User nasty in report evidence video comment

Darth Ducky

Hi guys,

I reported a user with video evidence, and that user was rightly banned. Somebody has made a comment on the video that is using foul language, and after a check on his Steam profile I'm positive that it is the banned user (the video was Unlisted at the time). Could anyone tell me the correct way about reporting this infringement as I didn't know if to just do it through the normal way or if there is something different is needed.

Thanks.

Duck.

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

Bullying/Harrassment

Abusing community members/staff for creating a report, being staff or any other such item.

Insulting Users
Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate towards other users or anything similar.

Quotes from in game rules- you can create a report, however I've often just messaged the admin (who banned them originally) directly with a link to the image, and it's dealt with much much faster. :)

thanks for the comments

It's funny @Sysgen because you are the admin the dealt with the original report.

@Sysgen

Report no 1119225.

Video with users comment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srZtW711Bo&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13afl0jjkett3bxe04cj3ah0yi1gx0jglg0k

Translation - http://prntscr.com/cx7ho3

Users Steam ID through steamid.eu - https://steamid.eu/profile/76561198152128075 and a screenshot from that page that shows one of his former names that seems to be the same username he used on the Youtube video comment - http://prnt.sc/cx7jw6

Not sure if the user is claiming that he will just get the game again and ban evade, but that seemed suspicious.... plus there is the foul language in the comment.

@Sysgen I find it very annoying that you are unfortunately restricted in that way as I have given you clear and precise evidence to show that it looks to be the same user. The steamid.eu website is used by a lot of other websites to find Steam users and I would have thought that the admin/mod team would have been able to use this better website (well, better than Steam for information). Maybe you could bring it up at a meeting so that these users don't slip through the cracks like this.

2 hours ago, gopensgo291 said:

Mod can't really do a thing because it's a YouTube comment no proof that's it's the same guy

maybe you should check out all of the links I posted, including the screenshot ;)

34 minutes ago, coldo121 said:

So in that case, when will TruckersMP be buying Youtube? What people do outside of TruckersMP has nothing to do with this site whatsoever, it's a clear violation of freedom of speech if you ban someone because of what they do on a totally unrelated website.

I don't think you have any idea what free speech actually means.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i have the same "issue"
I also get comments on my evidence vids sometimes, and i could just turn comments off, but i leave them on, because there is actually some ppl that get punishments, that comments with a thank you for teaching me, because some of them dont even think about what they are doing, apparently.... And some has some questions or such, but mostly its as what you say, foul language. And i just take a screenshot, and the link of the vid, make a new report ofc referring to the original report, and they mostly get a longer penalty, or another one. And hopefully, they then learn not to comment with that attitude again :)

Some just cant handle getting a punishment, especially, if they did something wrong, because of others! Like, someone rammed them, and the insult the person in the chat. And they act like, why didnt you film and report the guy who started it. Well...
Every action, has a consequence, One self has to decide if its a good or bad consequence. :D

76561197990194760.png

I just try and get people to some how admit to it being them in the video, sadly it doesn't work LOL...... I've had at least 3 people swear at me saying that I should be banned blah blah blah. But, like Donkeypunch said, some just can't handle being punished. I just want to be able to tell someone "Well, since your being an absolute jerk right now.... ummmm yeaaaaaa enjoy another ban :D".

I actually think some of the players have logged into their alternate YouTube channel to make them look like they are in the right and I was in the wrong.  

But, ive also had vids, where multiple accounts have commented on the evidence video.
Like multiple users. And then it can be like, who knows, if one of these is the person who got the ban for this video.
Well. only 3 ppl are able to share the report vid, the admin accepting, the rule breaker, and me. And i never share vids to anyone, and i for sure trust the admins not to either, so its only the punished person, who shares it with his friends, and so this person might get another ban, because of his friends are swearing in the comments. Just think about it :D

By frustration, you can get punished because of a friend's wrong doings aswell...

Im going to add some examples of some i have had. The last example, the person that was banned, got another ban. Ive pixelated avatars, removed account names, and washed names of bad words away, from the pictures.

4UT4VYW.png

DUb2j19.png

76561197990194760.png

15 hours ago, valroy said:

lol thats funny, in one of my videos i received treats but i will that stay there. i usually dont report for swears, but seeing that i was banned for that now im doing it, so watch yourself if im close.

Nothing really to do with the post here but i already posted this.

Yea, got to admit that rule is kinda dumb..... I get why it's there though. Me personally, i'm more lenient with that rule, if someone swears once or twice whatever. But if someone just keeps swearing over and over then sure I'll report them. 

On 22/10/2016 at 0:54 AM, coldo121 said:

Pretty sure the Admins can't ban someone because of what they post on Youtube. TruckersMP and Youtube are not connected in any way shape or form and the TruckersMP rules do not apply to Youtube I think.

If not they should, the video is uploaded to provide evidence and if that person commenting is the same person then the ban should stand no matter which platform the video is uploaded to. The game doesn't have to be connected to YouTube, it is in relation to the game itself. Whether it is the same person remains to be seen, I haven't looked into it that's for the Admins.

^ They can ban people for what they post on YouTube, comments or a video, I've seen it happen. One guy uploaded a video of "idiots on the road" and he admitted on screen that he was purposely not allowing someone to pass him, he got banned for it. Plus, it's against the rules:

Bullying/Harrassment

• Leaving abusive comments on report videos and otherwise continually harrassing users.

So, i have a continuance of my last reply.
The guy that replied with "snitch" on the video, got another ban, because of that comment. So now he hit his 5th ban = a month.
What does the guy do now, he returns to the vid, and posts more comments. But somehow, he doesnt realize, that his next ban, is a perm. Like, why arent you more careful.. God...

Just, man up, stop saying anything, and admit youve done something wrong, live with the mistakes, and try to keep away from getting thrown out of the game :D

76561197990194760.png

Archived