auto kick when you dont have lights on past 8pm

chipmunk197

Suggestion Name: auto kick for no driving lights on lights on
Suggestion Description: the amount of people i see at night with no lights on or just the parking lights on when driving at night is a lot and i just thought of the auto kick for having no lights on past 8pm till 6 am

Any example images

Why should it be added?: people might put the lights on more often at night and stops the admin staff from telling people to put them on at night
Edited by chipmunk179
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TrademarkGamer said:

There are more important things on the list of things to do already but I do think it would be a good thing and lower the admins workload if it is possible

your right there probably is more important things but this one saves the time of typing out the notice everyday and the website reports and the in-game reports so thats why im suggesting it because i see at least 10 players everynight shift in game 

There are more important things then this to do but this could be a good thing but the one problem I see with it is what if someone is taking a rest/sleep at a rest stop or has engine failure etc Having an auto kick when you've no lights on past 8pm could be a problem in those situations

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

10 minutes ago, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

There are more important things then this to do but this could be a good thing but the one problem I see with it is what if someone is taking a rest/sleep at a rest stop or has engine failure etc Having an auto kick when you've no lights on past 8pm could be a problem in those situations

well then you have it like the auto kick from key-bored and when your parking you can have your driving lights on but when your engine is off its still on but having it like the 5 minute kick from been away from key bored then it would work and you have it only when your moving too then the parking wont be a problem 

You cannot simply just add a kick for no lights. What about players who have been rammed and their trucks turn off, who cannot just quickly F7 due to their PC speed? Also what about people who park up at a rest stop ande turn their truck off and go AFK? What about people turning their truck off to get fuel? Dont think it would work.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RhysH said:

You cannot simply just add a kick for no lights. What about players who have been rammed and their trucks turn off, who cannot just quickly F7 due to their PC speed? Also what about people who park up at a rest stop ande turn their truck off and go AFK? What about people turning their truck off to get fuel? Dont think it would work.

thats why i say have it like the auto kick for been away from your keybored for too long 

something like 2 minuts of moving with out lights on and youll get kicked 

10 hours ago, separnz said:

maybe warn after 3 minutes and at 5 minutes kick them

well a 1 min warning then if they are still moving with no light after the warning then theyll get kicked 

then no matter what their language theyll get the message of turning lights on when its dark

• Upvote 1

It's something that is needed to get people to realize that lights need to be on when driving around at night because clearly they are not taking notice of admins telling people to turn them on so something like auto kick for moving when they haven't got them on needs to be added to online then they will put them on and admins are free to do other stuff and not have trouble with people ghosting 

im going to back this idea up because it can work just need to add a bit more code to the game then sorted simple as that 

Edited by chipmunk179

10 minutes ago, chipmunk179 said:

thats why i say have it like the auto kick for been away from your keybored for too long 

something like 2 minuts of moving with out lights on and youll get kicked 

So if you want to fuel up, and then you go to the toilet also it would basically result in a kick? no +1 from me sorry i just dont think it would be fair for some people if they got kicked for no lights on while parked up going to the toilet ect. Even if it is moving.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RhysH said:

So if you want to fuel up, and then you go to the toilet also it would basically result in a kick? no +1 from me sorry i just dont think it would be fair for some people if they got kicked for no lights on while parked up going to the toilet ect. Even if it is moving.

Well in that case you'll not be moving and chances are that your lights would be on just engin turned off 

but what my idea is when your moving and lights are turned off or just parking lights then yes you'll be having a warning then kicked like you do then you are way from keyboard 

Just simply when your parked up then your fine nothing happens 

but then your moving you'll have a warning saying something like you have a minute to put your lights on or you'll be kicked by the system 

then people will have their lights on at night because I can log on now and wait till night time and easily fine 5 players with no lights on 

Terrible idea, big NO.

First, you forgot about the position of the sun here, as 8pm could be still a day in the northern region while late in the southern regions. Also, using the lights during these times is not always a rule, like in the North, where it's still pretty sunny there. Also, how do you want to implement this? How would you differentiate a parking truck from one standing at a red light? (Even if the engine is running) Also, think about the load on the network as well because of the amount of kicks and rejoining occurring, including trucks popping up in the middle of a road, just to name at least two reasons why it shouldn't be implemented.

Edited by norbert79
  • Upvote 1

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

Nope. 

This is an additional part of the game each drivers to do!

Rules are there to break if one wishes and it is the player's choice to take that risk or not- decision making.

If it was pure mistake, the person learn from his/her mistake or well, maybe its the way he/she play his game- free choice.

Let admin kick the player out if that is what they want- that is appropriate.

I think.

• Upvote 1

Lights have to be on from 7pm till 7am.  Admins give out said advice a few times before it's due to get dark so if anyone is still driving around with no lights running then they only have themselves to blame when they get kicked/banned.  Personally i don't like this idea as it's kinda pointless as we have things already in place to deal with those with no running lights during the hours i said before, and if an admin misses one offender then there's always the report system to all back on.

i cant see the big problem with this suggestion 

its something that is needed in ETS2 and its easy to put in its just like the parking for 10 mins youll be kicked but this is a little different to get players to turn on lights at night and you have from 8pm yo 6am youll be kicked when your moving with no lights on

so youve got 1 hour to put them on and youll get the system waning to say in the next minut youll be kicked if you dont put them on  i cant see why that is such a problem

• Upvote 1

^^ A 2 week, or permanent, ban as punishment for driving with no lights? :blink:

That seems a bit extreme.

• Upvote 1

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.