Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Keep the Lights on!

Penguin

I don't really see the point in this as alot of people (including me sometimes) in mp don't obey the traffic lights in the first place so what would be the point in keeping them on all the time. Having the traffic lights on at night rather the flashing isn't going to make people obey them when they don't during the day. Those that do fly through the lights at speed without looking (I always make sure no trucks are coming) will still do it.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I don't think having traffic lights operating at all times is going to stop accidents.

It is rare that you ever see someone stop at a red light on multiplayer and those that do get tend to get rammed by impatient players. If they did implement such a thing then perhaps EU1 would be a perfect place as that has other things like no cars and a speed restriction.

signature.png

12 hours ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

@megadethsteve666 I don't always have a screen recorder running...

that shouldn't matter, besides, it is recommended to have a recording software running at all times in MP anyway so you can provide evidence for reports and ban appeals.

But I say again, in all my experience in ETS2MP, ive never had an issue with the lights being off at night, 99% of people make it through the intersections without issue whatsoever when the lights are off, the most wrecks ive seen are from idiots running red lights and T boning others who have right of way. if it were my idea, it would be to have strict rules upon people running red lights, sure it seems okay when theres no one around you at all, but when coming to a busy intersection or even any intersection, caution should be shown to avoid causing a wreck.

Another point is, turning the lights on at night will have no affect anyway except annoy those of us who obey traffic rules, those who don't will just speed on through the lights even if theyre re.

To be, it doesn't make any logical sense to turn traffic lights on at night at all, except to annoy those driving like civilised people, at least with the flashing amber everyone knows to exert caution when crossing the junction, as others said, if you have lights on and civilised people stop for the red, more people will be angry because they get rear ended by the impatient and the stupid who aren't paying any attention to the road, at least with lights off we can get out of the way of these people a lot quicker and avoid being screwed out of a load.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.