Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Why do people speed?

Eje005

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, antrax 737 said:

@Andreas437 So normal driving for you is 20kmh? I dont remember any job taking me 4 hours, max 2 hours on promods map, i think it was 4000km job, or 3000km, and i was driving 90... so maybe you should play some more, to find out how things work

I'm not sure on this but I wanna believe that someone said that the ProMods map is downscaled. Trust me, I've played this game for years and I've taken jobs that takes up to 4 hours. If you don't wanna believe me, fine. I don't care.

LOL! What was the question? 

Why do you obey all traffic lights,all traffic signs,all speeds? If I did that I would seriously think about,what on earth did I buy this game for,if I wanted to obey all rules and drive like that,I would buy a real truck.

Even Admins speed and flip there cars as I have seen :D 

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

^ the game is cheaper than a real truck :P

my country suck. the truck variant is not as good as in euro and the road is just horrible. take care tons of license & permit just to move and become a truck driver in europe or america? that just silly.

what next? buy real plane instead of playing flight simulator realistically? well I do want to buy one if those are cheap and can fit into my small room.:(

that's why we have simulator to imitate the real stuff without all the boring paperwork.

This is exactly what I can't understand. This game is a simulator. I find it really satisfying to successfully and realistically drive within the rules. When I do that I have full control over my truck which means I stay in my lane and don't cause any danger to anyone. 

Some of you said that when you drive slow you get rammed more. I don't think so. I don't know why I'm different, but I don't get rammed that much in-game. Biggest problem I have, because I like driving slow is that I don't enjoy driving with friends that much. Most of them like to drive fast unlike me.

However, drive as fast as you like as long as you can still drive well. I'm not here with a 'ban the speeders' -attitude.

TruckBro

Ready to go!

As someone said above i hate to drive slow in an empty road its so dull and boring, thats why i speed and thats why i play mp in eu2, but im not a reckless driver the only time i've crashed into someone was when i was overtaking and the guy started to accelerate when i was about to pass him and other guy appeared in the other line and i couldnt brake in time. But hey anyone can play as he sees fit.

^^160 in 110 zone?! Who gave you driving license? I hope your attitude on road will change... nothing personal against you, i used to drive fast too, i was insane driver and im sorry for every second when i was driving fast, i had couple of close calls/near misses where normal drivers saved me, if they wouldnt i wouldnt be typing this now, now im 20 and i follow the 50, 90, 110 and 130kmh speed limits. Just had to type that, sorry.

For me it is simple. I follow the speed limits when others are around, when they arent I hop up to about 125-130 on divided highways. I also do not save "5 minutes." A "day" runs by in about 1 hour real time so a 36 hour haul takes 1 1/2 hours. To do 2 hauls take 3 hours. That is if you obey the speed limits. A 36 hour haul takes me 1 hour real time or 1 "day." In the time it took you to do 2 hauls, I just did 3. In the time it takes you to do 4 hauls, I just did 6. As I stated, I follow the speed limits in congested areas but a deserted highway is time for me to cut down delivery time. Since I purchased a logitech G920 wheel I have yet to hit a wall either from speeding.

^^ Speed limits on your GPS screen are for trucks or cars (you can change it in the settings) and that's because in most European countries, those limits are different. AFAIK, the fastest you can drive a truck in Europe would be the UK, with 60 mph (97 Km/h). 50 mph (80 Km/h) is the speed limit for trucks in most countries. A lot of people have said that road signs allow to go faster than what the GPS shows, but that's because road signs are meant for cars. You can see 130 in a road sign and the limit for a truck can be 80 however.

4 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

^^ Speed limits on your GPS screen are for trucks or cars (you can change it in the settings) and that's because in most European countries, those limits are different. AFAIK, the fastest you can drive a truck in Europe would be the UK, with 60 mph (97 Km/h). 50 mph (80 Km/h) is the speed limit for trucks in most countries. A lot of people have said that road signs allow to go faster than what the GPS shows, but that's because road signs are meant for cars. You can see 130 in a road sign and the limit for a truck can be 80 however.

Oh, thanks.

I'll speed, but not so fast where I can't control my truck. I tend to go faster when there is no players around but once I catch up to players I go about 100-110KPH (used to that since that is the Highway speed here) and if it's a 1 lane road I'll just follow them. If i'm in a car, different story since the handling in the cars suck....... lol 

Can't speak for all speeders, but players love to speed so they can get to their destination faster, and some just do it because they want to cause chaos and damage to other drivers. 

You know I just saw something funny....a guy going faster than me and i was going at some speed which i shouldnt of been doing, he disappears so as i come round the corner I see his truck toppled over on his side and he dc's, this right there suggests players cannot handle their truck and a in game speed force should be made in the client, many people will not like it but its clear it is a danger to others.

Now however replying to the OP, you cannot expect players to adhere to road laws when everything that made it a road was removed, traffic feeble punishments for breaking the laws, if fines were bigger it would deter people imho.

14 minutes ago, rakovic4 said:

there suggests players cannot handle their truck and a in game speed force should be made in the client

14 minutes ago, rakovic4 said:

if fines were bigger it would deter people imho

Sorry, but those are a no - no. Speed limits are set in EU#1 server (60 Km/h tops inside cities, 110 Km/h tops on any other roads), EU#2 is no speed limited and it won't change. Fines can be as high as you want them, but players are free to cheat their profiles to have billions and you can even disable fines in the game's settings so they'd keep driving the same way.

But as you said, it's funny to see those speed-fans when they fail. Driving 80 Km/h on a highway, another player comes from behind, like 150-160 Km/h. Overtook, no problems... And he/she noticed at that moment that his/her highway exit was just ahead, turned right, trailer started to flip, hit the exit barrier, trailer started to fly, ended on the grass, halfway the exit, on its side. I almost lost control of my truck because of the laughter. Opened the chat and wrote: "Run, Forest, run". All kind of insults and curses as answer, which just made me LOL more. Pity I didn't record, not for reporting, but just for the fun of it.

I went speed limit yesterday with my m8 @kyle70001 and he said my driving was floorless and he couldn't even find any faults in that driving. He forced me to go speed limit for an hour XD Just when people speed is well nobody knows it could be anything i think going speed limit actually is better than people think. Try it unless you do it all the time like uhm *cough*@kyle70001*cough* :P

vkdg7t.jpgbanner

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt say i HAVE to play realistic, i try to ofc, and thats also what i enjoy to do the most, but the most important thing, that i love and probably is the reason i play multiplayer, is because i meet people. If i wouldnt play multiplayer for the people, i might aswell just play singleplayer, right? ;)
You might say, interaction is more appealing than sitting alone, in singleplayer, applauding over a nicely skinned and specced truck, custom trailers, and the same queue of AI traffic, that does the same boring thing as ever.

And its not like i drive super fast always, or because im in a hurry, or because of delivery times, or quantity of jobs. The only two reasons i drive fast, extremely few times, is catching up with people, or when ive been driving, without meeting a soul for some time.

Loneliness, the thing i hate the most about multiplayer, the few times, it actually happens ^o^

76561197990194760.png

Archived