Tons of Untrusted Certificates on this site only.

Miles!

Question

Over the last couple days, for some reason when I browse here I get bombarded with untrusted certificate requests. 

Some of them are obvious like peoples signatures for example, but others seem more random like dodgy holiday sites. 

It only happens when I browse on here, I can search all day long and nothing but the second I come on here it's like, every few pages I go on this pops up with a different server each time. 

Anyone else getting this?

This ones a bad example but it's fine, it's just steam signatures but there's just so many of them recently and it's not been like this before. 

f4631a909ec4a8d8f67fd1843f70d494.png

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

6 answers to this question

@Miles!

After checking the link which your antivirus shows there, I think I may have an answer to your issue.

TruckersMP runs their site over HTTPS, and here on the forum, people are free to include images and similar in their signatures. This is obvisoly going to lead to some unsecure HTTP resources being loaded via forum signatures.

However, what your antivirus seems to be doing is ignoring the fact that those are HTTP resources and not HTTPS resources. And not all sites have HTTPS yet. Like the one which is shown in your image. If you go to it on HTTPS you get a plesk landing page with a self signed certificate.

So this isnt a sign that everything on here is unsecure, its more a case with your antivirus checking the HTTPS version of the resource, when it is in fact loaded over HTTP. I would say the reason it does this is because the forum here is on HTTPS.

In some cases it might be a real warning, but if you ask me, its just a side effect of not all sites using HTTPS, even if they have their webserver configured to accept connections over HTTPS. The webserver loads a self signed certificate which obviosly is not going to be trusted as it cant be linked back to a trusted certificate authority.

Edited by TheUnknownNO
  • Upvote 1

Hello @Miles!

Do you have the same problem on other browsers? (Firefox, Opera etc..)

image.png.d32d72f20578079aac89efa9358ba6dc.png

Reporting Player                    Appeal Your Ban                    Feedback System                    Rules

As @Duffy Duck said

Try other Browsers that you might think of. I have not experienced this issue on any of my browsers and I have many securities up.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.