Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[SCS Blog] Cab Improvements

SCS Blog

Adjustable steering wheels are not the only in-cabin feature we are going to include in the upcoming update coming for ETS2 and ATS. We are also going to deliver two new features:

1) Interior camera zoom:
final_zoooooooom.gif

When inside the cabin, you will be able to do a quick zoom-in by holding the right mouse button. It may be useful while maneuvering, reading far off road signs, or when you would like to see all the info on the dashboard in more detail. Of course you can bind this functionality to any other key or button in the game's options.

2) Changing steering wheel:

ets2_steering_wheel_1.png  ets2_steering_wheel_2.png

Decoupling the steering wheel geometry from the rest of the cabin, which was needed for adjustable steering wheels, opened up the possibility to offer changeable steering wheels. Until now, steering wheels were a native part of interior model; the unfortunate consequence of this being that players could not replace a truck's standard wheel with alternate models. With the release of our upcoming update however, trucks which have more than one type of interior will also sport the option of choosing from two different steering wheels. Finally, some people using an external steering wheel feel that having two wheels in sight is a bit disingenuous: so we are going to add a new experimental console command that will allow you to hide the virtual steering wheel.
eB9CsKOZ_qk

View the full article

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

1 hour ago, Prime said:

Interchangeble steering wheels within model: ok, some more customisation

Interior camera zoom: wtf, why would you even need this

If you are driving with gps turned off you need to see all the signs by the road, some are small in ATS so this will be very useful, also you can check other players name in MP without using "tab"... GJ SCS I love it

1 hour ago, Prime said:

Interchangeble steering wheels within model: ok, some more customisation

Interior camera zoom: wtf, why would you even need this

From the Steam

"It may be useful while maneuvering, reading far off road signs, or when you would like to see all the info on the dashboard in more detail."

I could see how the zoom feature could be useful. Although i probably won't really use it.

I can also appreciate having an option on wheels. But what i really want is more map extensions.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

It's a nice thing, that SCS copied a feature from Arma 3, but this time with a good thinking behind it. I will find it actually useful, for example during recording... :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

• 2 weeks later...

It will take sometime to get used to the zoom thing while watching the crash and so you know whos fault it is or looking at sign while driving 

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

with trackir i've had the ability to zoom al along :P

But being able to remove the visible steering wheel incab sounds good.  And, ofcourse the option to customise it a bit aswell ;)

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived