Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Volvo FH12 limited to 155km/h???

Afrousel

Was driving Volvo FH12 with my friend on motorway without trailer, normal speed limit is 175km/h but we were going maximum 155km/h. (We normally drive over 170km/h all the time no problem) We both had top engine (750hp) and top transmission with 4x2 chassis. Tried other transmission, chassis and engines didn't change anything. Is this client or multiplayer mod based? 

10 minutes ago, CentralProcessingCat said:

If you have damage on your truck that can cause you go to slower. So if you had 30% damage on your truck you would probably go a lot slower than without damage.

Sorry I forgot to mention we both had 0% damage. I'm aware that the more your truck is damaged, the slower it accelerates and the lower the top speed is. Also please can you change the title to Volvo FH 2012 limited to 155kmh? I put FH12 by accident

Factors like the weight of the load (if you was doing a job), engine, game settings, damages done (I know you said you didn't have damage but as it was also stated, it will affect the vehicle) can affect speed. However for safety reasons it's best you let it be. You really don't wanna be taking a turn too fast and turn over or crash.

76561198060561409.png

CAN I REITERATE THAT OUR VOLVO FH 2012'S WERE TOP CONFIGURATION WITHOUT TRAILERS, WITHOUT SPEED LIMITERS ENABLED, ON THE MOTORWAY! It is clearly another factor affecting it because when I switch to my top configuration Scania I can surpass 170km/h with ease (same scenario). So please, do read my post next time!

^Well...there's no need of it / tl;dr version the 700+ hp engines start to struggle to go over 155 on flat, even the old FH. Anyawy, depending on your cargo weight, you can go to 180 on some places

Since few updates, the game physics got updates, so the game became more of a simulation than arcade. Since then truck's physics got reworked and going over 140kph on flat ground is harder than it used to be (in some trucks e.g. Renault Premium or the DAFs its probably impossible on flat).

Anyway, Currently there are only few trucks that can reliably reach and pass the 160kph mark. Usually these trucks have around 700hp engines.

A couple updates ago Volvo FH16 2012's engines (at least 750hp one) got RPM limit to 2000 RPM IIRC. "Old" FH16 engines doesn't have limiter, so you either have to switch to older model, or edit save to get yourself not limited engine.

Find this line of your truck (if you have a couple of volvos there gonna be a couple of these lines, so either change them all, or make sure you're editing the right one)

data_path: "/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16_2012/engine/d16g750.sii"

And delete "_2012" so it looks like that:

data_path: "/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/engine/d16g750.sii"

Enjoy your speeding and be careful.

EDIT:

version the 700+ hp engines start to struggle to go over 155 on flat, even the old FH. Anyawy, depending on your cargo weight, you can go to 180 on some places

I have no problem of hitting 155+ km/h with ~10t trailers either on flat or on slightly ups and downs.

Smooth shiftin brothers

They limited the revs a while back :( 

jarfull.png         

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived