How to set up realistic H-Shifter layour for ets2 like squirrels?

_Photon_

Euro Truck Simulator 2 G27 Settings

This is one of the more straight-forward setups I have done. The game automatically recognized the G27 and I only use the profiler to set up the 900° steering (the game defaults at 200, which is way to tight for a large truck).

Open the Logitech Profiler
Select New > Profile
Add eurotrucks2.exe as a new game
Open Specific Game Settings
Leave force feedback settings alone
Check ‘Use Special Steering Wheel Settings’
Set ‘Degrees of Rotation’ to 900
Start game and use the ‘Input Wizard’ as shown below
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Input Wizard

Select ‘Controllers,’ obviously.

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-1.jpg

Select your Shifter. The G27 can use any of these, but H-Shifter is all you want for a simulation.

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-2.jpg

Select your type of transmission. I choose the basic Range and it seems to work out fine.

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-3.jpg

This completes the basic wizard setup. You can continue into Advanced settings if you like.

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-4.jpg

Here you can see all your settings in action. There is nothing to change here at the moment. Click ‘Next.’

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-5.jpg

This screen shows you gear selection setup. By default, ‘Button 0’ is assigned to toggle gears 1-6 to 7-12.

‘Button 0’ is the first red button on the shifter. (‘Button 1’ is the second)

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-6.jpg

That finishes the wizard.

Changing Controls Later

All of your force feedback, steering sensitivity, and steering linearity settings are all set to good defaults. Drive around for awhile before determining if you want to change any of these. The 900° setting in the Logitech profile makes the steering perform very well.

You can pause the game and select Options > Controls to change these at any time.

Spoiler

euro-truck-2-controls-options.jpg

euro-truck-2-delivery.jpg

I hope I was helpful and wish you luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived