Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Low FPS when entering Rotterdam or other crowded cities.

OctaVive

Question

Hi guys, I just got truckersMP today. It's awesome.

I get a solid 60-80 fps on highways and other cities, but when I enter Rotterdam, my fps goes down to 5. Yes, 5 FPS. Its a slideshow. Is there any way to fix this?

PC SPECS

i3-4130

8 GB of RAM

GTX 750 Ti OC'ed

GA-H81M-HD3

my PC is above the requirements.

9 answers to this question

There isn't really a way to fix this, you can try to lower your graphical setting in the game's settings and the MP's setting (tab settings)

Everyone get's lag, especially when there are a lot of people around. I have a mildly powerful pc and I still get around 5-10 in Rotterdam. 

I'd also suggest avoiding Rotterdam and EP. 

You could disable dev logging- Tab>Right Click>Click the cog>Untick dev logging at the top

This will not log any players spawning around you meaning that it's a bit smoother, however it does mean that for report videos you will have to make sure you use /pinfo (ID) on a player otherwise you can't report them.

I did this myself, and it's a life saver. Quite a bit smoother than it was before.

• Upvote 1

Rotterdam is like this, Densely populated area's will give you a framerate of about 5 no matter what spec PC you have. High spec PC's even on the lowest settings have always been hit badly by popular area's. The best advice is to simply avoid them. I normally get upwards of 150-200fps on lonely area's but 5 in Rotterdam as well. 

If you HAVE to go through one, going into 3rd person does help. I can't remember which key but there's a camera that's mounted to the front bumper, and also one on the roof. these do help bring the frame rate up marginally in populated areas. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default