Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

gideon808

Hey all,

I am a newly active member to the forum but have been playing for my share of time online over the past 7sih months. I am looking to get an opinion of you all to see what you think about the amount of trolls on ATS and the seeming large spike in the quantity of them. It has driven me to the point of looking into recording all of my sessions and posting them on YouTube!!!

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, I couldn't find a thread for it. 

Happy Truckin' :)

gideon808

gideon808

You should definitely start recording and putting them on YouTube.

While your at it, make a Report with the video. (and Pinfo of course)

Back on topic, i haven't been on ATS in a while so i haven't noticed any rise in the number of trolls.

It may be because there are a small number of admins on the ATS servers.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

3 minutes ago, Cyrusj said:

You should definitely start recording and putting them on YouTube.

While your at it, make a Report with the video. (and Pinfo of course)

Back on topic, i haven't been on ATS in a while so i haven't noticed any rise in the number of trolls.

It may be because there are a small number of admins on the ATS servers.

I'm not the biggest tech wiz when it comes to recording so I am going to have to watch a few videos and make a few phone calls to get it done, but it is definitely going to happen! I'm just getting very tired of every time I log in being rammed by someone going way too fast around a turn or someone just blatantly ramming me because they fell like it. 

I'm not sure what the number of admins are, but it is something that I would love to one day help with! The main reason I became active in the forum is to hopefully one day become a moderator and maybe an IGA. All i want is to see this online experience be the best it can be and I feel like it is being sold short. Rant over lol

gideon808

gideon808

1 hour ago, krazymudkip said:

I don't really call 3 posts active.

Anyhow,

Just don't ask for Forum Mod or IGA, 

(insert quotes and why you shouldn't here)

Active compared to what I was. Everyone starts somewhere. :)

I don't plan on asking for anything, I want to earn it.

gideon808

hi gideon808 yes there are alot of trolls on the tmp servers but luckly we have a amazing staff team here to help all us users out there always able to help when they can your best bet if no admin is on is to record or even take screenshots if there just blocking and then type in game /pinfo id id is next to there name incase you dont know and then it will come up with there truckersmp id you then use that in the report on the website and post your evidence and follow everything it says there anyway i hope you are enjoying truckersmp like me hope to see you on the road sometime soon. Happy trucking 

Hi:

The first thing in order to become IGA, is been moderator. Here I leave you the last Moderation team recruitment, just to take a look.

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff    

Yes there are trolls although I'm not sure about a surge as I have moved to Europe #1 or Europe #3 where there are fewer of them. Having said that, record and report them as has been mentioned above and they'll be taken care of as quickly as possible by the staff.

On 8/7/2016 at 4:52 PM, gideon808 said:

Hey all,

I am a newly active member to the forum but have been playing for my share of time online over the past 7sih months. I am looking to get an opinion of you all to see what you think about the amount of trolls on ATS and the seeming large spike in the quantity of them. It has driven me to the point of looking into recording all of my sessions and posting them on YouTube!!!

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, I couldn't find a thread for it. 

gideon808

There is quite a few, usually at night though. Just report them, Admins have been pretty good about getting rid of them.

Respect your fellow truckers, and roll on!

76561198135522047.png

You should entirely record, I'm using OBS (Open broadcaster sofware) (its free). 1080/720 x264 outputs. (720P is a good ratio quality/size)

-Then in your Documents/ATSMP folder, you get the spawning log, find the offender TruckersMP ID (or /PINFO (player number) if you're quick enough in game).

-Then report on TruckersMP site, attached video link (Dropbox/Google Drive/Youtube) (Check permission "like everyone with link can view")

In-game reports get not much done Imho, they can always quick F7 back to service station or even log out...

Video otherwise is pretty effective, i'd suggest you cut the "unninteresting" parts and get a little reel before what happened so that your video is not 2 GB ;)

Back on the topic, Not more, not less, the usual I'd say.

Peak hours on EU is around UTC 19H

Peak hours on US is around UTC 24H 

Expect the more ppl, the more bad apples in the basket.

Also later = more drunks drivers ;)

Life pro tips : You get to spot them miles (meters) away... cluster, behavior, erratic driving...

- If you don't trust the other trucker, slow down and even stop : Let him pass, bore him to death, let him make even more mistakes...

- Binding a quicksave key (using F10) is a good backup plan : BE AWARE : it lags the game, so use only on the shoulder/proper parking, and prefferably in a No collision zone.

The less trolls on the roads, the safer/better experience everyone gets.

Admins get the jobs done very well with proper proofs.

Le_T3k...Thank you very much for the recommendation in recording software! I will definately have to look it and try it out. Does it also have any editing features post recording?

I was unaware that f10 was a quick save. I will definately have to utilize that in the future! 

gideon808

• Guest locked this topic
  • Subtle [HKG] unlocked this topic
On 8/9/2016 at 7:45 PM, gideon808 said:

Le_T3k...Thank you very much for the recommendation in recording software! I will definately have to look it and try it out. Does it also have any editing features post recording?

I was unaware that f10 was a quick save. I will definately have to utilize that in the future! 

I binded it to F10 :)

Editing, using AVS4free, not the best around, but get the job done in a fairly good time (exporting).

Happy trucking!

Trolls are everywhere. Way worst on ETS 2 (if you have played that). I haven't played in a bit. Might in a bit.

Anyways, as stated above, you should record your entire session for not only the evidence to back up your reports, but to post their fails and bad moments on youtube (and wherever else you want to share them to such as Google Plus, this forum, or even your steam).

What i use to record is Xsplit Broadcaster. It's not the best quality but it does record my entire session and the recording screens i have setup are still there so all i have to do is check and uncheck when needed. Another recorder i was about to start using as my main was Action! One of my steam friends i met on ATS gave me the download link and even a valid activation key. However, after one recording, i started getting problems with it. The last problem was that for some reason, the recording was "lagging". (lagging as in it would suddenly speed up, freeze, then skip ahead and repeat). The same problem also caused my recordings to be cut short before i told it to. And now the most recent problem i got is that on startup, Action! likes to make my screen flash (like doing screenshots) and log me out after like the 10th flash. And the same friend i need to discuss getting this fixed with has removed me from steam so i'm asking one of his friends what he knows.

Keep this in mind. Low players on the server (/players), the less likely you are to meet a troll. The higher the count, the more likely. The lack of content, however, is keeping them at bay and on ETS 2. (Always fun to watch kat.pw's twitch stream and laugh at all the trolls and idiots who have failed).

I find that most of the trolls are the ones in cars, however I'm not saying all car drivers in MP are trolls, as most respect the fact they've been given the opportunity to drive the car. I think a lot of the trolls will have moved over to ATS as it's a lot less popular now, so admins have to spend more of their time on ETS to keep up with the high amount of players. The best thing to do is record all your journeys or set up something in your software that lets you capture the last minute or so of gameplay, so if you get rammed you can press a certain key and capture the person ramming you, upload it and hopefully they'll be banned.

jarfull.png         

sometimes Trolls overtakes and get in front of me very close and then if he lags, i just crashed or go towards wall or grass to avoid the head on 

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived