Print Screening...

Dunchin

Question

So I'm running Fraps, a recording program in case if I ever need to record a player caught doing bad things. However, with Fraps running and TruckersMP also running at the same time, the use of the Steam overlay is disabled, in which I can't use the overlay to take screenshots, etc.

Then Print Screen on the keyboard came up as an alternative way to take screenshots. I took one in-game, but I don't know where is that screenshot saved to.

The question is: Where are screenshots saved to if you pressed on the Print Screen button on the keyboard in-game? I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing.

6 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Digi7al said:

Can you not just use F12 to take a screenshot through Steam? Print screen only puts the screenshot in your clipboard, which means you need to paste it somewhere, like Microsoft Paint for example.

But here's the thing. If you read that I'm running Fraps, the Steam overlay would not be there, which explains why I can't take a screenshot. Without Fraps running, the Steam overlay will be there for me. I am sorry if you had to take it a bit harsh.

And as you may know, Fraps is an essential program for me to record someone doing something wrong and send a report on the website, only to find out that taking a screenshot is not worth doing.

Edited by Dodge Charger

23 minutes ago, Digi7al said:

No problem, I'm not familiar with Fraps that well. Could you take screenshots with Fraps instead? But yes, print screen just puts it in your clipboard. :)

Dang, I almost forgot that you can also take screenshots with Fraps, I did not know that! But I marked it as the best answer, all good here.

This thread can be locked up if unwanted spam comes.

Edited by Dodge Charger