Failed to read my steering wheel keybinds.

RAWAY

Question

I've been playing my account for American Truck Sim (MP) a while with my steering wheel and pedals connected as always, and for some reason i log on and it's failing to find my steering wheel buttons. Turning left and right, and my pedals are fine, even the engine start on my steering wheel is fine, but when i look in the keybinds settings, it shows the rest as 'missing'.ats1.png

I tested and created another profile, and all the keybinds were found and it all works fine, until i switch back to my main profile, so it's obviously bugged out on my main profile. But i really can't and don't want to start from fresh again. 

If you could show me how, or fix this, that would be much appreciated :)

I love streaming your game.

~ Rawrr Tigerr

5 answers to this question

Hello!

I've had this same problem with Xbox One controller. My workaround was this:

In the controller settings I have "Xinput" option for my gamepad. If you have it for your steering wheel, try switching to it and then try binding the options to wheel's buttons. Afterwards change it from Xinput to the default, because using the Xinput option might make a difference for steering sensitivity.

9njCGTX.png

Translation:

Ohjaimet = Controllers

Näppäimistö = Keyboard

+ Ei mitään = + Nothing

Ohjaimen alatyyppi = Controller sub-type

Etc.

Ready to go!

3 hours ago, Spirit_Wolf said:

Couple fixes that may work

1) On your wheel is there a switch to change type of game play? etc... PC and PS4/3? make sure that is on PC
2) Try in controller settings to re add your wheel.

3) Try to re assign those keys to another button and see if it helps.

2 hours ago, TruckBro said:

Hello!

I've had this same problem with Xbox One controller. My workaround was this:

In the controller settings I have "Xinput" option for my gamepad. If you have it for your steering wheel, try switching to it and then try binding the options to wheel's buttons. Afterwards change it from Xinput to the default, because using the Xinput option might make a difference for steering sensitivity.

9njCGTX.png

Translation:

Ohjaimet = Controllers

Näppäimistö = Keyboard

+ Ei mitään = + Nothing

Ohjaimen alatyyppi = Controller sub-type

Etc.

Hey! Thank you so much for the replies, @Spirit_Wolf i did try those things first, but they didn't seem to work sadly, @TruckBro that worked for me when i chose my steering wheel + xinput option, though when i did what you said to remove it afterwards it still showed the keybinds missing. I tested it out and the steering was fine, so i'll just leave it all as that (the following picture) as that is working fine :) Thanks guys!

ats1.png