Auto kick for car with trailer

Searched the whole suggestion section, did not find any previous suggestion about the same issue.

Suggestion Name: Auto kick for car with trailer

Suggestion Description: When a player picks up a trailer in a car, or tries to join the server in a car with a trailer attached, the server automatically kicks the player.

Any example images: N/A. Just an auto kick, graphics should be the same as a normal kick message.

Why should it be added?: Car+trailer is against the rules, can cause damage on roads if not dealt with in time, and sometimes really gets stuck in between of a "ban or not" situation.

• Upvote 7

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Yes... And No

Yes: would be a good feature to stop the trolls with cars and trailers and stop the cars looking stupid

No: the car still shows as a truck so it may be hard to implement.

I do agree somewhat qith what's been said, but it may not work atmone point and leaves the car there and lets it get on

I think the game should be able to tell the difference between a car and a truck, since the car requires loading an external file from MP, other than the vanilla game files. Correct me if I was wrong.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

@SprinterFS - No, it doesn't know any difference what so ever. What the game is doing is loading a modification that is supplied and required through TruckersMP. To purchase the 'car', you need to go to a truck dealership.

It thinks it is a truck, but the vehicle is preset to behave more characteristically like a car, rather than a truck. Therefor, making a system to detect a car that's a truck but is actually a car that has a trailer attached to it before connecting to the server or when he picks up a job, will be an incredibly hard job to do.

However, if it could be done, which is doubtful, it would be a good system. Less time occupied by In-Game Administrators.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

3 minutes ago, Zebulink{aus} said:

Maybe have a detectioon system so that if a car part (eg Skoda wheels) is attached, auto kick when job is selected. That way even the trucks breaking the rules by having car parts on it cant even attempt to drive with a trailer in MP

Would be just as hard as implementing an auto kick system if it uses the vehicle. If you can define the parameters of the car so that the system knows it's the car and not a truck, you'd just as easily be able to define the specific parameters of that vehicle.

Virtually a major task to even attempt.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

This can by done very easily by checking if the vehicle data accessory is skoda and if player sends some trailer data the kick happens. Technical aspect is not hard to implement. However I will not do kick - i will simply cancel the job on client and give him message that he cannot take job with this type of vehicle OR simply block job selection screens :-). And simply if user hacks the client and still have trailer i will not receive his trailer data so network players will not see it at all.

I like the idea.

• Upvote 3

really good idea it costs much time till you have reported the person who is carring a trailer with his car. So a auto-kick from the server would fit perfectly here. and they maybe (hopefully) learn the lesson not to take a trailer with cars. im against taking trailers with cars they cause many crashes and you cant even drive a car with trailers. so why they still do it then. i dont understand that! :(  Hope it will be added quickly. thanks for this suggestion SprinterFS very good :P 

or at least block jobs when driving a car so you only can drive around and no jobs are available

On 7/7/2016 at 2:11 AM, RootKiller said:

This can by done very easily by checking if the vehicle data accessory is skoda and if player sends some trailer data the kick happens. Technical aspect is not hard to implement. However I will not do kick - i will simply cancel the job on client and give him message that he cannot take job with this type of vehicle OR simply block job selection screens :-). And simply if user hacks the client and still have trailer i will not receive his trailer data so network players will not see it at all.

I like the idea.

One thing is that if player hacks in there and drive on roads in car+trailer, but the server blocks the trailer data: it's still very easy for them to lose control of their cars, or get their trailers stuck in somewhere, and create a mess on the roads. Good thing is that only very few players(if they exist) know how to hack the MP client, and they can get permanent ban for doing that.

All the other ideas are very good, and thanks for clearing the question about programming issues~

SprinterFS.gif

Not autokick, but if re-balance the car (say cut engine power in half, and double gearing) so that it's all speed, with no pulling power. They could hook up to a trailer, but  wouldn't be able to move it, as having no torque to move the weight of the trailer.

1 hour ago, SpudsMcCat said:

Not autokick, but if re-balance the car (say cut engine power in half, and double gearing) so that it's all speed, with no pulling power. They could hook up to a trailer, but  wouldn't be able to move it, as having no torque to move the weight of the trailer.

that wouldn't make a difference, trolls can still block roads with trailers attached to cars and because the cars weigh so much more than a truck in the game, any attept to push them out of the way ends in disaster.

Besides, how many cars fo you see IRL pulling HGV trailers?

On 07/07/2016 at 10:11 AM, RootKiller said:

I like the idea.

Now this is this the guy that you all need to read and do, Above!! 

Yes! I agree to this topic, I have seen so many players that got an trailer and I reported one of the. And it can be done! anything can be done in this world. We have smart people here also. And Rootkiller has the best option that doesn't kick them but disable the job for all cars.

lcuoUWl.gif.2ae879e10f4e499e935acbd4db146289.gif

If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...