Beware of External Contracts, if you get rammed you can't reload a save to start over???

McDodge34 [FR QC]

Ok, beware of this big issue I've just found out, if you're doing External Contracts and you get rammed on purpose or accidentally or you crash yourself, you won't be able to save yourself by reloading a savegame, the trailer will still be damaged and you won't be teleported where you saved the game, you'll just reload at the exact same spot where the ramming or crash happened with a damaged trailer, you can teleport with F7+Enter but it won't repair the trailer like when you just reload a quicksave from the normal market jobs.

76561198104067447.png

This is because External Contract jobs are WOT server-based and to prevent abuse. External Contracts are not a good idea in MP due to both the reason stated above and the mandatory 90kph/55mph speed limiter.

I've only done 1 WOT delivery in MP. I will never do one again for the reasons you stated. I was rammed off the road by someone going faster than me. I was on EU#1 so I assume they were doing 68mph as I was doing 55mph. The problem I have with them is that you cannot accelerate away from trouble.

On EU#2. If someone starts to mess about with my truck I just floor it and escape on windy roads, usually they end up in some river somewhere.

If you record and report then all is good, apart from your WOT trailer.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

1 hour ago, MUTLOB said:

External Contracts are not a good idea in MP due to both the reason stated above and the mandatory 90kph/55mph speed limiter.

Disagree. External Contracts on MP are great. If you drive correctly and in the correct lanes. It also teaches you to be a bit more cautious of other players :-)

I still don't know why they haven't got 1 server for hardcore only meaning 1 of the servers is used for genuine players who are forced to stick to speed limits and if you break any rules say more than 3-5 times you get kicked from the server for the day or a few hours. I don't see the difference between the servers at the minute, people keep telling me 1 is speed restricted, where? I'm yet to see any speed restriction. There is so much you could do for players who want to play by the rules and do deliveries.

I always take external contracts, I don't like the normal deliveries. I've had people crash into me before as well and it gets you angry when you get near the destination and some idiot comes ramming passed you or swipes you off the road on purpose which always comes back to rules should be enforced but they never are unfortunately.

I have to disagree,  there has to be something wrong with the save.  I've gotten rammed a few times before and was about to teleport to a nearby service station in ATS with no issues at all. The issues I experienced on initial release was fixed with the 3 hot fixes to MP. 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

Another speed limiter debate, sorry about this but speed limiter shouldn't be a problem, I don't understand why people still debate about it, trucks in real life have a speed limit to obey, its normal that its also in the game cause its not a racing simulator, anyways, I always respect speed limits even on EU#2, I had troubles once or twice with trolls that keep telling me to floor it but I don't listen and had 0 issues yet (I only go there if there's less than 100 people on EU#1) anyways, if for whatever reason someone rammed me, I have a quick button and the last 2 minutes are recorded ready to post to youtube or play.tv.

76561198104067447.png

6 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I still don't know why they haven't got 1 server for hardcore only meaning 1 of the servers is used for genuine players who are forced to stick to speed limits and if you break any rules say more than 3-5 times you get kicked from the server for the day or a few hours. I don't see the difference between the servers at the minute, people keep telling me 1 is speed restricted, where? I'm yet to see any speed restriction. There is so much you could do for players who want to play by the rules and do deliveries.

I always take external contracts, I don't like the normal deliveries. I've had people crash into me before as well and it gets you angry when you get near the destination and some idiot comes ramming passed you or swipes you off the road on purpose which always comes back to rules should be enforced but they never are unfortunately.

Just look and you can see for yourself.

EU1 = Speed limited to 90km/h.

cA0Y8NP.png

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

I think actually on EU#1 the speed limiter is mostly visible while in the city zones and I think they bumped it to 100 or 110kph its not 90kph anymore cause I can get to 97kph in UK which is the speed limits on the motorways there, of course, now that I do External Contracts, I'm limited to 90kph in UK too, but no problems so far.

76561198104067447.png

^^ If you were on a server that had a speed limiter, than no. You were not able to go faster than "normal."

It's enforced just the same was as WOT jobs. The speed is limited to a specific number and you cant go above that. Period.

(I guess baring cruising downhill)

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived