Unmovable mouse on startup

RyanUK

Question

WINDOWS 10 USER

When I start singleplayer, I'm only able to move the cursor with my Xbox One controller and not the mouse.

When I start multiplayer, I'm not able to move the cursor with either the Xbox One controller or mouse. it just stays in the top left corner. http://imgur.com/fh44Z9v

Also, When ingame and go to controls, the menu button is ghosted out Esc. 

Any solutions. Thanks

Solution: When I leave the controller unplugged - I'm able to move the mouse. The controller is interfering with the mouse. How do I get both to work?

When I try to move the sliders in the options, my mouse on screen vibrates and I'm unable to slide anything. 

Edited by RyanUK

7 answers to this question

I had this issue a while ago. It's a Windows 10 update that interferes with the xinput somehow. It causes other problems with multiple games, but I mainly experienced this on ETS2 and ATS (one of the main reasons I disabled windows updates).

I cannot remember the exact update, but it's one of the security updates that lets you uninstall it (some of them won't let you uninstall). Try uninstalling them 1-by-1 to identify which one it is, and your problem should be fixed.

Additionally, you can prevent specific updates for downloading/installing back again. Check this guide: http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

Personally I had so many problems with this I disabled the updates in Windows 10 Pro using group policies.

I got my controller to work by uninstalling the Controller via Device Manager - restarting PC and plugging it back in. Now another problem has started. 

When I go to type, If I type the letter 'P', my wipers start to go. If I type the letter 'T' my trailer detaches. How do I make it so I can type without any actions being done?