[SCS Blog] Do you ever abandon World of Trucks contracts?

SCS Blog

Most of SCS Software was on a vacation last week, and we have not updated our blog as frequently as we usually do because of it. We'll try to make up for that with some informative posts in the coming days.

First though, we would like to ask you about something. We have noticed that almost 1/5th of all World of Trucks jobs ends up getting aborted. We are wondering why is that? It's possible that there is something going on that we do not know about but should. This kind of feedback may help us improve the World of Trucks service for you.

Do you ever abandon World of Trucks contracts?

yqxTU-cjhW0

View the full article

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

Never aborted any of them (Didn't do much WoT jobs either, for now). Even one time I was delivered a 100% damaged cargo, thanks to a troll and my close relationship with the barrier after that troll. '0' is what I like to see at my abandone jobs statistics.

Edit: Turns out, that statistics has been removed from the site. Nevermind, I'll never abandon one anyway.

I've abandon one World of Trucks contract. I was playing multiplayer and a troll rammed me causing my truck to roll upside-down damaging the trailer. I like the World of Trucks contracts, because they always work in multiplayer so I don't need to refresh my jobs by save editing or other ways there are to do it. I believe one of the reason to that amount of aborted WoT contracts is the speed limiter many players aren't aware of.

I've also noticed that the WoT contracts are synced with other players so you can take same load with your friend!

Ready to go!

The only time I ever abandon is when playing in ProMods. This mostly happens if I go through an area with a port that isn't part of the default map, WOT doesn't see it and keeps syncing back to the last port I was at so I can never continue :(.

Never an TMP have I abandoned. 

I drive WOT 99% of the time and I have abandoned a couple of jobs in the past. The reason is something came up that prevented me from completing the jobs. Once was when my graphics card failed and I could not see to continue. The other time was when I had to rush to my mother's house to fix a leaking toilet before her house got flooded. Neither time was it caused by WTS. If I abandoned more than that then it was caused by something unforseen and not due to an issue with WTS.

@McDodge34
Loading an recovery auto save after you are rammed or went off the road, does help with removing the damage of the truck. But the trailer damage, seems to be WoT bound.
I have tried it, after being hit my truck had 20% damage and the trailer 6%, took an recovery auto save. And the truck was fixed.

I said this already on the same topic on another website, Firstly it's the distance of the driving and so half way they gave up. Secondly it's the other players on the road that may crash onto them and mess there trip up, sucks.

Most of us like myself don't use the system other then opening the game

lcuoUWl.gif.2ae879e10f4e499e935acbd4db146289.gif

If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

If the 90 km/h speed limit was not in place i would , with that speed limit though its a no-no for me. No WOT contracts at all. I tried them while the event was going on for the flag dlc or whatever , i did one trip and i gave up as i was really annoyed by the speed limit. Ended up buying the dlc myself.

Archived