i cant do one long distance run without getting under 40% damage

delboy1235

Hi @delboy1235,

It sucks that you're not able to complete long distance deliveries without damage. I used to be in your situation as well, but I can now complete deliveries from one end of the map to the other without 1% damage by:

- Avoiding highly populated areas such as Europoort and Rotterdam (By changing my route on the sat nav).

- Sticking to speed limits

- Being cautious and aware of my trailer length when taking turnings (use mirrors a lot)

- Slowing down a little under speed limit when other trucks are around me

- Using lights so trucks know where I am and where I'm going (correct usage of indicators, lights and high beams)

I hope some of these points have helped you as much as they have helped me :)

3 hours ago, heyhococo said:

So 2 hours in game to register isn't a requirement, no?

Unfortunately an entry requirement that can be easily bypassed by simply running one or two quick jobs in single player, taking out a loan, and then going AFK until the two hour mark has been hit. But the issue is not so much with the entry requirements to drive in multiplayer, but with people just being trolls. Not that I am saying I don't come across drivers who may end up hitting me accidentally as they speed down the roads and swerve in and out of their lanes, but the majority of the time that someone hits me is on purpose. Just three days ago must have been troll day, I have never seen so many people come driving down wrong side of the highway trying to purposely hit people at full speed as I did that day. Over the course of a single route (I believe it was Flagstaff to Redding), I observed two trucks (with trailer) block the highway and four trucks (cab only) drive on the wrong side of the highway at high speeds trying to hit people. I managed to deliver my trailer with less than 13% damage to both my cab and trailer, but even so there was two guys waiting outside the non-collision zone to ram people. The only thing that can be done is to report them and hope they don't come back.

^^ You have to realize that there will be trolls regardless of what "requirements" there are.

It's also going to be a never ending cycle trolls being banned, then new trolls taking there place.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

^ Unfortunately, this would never be a requirement as you're able to cheat the number of deliveries made by downloading a profile from the internet.

The only thing you're not able to cheat yourself is the hours you've played recorded by steam. Sure, you can idle them on the menu. But ultimately, if someones main goal is to come onto TruckersMP and troll people, you will find them permanently banned before the month is over as long as you report them both in-game and record them and submit an online report (Please make sure to get their /pinfo [id] info from the chat).

Unfortunately, nothing stored on the profile in-game will be able to use as an entry requirement due to save-editing being a popular thing as well.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing to know, but unfortunately, there's no way for us to currently separate the trolls from the community without relying on our Admins, who in turn, rely on us to submit valid and detailed reports.

The best advice anyone could currently give you, if you wish to make those 130+ km/h delivery speeds, would be to avoid populated areas and make sure you break in-time for your turnings.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the same with me. I was driving at about 60mph passing Calais port, and a car pilot driver pulled out towards the port as I was passing, so I had to swerve out of the way to the left to avoid damage and he just skimmed the back of my trailer but as a consequence of my actions another driver who was pulling out of the port crashed into the back of me. I told that person I was swerving out of the way of the car driver and he was fine with it, it just angers me. He even had the cheek to put '"hahahaha"! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived