive to save fuel, my other view is if you don't like playing with speeders play in eu1 which is the simulation server whereas eu2 and 3 are freeroam servers

i agree. unless you want to crash into other players and get banned for this. Seriously: if you are driving in areas where nothing is going on (for example calais-duisburg-road :P) than you can drive faster than actually allowed (in my opinion). Exepted you are not alone on the road to avoid any crashes.

I obey all speed limits, even with the special cargo trailers and in curbs that says 40km/h I'll slow down to 40km/h for it, if a trailer I hook up specify max 70km/h on their back, I won't go any faster, I have my beacon active when I do this kind of delivery so I'm easy to spot, you can blow the horn or flash your lights all you want, I don't care, I've turned off the CB recently because I got yelled at for driving the speed limit, try to ram me and I'll report you, I press a button and last 2 minutes of what happened is on plays.tv ready to be sent to admins for a report. Note here, I'm not blocking the road or anything and let everyone overtake me if they want, but please, do it carefully, one press of a button and you'll be reported if you're not careful.

Special advice for convoys, please, let me get out of the road at the next stop before trying to overtake me, I don't want to crash in your convoy because of your players having bad ping, I'm always between 90 to 120ms on EU#1 and EU#2 so I'm not the one causing this, please just signal it on the chat and I'll get out at next stop so you can pass freely and safely.

76561198104067447.png

With Me in the Truck In ETS2 i usually max out at 100 KPH and thats only on the motorways in europe the only time i go faster than that is to overtake someone if necessary aka they are lagging horribly or can not maintain their lane otherwise 100KPH in the car I follow the speed Limit and in the sections where there isn't one i go as fast as i can maintain control of the car as soon as i start sliding or tipping i slow down till im not In ATS i go about 5MPH faster than the speed limit in california unless overtaking and in Nevada i stay at the limit of 80 MPH unless overtaking Arizona i will go occasionally go 5 Over to 80 again unless overtaking and i attempt to follow traffic laws there are times i have blown reds or stop signs in the car just due to its horrible brakes and yes my intensity is about 80-90% cause 100% in a truck is too much even in the car its unrealistic 

4i21k0-5.png

On 23.10.2016 at 5:07 AM, Amazing Red Panda said:

For me, I play slow because following the speed limit with car/truck is challenging. And saving as much fuel as i can.

The best thing of driving slowly: you can train your knowledge of traffic-rules for real life .Especially if you want to get the driving license. :D. Thats funny because i have failed 2 times to get my license :huh: hmm. Dont know why

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived