how would i add my radio station into the game please?

GAMERBAZ

Question

7 answers to this question

Hai,

1. On your computer, reach your Documents folder.
  2. Open "Euro Truck Simulator 2"
  3. Open the file "live_streams.sii" with Notepad (or any other supporting application)
  4. If there are already listed radio station, just scroll down to the end or edit any of the existing ones
  5. Copy the following line and paste it underneath the last radio station listed, right above the "}" (without the quotes).
stream_data[]: "Radio URL|Name|Genre|Country|bitrate"
  • Replace the "Radio URL" area with the URL of your radio station
  • Replace the "Name" area with what you'd like to see it titled when you check the radio menu in-game (Tip: if your radio station is called something like Rock Radio, call it Rock Radio so you know what it is).
  • NOTE: You must retain the format you pasted. Do not remove the quotations or the | in the code. Only replace the underlined words, nothing else.
  • Save the file and close out of it.

At the end, the line should look like:

stream_data[0]: "http://193.108.24.21:8000/fresh|Fresh|Adult contemporary|BG|128|1"

aka  stream_data[0]: "radio URL|radio Name|Genre|country|bitrate|1"

Hello!

First you need to find URL of the radio stream (isn't usually same as the radio's webpage's URL).

Then you need to find live_streams.sii file which is in Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder I can find following path >This PC>Documents>Euro Truck Simulator 2

Open the live_streams.sii folder using notepad. In the file you need to type in "URL | Radio name | Genre | Language | Bit-rate". Paste the URL in it's spot and then fill in the rest in that order. It should look something like this:

a6a6330ae07aff836f002f0a28239489.png

The game it self will give number to the stream_data[]

The whole file should look something like this: (with your radio stations of course)

46df9fd79a47a46e089df0f163ba3b75.png

"{" and "}" are important too be there like shown above so the game can read the file. Leave live_stream_def : empty. Number 1 after bit-rate means that a channel is a favorite channel.

You can find more help in readme.rtf  which is in the same folder as live_stream.sii 

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!

2 hours ago, bassell2015 said:

Would everybody be able to here it or just me? 

Do you mean you want to put up your own radio station? That costs, because you need to pay for domain, server and licenses to play music legally. Then other people can listen to your radio and add it in to the game the way explained above. 

I believe @Chjl1234 has some knowledge about this topic, if you really want to put up an internet radio.

Ready to go!

If you want to add it into the game yourself do what TruckBro said here:

Spoiler
On 7/18/2016 at 8:32 PM, TruckBro said:

Hello!

First you need to find URL of the radio stream (isn't usually same as the radio's webpage's URL).

Then you need to find live_streams.sii file which is in Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder I can find following path >This PC>Documents>Euro Truck Simulator 2

Open the live_streams.sii folder using notepad. In the file you need to type in "URL | Radio name | Genre | Language | Bit-rate". Paste the URL in it's spot and then fill in the rest in that order. It should look something like this:

The game it self will give number to the stream_data[]

The whole file should look something like this: (with your radio stations of course)

46df9fd79a47a46e089df0f163ba3b75.png

"{" and "}" are important too be there like shown above so the game can read the file. Leave live_stream_def : empty. Number 1 after bit-rate means that a channel is a favorite channel.

You can find more help in readme.rtf  which is in the same folder as live_stream.sii 

If you want SCS to add your radio into the games then you need to suggest it on their forum, linking them the line such as this

On 7/18/2016 at 8:32 PM, TruckBro said: