TruckersMP Map Megathread

Krashnz

11 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Why, kinda the whole point of the map, same with the search in game! 

Well I think everyone needs privacy. I have problems with that, because sometimes I just want to drive alone, but I can't, because people check me on the Map and teleport to me and never stop follow me. And these people says that "i checked you on ets2map". It is very annoying. Thats why I thinks that everyone need some privacy.

It would be looks like this: "Show my name on map" or "Players can search me on map" (enable/disable) as the "Display your bans on your profile and API"

• Upvote 3

Petrova

DC: Petrova#6591  |  VTC: Wolves™  |  My YT Channel  |  Languages what I speak: Hungarian, English, Russian

11 hours ago, Petrova said:

Well I think everyone needs privacy. I have problems with that, because sometimes I just want to drive alone, but I can't, because people check me on the Map and teleport to me and never stop follow me. And these people says that "i checked you on ets2map". It is very annoying. Thats why I thinks that everyone need some privacy.

It would be looks like this: "Show my name on map" or "Players can search me on map" (enable/disable) as the "Display your bans on your profile and API"

Post this in the new ideas section as I also would love to have the ability to have total control over my privacy:

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/552-new-suggestions/

Post there, @ me and I will support your idea :)

• Upvote 1

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

18 hours ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

Yeah but privacy also exists. People would sometimes would like to drive without strangers following wherever they go. There is an option to turn off rich precense, and the same should be for the real time map.

Can't stop them, its the way it is & no other game has such features that i know of! I get privacy because i also like it but the whole world has gone mad over it! IRL theres CCTV everywhere & your tracked virtually everywhere you go...

• Confused 2

On 1/21/2019 at 2:29 AM, Petrova said:

In my opinion the "Search Player" option for the ETS2Map is only for check if a player is online or not, and check where they are. But using that feature to stalk / harass someone is NOT what it was meant to be used for.

In the rules it clearly reads:

"§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse

Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes."

My point is: Since ETS2Map is a TruckersMP service, misusing the ETS2Map's search option should be added to this thread and in the future it should be punished.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2019 at 8:56 PM, ScaniaFan89 said:

Can't stop them, its the way it is & no other game has such features that i know of! I get privacy because i also like it but the whole world has gone mad over it! IRL theres CCTV everywhere & your tracked virtually everywhere you go...

Yeah, but this is a game. And if you are popular in a game (such as Darwen, or Tony747) you get people who constantly want to drive with you. And so, they abuse the realtime map and follow your entire life until you log off. These things don't happen in real life (at least not as much), you don't start following someone you like without consent, because that's creepy and makes you look like a stalker. I understand that the realtime map can be useful to find friends easier, but i still think i a privacy option should be added so you have a much less chance for people to follow you (or friends) around without knowing it and/or without permissions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, Guest ØuskilleЯ said:

Yeah, but this is a game. And if you are popular in a game (such as Darwen, or Tony747) you get people who constantly want to drive with you. And so, they abuse the realtime map and follow your entire life until you log off. These things don't happen in real life (at least not as much), you don't start following someone you like without consent, because that's creepy and makes you look like a stalker. I understand that the realtime map can be useful to find friends easier, but i still think i a privacy option should be added so you have a much less chance for people to follow you (or friends) around without knowing it and/or without permissions.

Tony747 only has himself to blame for that, people target him just to get into his videos & his driving isn't much to be desired ( i swear he causes accidents to get views ). Used to be funny but now its as if he goes out of his way to get into situations just for views i.e he drives head on at people that are overtaking rather than say slow down or purposefully drives into accidents when he could slow down, " oh look a pileup, must speed up & hit it so i get views! " 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

^^

I think that "idiots on the road" videos promote a very wrong picture of what TruckersMP is all about.
These kind of videos give the idea of a multiplayer that mainly contains reckless players and trolls and consequently attract the like.
But as most of us know, that is actually only true for a very tiny area of the map, namely the infamous road between Duisburg and Calais.
I agree that some incidents in these videos seem to be provoked, likely to increase the number of views and likes, which apparently is more important nowadays than anything else...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, buksee said:

In my opinion the "Search Player" option for the ETS2Map is only for check if a player is online or not, and check where they are. But using that feature to stalk / harass someone is NOT what it was meant to be used for.

In the rules it clearly reads:

"§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse

Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes."

My point is: Since ETS2Map is a TruckersMP service, misusing the ETS2Map's search option should be added to this thread and in the future it should be punished.

Last evening i had trolls abusing the ets2map, i was standing infront a traffic light waiting, when 2 people came at me en boxed me in, eventually  i could escape but the trolls keep tracking me.

i just stopped playing etsmp for a while and continue later on and haven't seen them anymore, maybe it is something to look at having an privacy option.

• 1 month later...
  • DevOps

7drHiqr.gif

It's been a while... over 3 years to be exact since the last map update, but now it's finally here.

Release notes (v2019.10.1):

- ETS2 updated to include all current DLC

- ATS added with all current DLC

- Removed block on iframes

- Slight UI tweaks

We have more updates coming in the near future so keep an eye out (I promise it won't be another 3 years...)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • HaulieLove 3

ETS2MapKrashnzTruckersMP Traffic 

• 3 weeks later...
  • DevOps

As you may have already noticed ETS2Map has been updated to support ProMods!
Only country & cities names are in the POI section at the moment, but I will be adding all the icons (service stations, garages, companies, etc.) to the map at a later date.

Release notes (v2019.10.3):

- Support for ProMods

ETS2Map is also turning 5 years old this week.
Kat_pw tweeted out an old proof of concept version of the map, go check that out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ETS2MapKrashnzTruckersMP Traffic 

• 2 months later...