Unofficial Truckers Code

Hello my friends I am here to present you some good code you should or could use while driving around to make your experience, and the experience of others, the very best! Ill start off with some basics and get more in the ham further down the list.

1. Greeting someone
    This sould be a standard one, when greeting somebody you can either use your horn or flash your high-beams. This is always a nice gesture and it always makes me happy when sombody greets me back! (Make sure to not spam the either)

2. Dont drive with your high-beams on!
    This should be a must do for everyone! We all know that the view-distance is quite bad in the dark, but anyways it is just way nicer to keep your high-beams off. First off it is not as blinding for people coming your way, secondly you can then use your high-beams for more useful things, such as listed below.

3. Giving way
    When at an intersection, lets say for example at a T-intersection, it is fairly important to keep a certain flow going when driving. To give way, generally you can either use, again, your horn or flash your high-beams. Not directly indicating that you are giving another player way can result in awkward back and forth and a waste of time.

4. Signaling when its safe to overtake
    This one is a very very rare one which I barely see when driving. Lets say you are on a one lane road, a truck that is behind you can, most likely, not see if there is any oncomming traffic and would overtake "into the dark" and risk a crash. To secure a safe overtake the first truck can flash his left (or right if in UK) blinker once to signalize that there is no oncomming traffic. This would then allow a safe overtaking manouver.

5. Signaling when its safe to pull back in after an overtake
    This is a standard for truckers in Germany. After a faster truck overtoke you, it is good code to flash your high-beams at him to signalize him when it is safe to pull back in to the most right (or left, if in the UK) lane.

6. Thanking others!
    This is quite a biggie I think and gets put to the side way to often. Always thank others, doesnt matter what one did to you. It just gives the helping or signalizing player a better feeling and shows him that his good behavior gets recognized. This will also encourage him to help or signalize to others again!

I hope this "guide" could help some of you, and I hope to see more and more players using this code to make TruckersMP a better place! If you enjoyed, please leave a positive reputation and share with your friends, VTC and enemys!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, (german)

Charly

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Woah! 1

cant have any signature cuz of mods with authority issues

• 4 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, kaisercharly said:

Don't drive with your high-beams on!
This should be a must do for everyone! We all know that the view-distance is quite bad in the dark, but anyways it is just way nicer to keep your high-beams off. First off it is not as blinding for people coming your way

That's why you switch to dipped headlights as soon as you see someone coming.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

firstly thank you very much for creating this guide, I want all players to comply with the rules in the guide. its good topic for beginners xd :lol:

Thank you again,

Best Regards.

Forz0214

• 1 month later...

Nice guide, this is also works this way in real life. However, how about using your left and right indicator to thank another trucker for giving you space. By for example switching to the lane where the other trucker is driving? As real life trucker, I'd know that this is a very common used way to say "thank you" to another truck driver. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 12/17/2016 at 4:19 AM, AirBiscuit said:

That's why you switch to dipped headlights as soon as you see someone coming.

If you've been through CD Road, that's not the case since probably more than half of the people driving there have their trucks filled with lights that are turned on all the time as well as really loud air horns. Oh well, can't do anything about them hahah but I do keep my horn and light horn light beside each other so if I need to flash someone or use the high beams for a few seconds or so, I could just use that button instead of actually turning on my high beams and aux lights. I might make a post soon about my control settings since it may help others especially beginners. 

76561198136394601.png

// Isaiah Wijesekara | Philippines | Former [ETRVTC] Driver | TMP ID 10832 \\

// [TPH] Truckers Philippines | Member Since November 15, 2014 | TrucksBook \\

image.png.3a469fc6c20225a7608e8705bb8150c5.png|image.png.9dd78c47b8aceb13f4907f4d2d669585.png|image.png.744ced8a4ea99071cd7af3b1892ef168.png|image.png.7e3bb40469f591d1f01db0bb788244ff.png|image.png.2575f58f66623c27724459bd2538fcf1.png|image.png.b185e69ecf1956dd8d073810c550ade5.png|image.png.d2d3099e2a60bcb9e4916e09413dfa8a.png

image.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/8/2016 at 20:21, kaisercharly said:

Signaling when its safe to overtake
This one is a very very rare one which I barely see when driving. Lets say you are on a one lane road, a truck that is behind you can, most likely, not see if there is any oncomming traffic and would overtake "into the dark" and risk a crash. To secure a safe overtake the first truck can flash his left (or right if in UK) blinker once to signalize that there is no oncomming traffic. This would then allow a safe overtaking manouver.

I have seen this more than once while driving on the highway and I also hear you talk about it in conversations. however it is somewhat contradictory according to my understanding. The flashing or directional lights we usually use to indicate the direction we will take next, right? So, shouldn't the turn signal to the right (left in the UK) be used to indicate that they have the left lane free, and can they make the overtaking maneuver?
Not only do I think this thought is common sense, in many Latin American countries it is practiced this way.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is a really nice guide, Thank you.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Hey @kaisercharly,

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information.. :thisisfine:

• 7 months later...