[SCS Blog] The lights of Paris are on the horizon

SCS Blog

Our map design team has put huge effort into the new region of the game universe. We have lots of highly detailed places in the countryside that make the world interesting to drive through. We are doing our best to try to show France as it really is through the eyes of a truck driver. We hope that you will enjoy driving through "our" France as much as we do creating it.

001.jpg   mapka.jpg

We are mostly finished now with the new areas that we are building for DLC Vive la France! Our attention is now also focusing on re-touching some parts of the "old" of France that were already present in the base Euro Truck Simulator 2 game. At this stage of the project, there are still many weeks of work ahead of us - putting in finishing touches, testing everything thoroughly and making sure any problems we find are addressed, optimizing performance of critical spots, balancing the economy.

Lights of Paris
One of the decisions we made at the start of work on the new DLC was to concentrate on the "old" Paris in addition to building the new cities and roads. We have rebuilt whole new city from scratch, there is nothing left from the old version. We are serving a taste of the "new" Paris for you today. Welcome to Paris!

The city of Paris has been included in the base Euro Truck Simulator 2 game, together with partial map of France, ever since the game was released. But we felt that it deserves major improvement. This content, after undergoing the quality upgrade, of course remains available for all ETS2 players including those who do not plan to obtain the DLC Vive la France!

003.jpg   002.jpg

Francilienne and Périph
The most important element of the Paris transport structure are ring roads around and inside of Paris area. We focused mostly on the outside ring Francilienne and Boulevard Périphérique aka "Périph". Heavy goods vehicle traffic is being conducted for thoses bypasses and the inner Paris area does not intervene. Most important part of our work was to demonstrate the real feel of those city areas.

005.jpg   007.jpg

In addition to the road network we have built the tunnels which are integral part of Périph. The same applies for typical junctions that we built anew. For the rebuilding of Paris, we created a large and unique building asets that are all based on real landmarks. You will discover many of those unique locations on your way through Paris.

006.jpg   004.jpg

Smoothly running economy
An important part of each new town is its economy. We have built economic infrastructure, and you can look forward to new companies such as the airport or car factory and others. As a result, it was necessary to balance everything so that our new work is compatible with the global economy of the entire game.

009.jpg   008.jpg
q2sjNZD9V2w

View the full article

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

58 minutes ago, SCS Blog said:

The city of Paris has been included in the base Euro Truck Simulator 2 game, together with partial map of France, ever since the game was released. But we felt that it deserves major improvement. This content, after undergoing the quality upgrade, of course remains available for all ETS2 players including those who do not plan to obtain the DLC Vive la France!

But what about UK too!!! UK is so old :( 

Cooper's Freightmaster
In Game Administrator

Will this create any clashes though with people not running the DLC because it;s not like different areas like Scandinavia which is not in the base game?

Looks gorgeous though

Looks great, I do hope though that all those tollbooths have the equivalent of an autopass feature. I hate having to stop every 2 minutes to pay toll.

Looks brilliant :D Great that the Paris update will be for everyone :D Plan on getting this DLC too and really hope it will be MP supported as I really only play MP. 

I'd rather they added Ireland rather then updating the UK or anywhere else :P UK may be old but at least its in ETS2, - Ireland isn't :( 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

23 hours ago, Iron Spirit [NL] said:

Looks great, I do hope though that all those tollbooths have the equivalent of an autopass feature. I hate having to stop every 2 minutes to pay toll.

France doesn't have those autopass feature on toll booths. They did mention once that they would test such system, but i haven't seen such booth yet.

Promods all ready has France and by the way that all of ETS2 looks similar,I wont hold my breath for any out standing features.

We need more detail,road signs,car crashes,fires,pedestrians crossing zebra crossings.... ETC.

A revamped UK with more towns,Ireland

Give an option for better graphics using Directx12

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Oooooooh looks good :D

Truckers.FM Station Manager and Presenter

16930580_1843345192593150_1506299823_o - Copy.jpg

On 8/10/2016 at 11:03 PM, xhavefunx said:

France doesn't have those autopass feature on toll booths. They did mention once that they would test such system, but i haven't seen such booth yet.

"Autopass" is in Norway, "liber-t" is in France, Telepass in Italy. I don't know how it's called in poland

Archived