Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ping...and no Pong

mr_mord

Question

I have no idea what the frick is going on.  

It seems that I can play on some servers (EU1 and US1) for long periods of time and be able to hold connection with no issues and no lag. However other times I can connect to the same servers and get kicked not even a minute in, or not connect at all for that matter, because of my ping. EU2 you wonder? I gave up on it practically because it repetedly kicks me for ping the second I try to log in.

Everything seemed to be fine for me until the website and servers were not connectable after the new year rolled in. 

Yes, I know, "check your internet and other shiz." I've been doing that all day and everything is perfect on my end. I'm getting a 33 ping (normal for me) and all my normal speeds.

I really need a fix for this somehow, please.

Thanks, 

~Mord

4 answers to this question

No, I definitely agree with Mr. Mord here, They [ETS2MP services] have been worse since crimbo/new year... for a couple of months now, It's taken me up to 10 minutes to get connected to EU2, and the moment it gets connected?

YOU WERE KICKED (HIGH AVERAGE PING (2000+MS))

This was earlier today when the server stats page was reporting 2 players on the server (me and a friend).

It's a shame, really, because I like to use EU2 to take new players and friends to help them learn to drive trucks and the rules of ETS2MP before joining the masses in EU1. It's quiet,

Only thing is, there's not a lot that can be done about it as far as I know. I know the services have been suffering with DDOS attacks recently (as in, the past few months), but there's owt all that can be done about that.. Just like there can't be anything done about the people who connect to the game just to block/ram/troll true players; or the prevention of such players joining.

I will be back in a couple of months. Maybe by then developers will decide to lower player cap to 2500, so that game is actually playable without lags.

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

This mod is still in alpha stage and there can be situations now and then when the servers are having some problems. EU2 has been working a little slow lately. For me it can take 5-10mins to connect even if the server is empty. During the holidays people have a lot more time on their hands and they play more. That is why EU1 has been getting overcrowded. Situation should get better when people get back to school.

"I really need a fix for this somehow, please." There is nothing you can do. Even if you lived right next to server and had amazing connection you would get lag and bad ping spikes.

Solved