TruckersMP Map Megathread

Krashnz

I cannot see any vehicles and I cannot change the color of city names etc, which is a dealbreaker because I prefer the background as black.

I am getting this from the console:

map.js:1571 GET https://tracker.ets2map.com/v2/2/-21096/-8993/3298 request @ map.js:1571getTruckData @ map.js:1416run @ map.js:1059(anonymous function) @ VM893:1
(index):1 XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://tracker.ets2map.com/v2/2/-21096/-8993/3298. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://ets2map.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 502.

Whether it's important is bewildering me.

Following the link gives me a CloudFlare 504, so I guess it's entirely your end and will probably be resolved soon.

GG, It was fun.

• Like 2

• DevOps
On 10/17/2016 at 8:09 AM, SharpOB said:

I cannot see any vehicles and I cannot change the color of city names etc, which is a dealbreaker because I prefer the background as black.

I've re-enabled changing the color of player, city and country names. I had them disabled when I was porting over to the new style but they are back now!

We were having some issues with the backend which is why you were getting those 504 errors.

14 hours ago, MindlessGonzo said:

How come there's no map for ATS. I see trucks but no roads or cities.

We are waiting for the ATS rescale before we touch ATS. It requires a lot of effort to create the map and we don't want to waste our time to have to redo it all again.

We have also fixed the /follow URL in case you didn't know that was broken ;)

One thing we have introduced in this update is player profiles. When you click on a truck the user details tab will pop up in the sidebar and display this:

fltnkGG.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ETS2MapKrashnzTruckersMP Traffic 

@Krashnz & @Kat_pw Fantastic work done here, really love how much smoother and cleaner it looks. So first off a real big thank you, especially from myself (and the Truckers.FM) team who use it on a regular basis, it really is a welcome sight!

Would love to know, if possible (something to think about obviously as a suggestion) if there would be a way for the site to read the information incoming from the server, to then filter down which areas are busiest, so we can have a little information bar which would automatically say 'This Area/Eurooport is busiest with xxx amount of players'

I know its more a feature that would help our traffic reports more, and not necessarily something the average user might want or something we might not need (cause visually we can see that), but anyhow.. something that popped into my head.

other than that, thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:08 PM, SgtBreadStick said:

Umm the map is not showing players again and sometimes if there are too many players the page is unresponsive but that might be me.

That's an error caused by them, I had the same issue and did a bit of digging.

The unresponsive part is probably you. If you have a spare laptop, I'd recommend running ets2map off of it.

• 2 weeks later...