Euro Truck Simulator 2-Double Trailer Test Drive

konfig0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is sounds good in theory like almost all additional bonus stuff but in mp not going to end well.

Honestly this mod is not for mp it will create a mess.On the 2.server is ok but on the realistic server a big no no.

Speedlimiter reduced "accidents" on the roads but this will bring back double of those "accidents" and the current admin team can't deal with the report numbers even right now.

There aren't any double long trailer in real life, the longest ones are 25.25m and youll find them in Scandinavia, that's half a tandem (Box truck) and a long trailer attached

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

• 2 months later...

There is a double trailer mod where you can have two trailers and a smaller one (forgotten the name of it, Gigaliner something i guess) wich i am using. Not the box on truck + trailer version.

Hate to bring reality to you Butterkhan, but there is NO TRUE double trailer mods in ETS2 yet, yes people have made mods like yours but only ONE pivot point works, the other is FIXED, ( does not move), making them no different to a standard trailer to back. End of story!

I know that Gigaliner mod, and I dont mean to be rude but that mod is really unrealistic and a lot more easier to use than the double trailer mod MP team is using. Gigaliner mod has only two pivot points (unrealistic) while Mp teams mod has 3 pivot points (realistic). That 1 pivot point makes all the difference. Just watch videos of both mods and you can see. 

Sorry Max, but you are also wrong, you stated that two pivot points was unrealistic, Actually, it is just as realistic as one, three or even more pivot points, Giga liners have two in real life, and if you google B-Doubles and Road trains you will see that here in Australia we have 2 pivot points in our B-Doubles, and Many more with our road trains, in fact upto 11 or more pivot points, I should know, I drive B-doubles and Road Trains IRL. in case you need some help here is a link: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=B-doubles+and+Road+Trains&rlz=1C1GIWA_enAU623AU623&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=911&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kS0RVdHWO4ei8QXixICADw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Sorry dont mean to come across rude, but it really rubs me up the wall when people make comments on something they clearly dont know about.

Edit: Fixed some Typo's

There aren't any double long trailer in real life, the longest ones are 25.25m and youll find them in Scandinavia, that's half a tandem (Box truck) and a long trailer attached

They are testing trucks like that in Finland.

34m and 90t

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_9JK2XWUAAPkmr.jpg:large

31m and 94t

http://www.upm.com/FI/MEDIA/Uutiset/Documents/Orpe_suuren%20hy%C3%B6tykuorman%20kokeiluyhdistelm%C3%A4_54627_2.jpg

33m and 80/90t

http://img.yle.fi/uutiset/kymenlaakso/article6944234.ece/ALTERNATES/w960/j%C3%A4ttirekka_Ekorekka_rekka_ajoneuvoyhdistelm%C3%A4.jpg

The second and third look about like the mp-implementation. But the second trailer in pic one is a bit short, isn't it?

Still can't wait for it to drive

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Unfortunatly I missed this comment last night, and Aurora, your are also incorrect, they exist here in Australia and as pointed out in the above post by "mpl" they even exist in Europe, I read a story almost a year ago about tests in other parts of Europe along with Finland.

My advice to everyone is, Before you comment on multiple trailer combinations such as doubles etc, make sure you use GOOGLE FIRST, and always check Australia, cause chances are if someone has thought of it, we have it.

Now as for "double long trailers in real life", yes we have em up to 36.5 meters long or 119 feet, again here is a couple of images and a diagram showing both "Double Road Trains" or "Double Trailers" and "Triple Road Trains" or "Triple Trailers" with their maximum lengths.

wxVyRMD.jpgFirst image has 2 x 45ft trailers,

NzW31FO.jpgSecond image has 2 x 40ft trailers

rRAIHTJ.jpg

Making comments about stuff that you are not fully aware of is only going to result in 2 things,

1, It is almost certain that it will create an argument that is not needed.

2, and it only makes you look stupid, and nobody wants that, that is unless they really are, :P lol

Edit: had to add this also, it is one of our newer combinations called a "Super Double" and in most cases They have Quad axles on both trailers to better help carry the extreme weights of up to 109 Tonne Gross, while some are set up with Quad axles on the A-Trailer and Tri axles on the on B-Trailer and measure up to 30 metres long, The A-Trailer/ Lead trailer has a turn-table/ 5th wheel mounted over the rear 2 axles for the rear trailer to connect onto, and is 48ft long while the B-Trailer/Rear Trailer is 40ft long. 

lN7t9l7.jpg 1wVR7Eh.jpg

They are testing trucks like that in Finland.

and Aurora, your are also incorrect, they exist here in Australia and as pointed out in the above post by "mpl" they even exist in Europe, I read a story almost a year ago about tests in other parts of Europe along with Finland.

There's a Difference in Testing and Having. You can see 25.25m long trucks in Scandinavia, doesn't matter if Australia has longer, it's about Europe not any other continent. Until the people from Finland have finished testing their longer trucks, 25.25 are the longest ones you'll see on the European roads today.

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

There's a Difference in Testing and Having. You can see 25.25m long trucks in Scandinavia, doesn't matter if Australia has longer, it's about Europe not any other continent. Until the people from Finland have finished testing their longer trucks, 25.25 are the longest ones you'll see on the European roads today.

But thats not what you said in the OP, you said they did no exist in real life, you never stated in Europe, and btw, if they are testing them, they do exist and are on roads in Europe, how else do they test em? lol.

Edit: while typing this reply I remembered a video I had seen about 6 months ago of a log truck that was 30 meters long and had more than one trailer, so I went on the hunt and found it, correct me if I am wrong but Sweden is in Europe? yes?

Video Link: 

who cares if double trailers are implemented in real life or not, I just want to play them in ETS2 it looks like a nice change from the norm and whoever said ETS2 had to exactly replicate real life? It's a game not a dedicated simulator built by driving instructors to specific real life specifications.

Kalido.jpg

In The Netherlands the maximum length for double trailers (called LZV's) is also 25.25m.

full.jpg

Here you see one of our double city trailer configurations. The truck is a Volvo FM11 with 330hp.

We use these configurations (currently we have 25 I believe) primarily to transport tin and pallets.

But international transport with these configurations is not that easy. For instance both Germany and Belgium have a maximum combination length of 18.75m. However Denmark does allow 25.25m combination much like the other Scandinavian countries. While it would be much economical to use the LZV's, our drivers are prohibited to drive trough Germany and there are no ferries from The Netherlands to Sweden. So on these trips we need to dispatch two trucks that drive to Lubeck and take the ferry there. Same for Denmark, except Copenhagen. That is a trip to Malmo (Sweden) from Lubeck and in Malmo we make teh crossing to Denmark. It's faster than the ferry to Koge..

The LZV's are also called ECO combo's, but the only reason we deploy LZV's is simply because it's saves a hugh amount of money and resources. Two LZV's can move the same amount cargo as three regular truck-trailer combinations.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived