Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Requesting Guide on Retarder, ....

K4su

Hello there, I wanted to use the Retarder ingame as well as the motor brake as I read that it's bad to use the normal ones, with air pression (S-key ?).

I haven't found any guide on these forums so I wanted to ask if someone could create one  for me.

Also can I play with these features on a normal keyboard or should I get a gamepad? I enabled the motorbreak permanently, as it basically is in a car,

but I have problems with that as a keyboard key is either pressed or not, the trucks brakes way too much if I release ;)

Hi K4su

To be able to use the retarder buy a transmisson from service/repair station which says R next to it

Motor brake as per the default keyboard setup is either S or ↓ on your keyboard . You can change them by clicking on them and pressing another key.

Motor brake with air pressure enabled can be a problem when you travel across ferry ingame, which will lead to low pressure in your truck. To be able to get it to normal you have to Rev it for a few times first. Then when the Exclamation mark red light is gone from the dashboard of your truck , That represents that you are good enough on the air pressure and chuck it in gear and get going.

Yes,you can play with these features on a normal keyboard, Get a game pad if you are not comfortable with keyboard driving. Car brakes are weak thats why you need to increase brake sensitvity from game settings manually and you have to lower them when you drive a truck because if you use the strength/sensitivity of car brakes on a truck you will stop on road like you alt tabbed out of game .

You can also set buttons or keys to configure to adjust retarder strength and cruise control speed with it.

If you have questions feel free to ask

Goodluck

Hey!

I use retarder when I want to keep my speed slow while driving downhill. It's also useful when approaching traffic lights or intersection to slow down smoothly.

I want to warn you from one thing. When driving downhill a road which has sharp turns be careful with the retarder as it might make your truck unstable. I have flipped my truck over like that at least once.

Ready to go!

• 2 weeks later...

In real life the normal brakes on a truck are getting to hot if you use them the hole time when you're driving downhill - for this reason you must use the motorbrake (a metalclap in the exhaustpipe which closes the pipe, so that the engine must also work against this pressure and so slows down).

Or you must use the retarder which is the newer "Downhillbrake" for trucks. The retarder is a Counterflow brake... you can search in wikipedia for it and its functionality

if you can't be bothered turn auto retarder on or if you are like me get retarder transmission and never use it because brakes are too good. I only use retarder when somebody comes right infront of me while i am going fast so i don't hit them also using ever other brake possible! It happens.

I never use it because i have done ets2 for quite some time so i'm used to no retarder now

vkdg7t.jpgbanner

• 2 weeks later...
  • KOZIK_ locked this topic

Archived