Scania Rear Lights.

Hello.
Suggestion Name: Scania Rear Lights
Why should it be added?: Players that have DLC Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack if change Rear Scania Lights other Players so can't see Rear Lights and this is bad in night...
Suggestion Description: please do a work that other players haven't this DLC can see Lights.
Any example images: _
i can send Image if need.
Best Regards.
Edited by saeed kamali
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be changed. The reason this is is because players who don't have the Mighty Griffin DLC aren't able to see the accessories from that DLC, so if you change the rear lights, as you have said, players can't see them, which of a night, could be dangerous.

But then again. not many players drive around without a trailer, and the lights on the trailer still work? There's very few circumstances where players aren't with a trailer. Either to troll, or a bob-tailing back to another destination.

But overall, I agree that whatever can be done to prevent this should happen.

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

No, i think what he means is when people are changing the files to remove the rear bumper completely. I don't know whether not having the DLC could cause this but I know for sure that people are able to remove the rear bumper by editing the game saves.

I agree that this should not be allowed, I can see this causing many crashes and arguments that aren't needed.

AddFriend.png

^ He's talking about the DLC so I'm sure that he means the problem that non DLC owners don't see the rear bumbers. 

I really don't see a problem with replacing DLC bumpers with stock bumpers for players who don't own the DLC. I mean, it is pretty much the sane with paintjobs - instead of the DLC paintjob, it loads a standard color and I think this should be done for the Mighty Griffin DLC (and other truck accessory DLCs following in the future) as well.

^ I know what he is talking about after re-reading it, I was just stating that it can be removed in the truck files. But yes non-DLC owners should just have the stock one in place of the DLC bumpers, but I don't see how that would prevent people from removing them by editing the files.

Edited by Lukas_

AddFriend.png

Yes, my mean is for non dlc owners.

On 8/12/2016 at 8:47 PM, Zyder said:

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be changed. The reason this is is because players who don't have the Mighty Griffin DLC aren't able to see the accessories from that DLC, so if you change the rear lights, as you have said, players can't see them, which of a night, could be dangerous.

But then again. not many players drive around without a trailer, and the lights on the trailer still work? There's very few circumstances where players aren't with a trailer. Either to troll, or a bob-tailing back to another destination.

But overall, I agree that whatever can be done to prevent this should happen.

Regards.

Yes.

But if i think need do a work for can see ( for non DLC owners)

Example non DLC owner download all ets2 DLC in steam, but can't use , just for see another players....

What happened with the raven dlc was that people who don't have it would get a missing file error, the game would then fill up the raven wheels with default ones.

It looks like after the wheel tuning pack came out this functionality is no longer present for truck accessories.

On topic: I can see the possible danger when someone dosn't own the DLC and therefore can't see any rear lights, however, most players drive around with trailers on which you can see the lights so it looks to me like the issue would only appear for a small portion of trucks.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

• 2 years later...

Hey,

After careful consideration, we have decided to not implement this suggestion at the moment. We feel that this is not a priority at the moment and we also feel that there is not enough demand for this to be added.

I hope you take this decision on board. Feel free to suggest it in the later future but at the moment, it is a no. 

//Rejected