[ARCHIVED] How to drive heavy cargos in Multiplayer

Brief Explanation 

To be able to drive heavy cargos in multiplayer you need to have downloaded and installed both Multiplayer version and Single player version of Euro Truck Simulator 2. Below I will explain how to install multiplayer version as there's no need to explain on how to install single player version just because in 2 clicks you can install it. But remember! First you need to have installed Single Player and then install the Multiplayer version.

Installation of ETS2 MP

First of all we need to download the multiplayer client from the following link HERE
When you go to truckersmp site you will notice a green button below that says "Download Now" , click on that and it will ask you to sign in. But if you don't have an account made feel free to do that so you can proceed with the downloading. After you've successfully registered and signed in, click on "Download Now" green button and download the multiplayer client. You can download it anywhere you want, just remember the path so you can install it later.

719568265_preview_pic1.png

Now we need to unzip or extract the .ZIP file. To do that simply right click and click "Extract to "client_21001".

719568265_preview_pic2.png

Open the folder and you will see inside a file named "Install TruckersMP". Double click it and install it.
Now you will notice it that on your desktop you will have 2 icons. ATS MP and ETS2MP. (Just ignore ATSMP because we are trying right now on ETS2MP).

Downloading the heavy cargo mods    
To be able to drive the heavy cargos in Multiplayer first of all we need to download some of them.
From the links below you can download them. Just click on the left orange button to download.

Installing the heavy cargo mods
After we've downloaded them from the links above copy and paste them into the following directory.
C:\Users\causevd\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod

Where you change "causevd" with your computer name.

Loading the heavy cargo mods in the game
After we have successfully downloaded and installed the heavy cargo mods we need to open the single player game from the steam. 
After we launched the game, click on the right side on "Mod Manager"

SoGwBdK.png

Then on the left side you will see all of the cargo mods that we have previously installed. Select one of the cargo from the left side and use the arrow to move the mod to "Active Mods" on the right side

zRWEU2k.png

After that you need to click on the bottom "Confirm Changes" to confirm the active mod. But remember that only 1 mod at a time can be active. So if you want to load another mod, use the opposite arrow to remove the mod first and then select another mod and use the arrow again to move to "Active Mods" and just confirm the changes. Simple as that.

15X4Q1k.png

Now click on "Continue Game" go to "Job Market" click on "Freight Market", choose the cargo that is close to you, attach it with your truck.

0Fwury5.png

Saving the cargo job and running on the multiplayer
After you've attached your trailer click Escape go to Save & Load click on Save Game and give it a name as you like it and after saving just quit the Single Player Game.

guUVWMm.jpg

Now open the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer and sign in with the credentials that you've used to sign up on TruckersMP (The site where we signed up to download the Multiplayer Game) and click Continue Game.
Now it will pop up a window where it will ask you to load the game, just click the name that you used for saving the game and click Load.

M9xnSok.png

Another window will pop up where it will say Missing Dependencies , just click Continue and wait for it to load. After loading click on Drive and it will start connecting to the server that you've chosen. 

eGOkryr.png

So, once you've connected on the server you'll notice that the weight of the cargo is not actually reaching more than 25T, that's because of the limits of the Multiplayer Game but still you are driving the 125T cargo or which one you've chosen.

Best pulling truck
Even though I am a big fan of Volvo. I've tested both Volvo and Scania and I must say that Scania is better in pulling and can handle better these heavy cargos.

Brand: Scania Streamline Topline

Engine: 730HP (537KW)

FOhWX9O.png

Also for Chassis when driving with these heavy cargos I recommend using the "Chassis 6x2/4 Midlift". Driving these heavy cargos sometimes can be real problem if you have automatic transmission because it happens in the middle of the hill to switch gear where you needed most of the power and somehow fail to do that because of transmission acting weird. So what I suggest you is to switch to manual so you can easily control the pulling power of the truck. (If you set in 1st gear it will go slowly but without problems you can climb any hill). If you have any questions, feel free to post below and I will answer them. Thanks for reading and happy trucking!

Video tutorial    
I've added a video tutorial where I've explained everything just in case if you are too lazy to read.

Farewell
Thanks for reading this guide and I hope I've helped you out a lot. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will gladly answer on all of them.

Happy trucking!

• Like 1

76561198033081627.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are there groups that use this in convoys? What are the typical loads they use? 75T? 

I'm doing this in Single Player, but have an AlexeyP physics mod that increases the realism of a heavy load. I have 75T loads with a 560HP engine, 12 speed gearbox, and high ratio rear end - gives me something that manages hills, but slows a lot.  

Since that physics mod won't work in MP I'll need to experiment a bit to ensure I've a challenge with these loads.

On 1/1/2017 at 11:59 AM, ravens said:

Are there groups that use this in convoys? What are the typical loads they use? 75T? 

I'm doing this in Single Player, but have an AlexeyP physics mod that increases the realism of a heavy load. I have 75T loads with a 560HP engine, 12 speed gearbox, and high ratio rear end - gives me something that manages hills, but slows a lot.  

Since that physics mod won't work in MP I'll need to experiment a bit to ensure I've a challenge with these loads.

c825033504a8d63bcdbf2d0b0ce8dd24.png

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ravens said:

I'm new to MP, but saw a reference somewhere about Heavy Haul Challenge. I thought maybe it was a convoy thing, but might not work, especially if you had 10 heavy loads crawling up a hill. 

heavy cargo pack

i have it and you should too

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

28 minutes ago, Hyperspace said:

heavy cargo pack

i have it and you should too

I have the DLC -High Power Cargo pack - is that what you mean? Because those aren't any heavier than the original cargos. 

If you mean another mod that works for MP let me know, as the  mods linked to in this article don't seem to work anymore in MP. I get the error Game Change Detected, and lose the cargo and get relocated to a safe place = my garage. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...