I can't launch ets 2 mp [HELP]

otis_14

Question

Hello. I have a problem with the ETS 2 mp. Now, when I turn it on there is a normal window with a choice if I want to turn ets 2 mp or with DirectX, etc .. Normally, I note that I want to turn ets 2 mp, waiting, and suddenly there is error "no response". I note that restart my computer and uninstall and reinstall multiplayer did not help. Please help

*edit Yesterday it was working normal

• Upvote 1

11 answers to this question

Hello guys,

• If you are using Win 7 make sure you have Service Pack installed.
  • Try to run the TruckersMP as administrator.
  • If you are using any mods turn them off
  • Make sure you put correct path when you install the TruckersMP - default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\

• Turn off antivirus 

• Turn off firewall

Never give up. Hard work always pays off.

76561197993874215.png

It's happening the same to me.

What I did so far and some notes:

- Restart PC.

- I checked the integrity of the cache on Steam.

- Tested the game without the TruckersMP launcher: Works normally.

- I reinstalled it without uninstalling first and then, when I saw that it still don't work, I uninstalled it and installed a fresh copy of the mod.

- I tried with the three options of the launcher (I always use the first) and still freezes.

- When the launcher freezes, I have to end "eurotrucks2.exe" process through the task manager, which uses almost nothing of memory.

My OS: Windows 7 Professional x64.

I don't know what to do now... It's strange because last Friday it works perfectly.

PD: I posted on the wrong place (In bugs), please, if you can, delete it.

Hi!

- I have Win7 updated.

- I never used TruckersMP as administrator until now... I mean, I didn't need that option because it worked perfectly. Now it don't work even as administrator.

- The profile that I use with TruckersMP haven't any mod.

- I repeat, I never had problems before, so, isn't the path.

- I...

OMG, I TURNED OFF THE ANTIVIRUS (AVG) AND IT WORKED!

But... Why? I used the mod with AVG before and I never had any problems...

Well, now I added the entire folder of the mod to exceptions and nothing. I added the game folder too and nothing. Any suggestions?

In my system ETS2 MP is launching a bit longer and when I click on it, it also says "no response". I am just waiting for it to load properly. It happens for like three or two days, earlier it was starting immediately. Now it takes like a minute to load. Not sure if it is similar to your problem, because I am running Windows 10. Maybe mine problem is also caused by AVG antivirus. You should try turning it off, just for like 5 minutes.