How to Overtake Properly Ingame TruckersMP

immortal766

Overtaking

(Author: VavelOnline)

This is a very simple how-to guide on how to overtake (and be overtaken) properly. The first thing you should be aware of is DESYNC. Basically, what you see on your screen is not always what the other players are seeing. This might cause (unintentional) ramming in many situations. To counter that effect, here's some practical information that you should always follow.

When overtaking

Start your overtaking maneuver when you are at least 60m from the truck in front of you (you can always check the distances using the TAB key).

Stay in line

When you checked that the other driver is 100m behind you, you can start merging back.

Alternatively, if you see the other driver turn its lights on, or hear him honk 2 short times, it means that you can merge back safely from his point of view, even if you're not 100m ahead. In that case, it's nice to thank him using the left-right-left-right blinker signal. Note that high beams would normally be used IRL, but cannot be seen for now in the MP game.

When being overtaken

Stay in line

If you're riding at 90 km/h, it is nice to slow down a little so the other driver has a chance to overtake you.

When there's enough distance between you and the overtaker (60m should be enough), turn your lights on (or honk 2 short times if it's night time and your lights are already turned on) to signal that he can merge back safely.

Let's hope everybody follow these rules, and the road will be a lot safer.

There has been an increase on number of players causing a lot of accidents due to inappropriate overtaking especially on the country roads between Calais and Duisburg

I happened to overtake a decent driver called Brock and decided to make a clip of it to create awareness within the community of how to overtake properly.

Please feel free to post your own videos on this thread of a proper overtaking manoeuvre  you made in game

Useful video, 2 points to add though: 

1) Movie maker rly? And the video needs cropping. 

2) It seemed as if you pulled in rather close on the video. Not gonna lie - if both yours and/ or Brock's connections weren't stable, there could've been a desync collision. 

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Just pointing some things out, keep those in mind, they are useful, especially for slower trucks, Renaults, DAFs and Mercedes or any other truck with a small engine.

Keep the TAB always open when overtaking, sometimes you can't see 600/700 meters aways if there's a truck coming and that can help you make a clean and safe overtake. If you have a slower truck be sure to know when to make the overtake, so keep more distance and start gaining some speed when the point where you're supposed to make the overtake is near (a straight road for example) so that you can make your overtake faster, instead of doing an acceleration from 80+ km/h (hence making the overtake slower), it's not ideal for a truck. Sometimes you can do it without TAB but it's better to use it.

If you use real automatic, I'd suggest setting the sequential during the overtake, a shift up from 11th to 12th can (and will) slow down the acceleration of your truck while going from 90/95 km/h to 110km/h in 11th won't be a big problem for your truck.

If you have a trailer heavier than 18/20 tons and you want to overtake someone who is doing 80/90 km/h, don't even try, unless the road you're driving is very long (Esbjerg one, Polish roads, ...low trafficated areas) because your little slow truck won't make it because another truck or a fast Scout will probally come up in your near player list.

If someone appears in your list and is coming towards you, brake and throw yourself in the grass, don't expect anyone to slow down, some people are more likely to speed up.

Some examples of correct overtaking at least for my point of view. (obviously my clips)

How not to (without speeding up)

And this is how the "perfect" overtake should be in my opinion.

Hello,

This is a very useful thread.

I would like to add the following information to a successful overtaking manoeuvre.

If the vehicle that has been overtaken signals (with lights or horn) that it is save for the overtaking vehicle to go back to the driving lane, it is not uncommon to say "thank you" by using the left-right-left blinker sequence.

Furthermore (though off-topic), I would like to point to this article about CB terminology (10-Codes) and Truckers slang that might a useful addition to the CB radio.

http://www.truckercountry.com/trucker-resources/cb-terminology/

~ Joao

Simple.

Before initiating your turn look first at your side mirror or mid mirror. and then use your Turn signal

if it's safe initiate your overtaking. then after you pass the guy you're overtaking. make sure make some distance. because not what you see is what he see in his screen.

"Desync"

then if you think you have good distance then go back to your lane :)

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

On 9/20/2016 at 9:57 PM, immortal766 said:

Overtaking

They will not listen,and what about the trucks that you go to overtake,that do not want to be over taken? They block you from over taking by looking in there mirrors to stop the pass.

MP have loads of members with different attitudes in what ETS2 means to them,speeding deliveries,trolls,chilled out guys who want the enjoyment of driving,children who love driving around with there friends,flipping there cars,ETC.

Put them all together on on one server = Mayhem :D But that's the fun of MP,you have to be alert to any possibility.

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived