auto kick when you dont have lights on past 8pm

chipmunk197

But the admins every single time it's night telling people to turn lights in but I see at least 20+ people who don't every night shift and when it's dark dark and no lights on you'll get rammed by people who can't see you coming (it's happen to me with someone with no lights on he got banned)

On 8/17/2016 at 10:08 PM, Trickle said:

@Tablecookie is right, that is my personal opinion and I am perfectly aware that it is unrealistic - as are many dreams of a better world ;-)

It's an issue that can be easily fixed by kicking players who do it 

iv reported people who do and most times they'll be banned but some admins say it's kick able but I put the report in again and they'll be banned 

so it's my suggestion to auto kick them and then problem solved and nobody will be banned or rammed by then with no lights on

15 minutes ago, Tablecookie said:

@chipmunk179 it is Not what I want cause I don't see why it is a problem really but you, this time, portrait yourself to say this is what you want. Good. Say what you believe. Point taken

So you want to drive around in the dark with no lights on and someone pulls out on you and you'll be banned for it 

i see it happen and there's lots of people doing it and it would save admin time too 

32 minutes ago, Tablecookie said:

@chipmunk179 I gave you a rep point. Do you know why?

It is because I do follow the rules (I was making a joke) but I do like to leave it to the individuals to judge what is right or not.  As you can see from my record, I don't do anything too bad.  You? 

i do have a little bit of history but i do follow the rules and stuff just when someone trolls me ill ram them back and i got recorded doing it so iv got a little but of history 

6 hours ago, Mirrland said:

Not gonna lie - seems like a bad idea, due to the fact that if someone wants to go afk and thus turns the engine off what happens then? -1

well set it up so if you're moving nub

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

8 minutes ago, Mr Panda said:

well set it up so if you're moving nub

I can't see why it's such a bad idea 

it saves people getting a ban and it saved admin time 

and it saves cost to other players when they get hit by someone ghosting 

the kick will only happen when the truck or car is moving wth no lights on so simple but people say its bad idea 

21 minutes ago, separnz said:

kicking if you've been warned isnt enough however 1-3 hours will teach them but then the demerit system may get annoying

Well I think a kick will be enough because you've got to go off the game then back on then you have 1 minute to turn on the lights before it happens again 

22 minutes ago, separnz said:

either way if you idea goes to the game they will decide

I hope it dose get coded into the game because it's needed to stop people from ghost ramming on unlit roads like what happened to me today and iv put a video up on this subject and I hope it's enough to get the mod devs to put it in

@chipmunk179 I think there are more important things than AutoKick with no lights. We can do without this supplement because they IGA who watch, write and remind of the power is turned on the lights, they say the ghost driving is illegal and kick players going without lights in the 19.00 - 7.00. :)
As for your film just send a report on these players along with recorded video;)

Although there might be higher priorities, obviously, I actually support this idea. I've lost count of how many times I've come across people without lights on at night. It's an actual hazard! More than once I almost had accidents because I couldn't see them. The headlights of any vehicles are not there simply to let the driver see his/her way, but also to let other drivers see them. When you are cruising in the dark it is very easy to not notice a nearby vehicle if it has no lights on.

By default, ETS2 and ATS gives the player a ticket if they drive for a certain distance without the headlights on past 7PM and before 7AM. I don't understand about programming but it can't be difficult to hook up a script to that function of the game so when the game detects the player is moving without the lights on for a while, the ticket triggers the script which then kicks them out of the server. Simple as that.

+1.

On 8/16/2016 at 10:25 PM, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

There are more important things then this to do but this could be a good thing but the one problem I see with it is what if someone is taking a rest/sleep at a rest stop or has engine failure etc Having an auto kick when you've no lights on past 8pm could be a problem in those situations

I don't know if someone already addressed this so if they did, ignore me. If not, then read on...

I think you misunderstood, David. It's not about simply having no lights on, but driving with no lights on. So the auto-kick idea is exclusively for those who are driving around without their headlights turned on. And that's a thing that the game itself already sort of addresses by itself by giving a infraction ticket for driving for a certain distance without lights on.

Edited by Mike Dragon
  • Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

6 hours ago, Mike Dragon said:

Although there might be higher priorities, obviously, I actually support this idea. I've lost count of how many times I've come across people without lights on at night. It's an actual hazard! More than once I almost had accidents because I couldn't see them. The headlights of any vehicles are not there simply to let the driver see his/her way, but also to let other drivers see them. When you are cruising in the dark it is very easy to not notice a nearby vehicle if it has no lights on.

By default, ETS2 and ATS gives the player a ticket if they drive for a certain distance without the headlights on past 7PM and before 7AM. I don't understand about programming but it can't be difficult to hook up a script to that function of the game so when the game detects the player is moving without the lights on for a while, the ticket triggers the script which then kicks them out of the server. Simple as that.

+1.

I don't know if someone already addressed this so if they did, ignore me. If not, then read on...

I think you misunderstood, David. It's not about simply having no lights on, but driving with no lights on. So the auto-kick idea is exclusively for those who are driving around without their headlights turned on. And that's a thing that the game itself already sort of addresses by itself by giving a infraction ticket for driving for a certain distance without lights on.

Even though you know what I'm saying I have to say 8pm is a better time because it dosnt really go dark till 9pm and sun comes up at half 5am so I think it should be 8pm till 6am then it's up to the players

but if they are like me iv got my parking lights on 24/7 coz that's how I learnt to drive and my lights are on between 5 and 6 till around 9am

On 8/16/2016 at 10:25 PM, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

There are more important things then this to do but this could be a good thing but the one problem I see with it is what if someone is taking a rest/sleep at a rest stop or has engine failure etc Having an auto kick when you've no lights on past 8pm could be a problem in those situations

I'd say the time is the least of the problems. 6, 7, 8, whatever. The point is driving without the lights on in the dark.

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.