Minimum Speed

ESS5

^yeah, taking a risk with an unsafe overtaking, that's what's wrong :P

If you gain on a slower vehicle, it's the one that overtakes that got to make sure it's safe to do so. That doesn't meen that the one being overtaken shouldn't help a bit though ( i usualy flash my blinkers to signal it's safe, thogh most have allready started to overtake by then ;), or to show that i see them overtaking.  If i flash into you're lane, you might consider holding the overtaking a bit, because there's probably inncoming traffic ( or we're closing in on an intersection where i'm going to turn....)  )

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I would call it 50/50 fault if :

1. the person being overtaken suddenly going faster making it harder for other driver to overtake him

2. the one that being overtaken didnt stay on his lane.

accident related to overtaking mostly happen because the driver dont know how to overtake correctly.

blaming the slow moving truck is just weird. should admin ban anyone that follow the 48~60kmh speed limit because they follow rules?

On 7/9/2016 at 7:22 PM, ESS5 said:

i have new hobby, that is driving slowly around 55-60 km/h on 320hp mercedes actros with 20t cargo while listening to radio.

now i want to drive even slower. but i dont want to get reported/kicked/banned for "Blocking".

so come up the question : what is the minimum speed allowed in game?

most country have minimum speed of 30~40 km/h. but not sure if that will work in game.

nvm, driving at 80km/h have the same result

Usually in highways minimum speed is 80km/h. Going too slow on roads (much slower than the limit) could even result in a fine for obstructing traffic (talking about real life obviously).

In MP it wouldn't be a big deal for me (empty roads almost everywhere so easy overtakes), but if you're going at a very low speed in a busy road (Calais-Koln for example) and you have a huge line of trucks behind you I'd consider that as blocking.

On 8.9.2016 at 5:42 PM, sgpch1983 said:

thats the other problem noraf, most players here dont understand the signal we are giving.. thay dont know the trucker light language.

I purposely ignore people who think that it is a good idea to flash one from behind to signal their overtake.

They just should do it....at least i see them usually in my side mirror and know that they are overtaking me.....so no need to do not needed stuff.

Besides....if you do that in real life while it is bright day out there, how high would be the chances to see the flashing from behind in the mirror?

On 8.9.2016 at 8:05 PM, marco6158 said:

Usually in highways minimum speed is 80km/h. Going too slow on roads (much slower than the limit) could even result in a fine for obstructing traffic (talking about real life obviously).

In MP it wouldn't be a big deal for me (empty roads almost everywhere so easy overtakes), but if you're going at a very low speed in a busy road (Calais-Koln for example) and you have a huge line of trucks behind you I'd consider that as blocking.

At least here it is allowed to use highways if you vehicle can drive faster than 60 km/h...which does not mean that you should drive that but it would not be not allowed if the traffic would not get disturbed by it.

If they have a minimum Speed limit at certain areas, there are usually the traffic signs there which tell you that.

1 hour ago, Wolfpig said:

I purposely ignore people who think that it is a good idea to flash one from behind to signal their overtake.

They just should do it....at least i see them usually in my side mirror and know that they are overtaking me.....so no need to do not needed stuff.

Besides....if you do that in real life while it is bright day out there, how high would be the chances to see the flashing from behind in the mirror?

Thats not what i mean by trucker language!

sysp-73354.png

On 8/9/2016 at 8:05 PM, marco6158 said:

if you're going at a very low speed in a busy road (Calais-Koln for example) and you have a huge line of trucks behind you I'd consider that as blocking.

Seriously?? So, if I'm doing 60 Km/h on a 60 Km/h limited road and people, for whatever reasons, decide to tail instead of overtake, I can be kicked/banned for blocking?? That doesn't make sense. If I were doing anything to avoid being overtaken, of course I should be banned, but if I'm keeping my truck on the lane, leaving the other for overtaking, it's up to the people behind to break the laws, overspeed and overtake, or keep driving behind my truck obeying the road rules...  How can it be blocking when everyone is moving at the maximum allowed speed?

17 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

Seriously?? So, if I'm doing 60 Km/h on a 60 Km/h limited road and people, for whatever reasons, decide to tail instead of overtake, I can be kicked/banned for blocking?? That doesn't make sense. If I were doing anything to avoid being overtaken, of course I should be banned, but if I'm keeping my truck on the lane, leaving the other for overtaking, it's up to the people behind to break the laws, overspeed and overtake, or keep driving behind my truck obeying the road rules...  How can it be blocking when everyone is moving at the maximum allowed speed?

"Very low speed" isn't going to the limit allowed by law. I'm talking about going 20/30 km/h without a reason.

^^ That IS going very low, even to my standards. When I have to stop on the emergency lane or on the grass, when I start merging in I always drive with emergency lights (and keep eyes on the rear view mirror to go out in case someone is coming) until I have enough speed. Thanks for clearing it out, I like to drive by the speed limits and wouldn't want to have problems for going 60 or 70.

@Wolfpig : what i ment, is that if i see someone overtaking me on a contry road, i flash my blinkers right, to show that i see them, and it's clear to overtake,  if i see it's not safe, i'll flash them left.

(and the oposite in the uk obviously)

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

30 minutes ago, Lt.Hopps said:

I flash my hazards to show them it's safe to pass, and tap my brakes a few times to say it's not safe to pass. People don't really pay attention and try to pass either way though.-_-

I used to use my blinkers but people pay a lot less attention to that, than an entire trucks hazards flashing for some reason.

Well I don'y know that. Frankly speaking not everyone understand what that means. And seriously there are some people who love to go very slowly on purpose when they know someone is behind them and it is not safe to overtake as they are incoming traffic 

On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Wolfpig said:

And i have no idea what you meant with that either....so we should be on the same page....;)

Besides, i only posted that as i encounter often enough (when i play every now & then) people who do the said thing.

Flashing to overtake is a recommended action in the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived