Hi there,

I know when I was new it took me a while to get find this out so I hope this helps people...

------------------------------------------Key Bindings specific to multiplayer-----------------------------------------------

Open Chat = 'Y'

Toggle Chat = 'F9'

Toggle Name Tags = 'F11'

Show Nearby players list = 'Tab'

Push-to-Talk = 'V'  Changed to 'X' now if you have the most current version

*to use the mouse whilst the tab menu is open right click*

-----------------------------------------Using the Tab Menu---------------------------------------

To open or close just press the tab button.

When you open the tab menu you see a list of the players that are near by.

Along the bottom there is a cog, this is the setting button. You can click on here and it brings lots of options. 

For example here you can set your unique player tag and the colour of it. There is also lots of options that are specific to the Multiplayer function of the game. *Note Player Tags Remain across game sessions*

Any changes that are made on the settings menu must be completed by you clicking the apply button then the 'Ok' Button.

When setting a Player Tag you are not permitted to set it to something that implies you are a member of staff, e.g. Admin or Police etc. This may result in In-Game-Moderators taking action how they see fit.

The rules say:

Impersonating Administration - Ban

• It is forbidden to impersonate administration or act as law enforcement such as police. This includes tags, username, paintjobs, lights, etc that would indicate you are behaving as an administrator.

------------------------------Near by Players list--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the main feature on the Tab menu.

There is lots of information displayed on this page. 

From left to right the information is:

ID Number specific to that gaming session (it is assigned as the number of player from the slots available on the server)  |  The Player's Username  |  The players ping |  The Players distance from you  |

--------------------------------Functions on the Players list----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To open a players profile:

simply click on their name

You then have the option along the bottom of the window to either open their steam or truckers profile

To Report a player:

Click on their name

At the bottom a button labelled 'Report' appears.

Click it

Select the reason and submit it.

Reports must be legitimate and should not be made out of revenge. If the case is serious you may wish to take your own evidence.

The Rules Say:

Chat and Report Spamming - Kick / Ban

• Spamming the use of commands both to other users and commands as a whole or anything similar.

---------------------------------------------Using Voice Chat-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Multiplayer function allows players to communicate in-game using the voice chat function.

This works on a push to talk basis by pressing the 'V' key.

For the duration the key is pressed your voice is transmitted.

This will transmit your voice onto people who are on the same CB radio frequency as you and who are near by.

To change your radio frequency, in first person locate your radio stack. In trucks it is generally above your head, in cars it's on your dash board.

To change the frequency look enable your mouse by pressing 'Tab' then 'Right Clicking'

Click on the stack around the place where the largest knob is. It might take a few attempts. This will cycle through the available frequencies you can broadcast on.

As with the in-game test chat there is rules to follow. No spamming, use of profanity or playing of music. This may result in a ban by an in-game moderator.

------------------Using Text Chat---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To open the chat just press 'Y'

Then a chat window appears on the left of your screen.

Simply type and your message will be entered. 

Then Press 'Enter' to send your message.

This message is sent to anyone

Spamming in chat is against the game rules

To send a Private Message (PM)

Open the chat window as normal by pressing 'Y'.

then type '/pm' (don't input the inverted commas)   Then press 'space' and enter the ID code of the player you wish to PM. (The ID code is shown as the number above the players truck or the number on the left in the Tab Menu.) Then press space again and type your message. To send press 'Enter'

If you did this process wrong then a red message is displayed.

All Personal messages are in white.

Example of a personal message: /pm 1234 I learnt how to do this on TruckersMP Forum

Please remember that all chat messages must follow the rules set forward by the moderators, swearing at and insulting players is not tolerated, at any degree, and is a banable offence.

Taking from the rules: 

Profanity - Kick / Ban

• Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate or anything similar.

Insulting Users / Insulting Administration - Temporary / Permanent Ban

• Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate towards other users or administration or anything similar.

-------------------------------------------------------------Ending------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps all new users to get on their way towards integrating into the Multiplayer community much quicker and easier.

If you have any questions or require further help, please contact me and we will see if we can get the issue resolved.

Thank you,

Miles

For a full list of rules follow this link: http://truckersmp.com/en_US/rules

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Penguin said:

@shoval029 You shouldn't give that advice, even in jest.

A new player may just read your post very quickly, and then try it in game. It is always more benefitial to help new users, rather than cause them greif. This is a helpful guide for new users, let's try and help people, not put them off :)

I said that it makes the game crash I did not do it :) 

@Mileskingman Anyway posting great helping new players B)

Edited by subtlegta
Merged 2 posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Very informative guide. Great advice and very useful content. +1 rep :) Well done!

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand him :)

He is asking if you can shrink the width of the chat area to something like in Battlefield 4 etc where by it is only in the corner.

However, sadly I cannot answer the question. It's a good question to ask! If you can only have the chat area within a corner of the screen I'd sure like to know too :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...