Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

GTX 1070 low fps?

dutchnoskillz

Question

14 answers to this question

1. Check if your monitor is plugged in into GTX 1070 - you may need to use DVI to VGA adapter connected to the DVI-I connector on your card if you have VGA monitor.

2. Check if you have installed drivers with GeForce Experience

Also, take a note that ETS 2 is mostly using CPU than GPU, so you may want to upgrade your CPU as well...

Edited by Titanic4

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

40 minutes ago, Simanova said:

Check if your monitor is connected with your new 1070 gpu, and !not! your intel gpu (motherboard).

Check if you start your game with directx11 and !not! OpenGL.

Try other games or monitor your gpu with a tool.

Thanks for asking but i am 100% sure i connected it to the monitor 

2 hours ago, Simanova said:

Check if your monitor is connected with your new 1070 gpu, and !not! your intel gpu (motherboard).

Check if you start your game with directx11 and !not! OpenGL.

Try other games or monitor your gpu with a tool.

well i know that you should not plug your monitor in the onboard:P but still thanks to mention. About the second one im not sure since i cant select for MP.

2 hours ago, deathsoul said:

do the settings on catalyst or nvidia.maybe you  should also upgrade your processor,disk and ext.

u mean the preffer peformance? already did that

2 hours ago, Titanic4 said:

1. Check if your monitor is plugged in into GTX 1070 - you may need to use DVI to VGA adapter connected to the DVI-I connector on your card if you have VGA monitor.

2. Check if you have installed drivers with GeForce Experience

Also, take a note that ETS 2 is mostly using CPU than GPU, so you may want to upgrade your CPU as well...

1. monitor is not in the onboard.

2. lates drivers running. 

It would help if we had some more information about your computer.

I need to know the specs and a little information on how you went about replacing the drivers.

Did you uninstall all traces of the drivers from the previous GPU?

Edit:

Forgot to mention the most important but simple question. Does this happen with all games, or just TMP?

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

^

i did this serveral times using DDU

18 hours ago, PursuitGamer6 said:

Hey!

is this problem also happening in SingePlayer? :)

Yes, also in SP it does happen. 

18 hours ago, Cyrusj said:

It would help if we had some more information about your computer.

I need to know the specs and a little information on how you went about replacing the drivers.

Did you uninstall all traces of the drivers from the previous GPU?

Edit:

Forgot to mention the most important but simple question. Does this happen with all games, or just TMP?

Well i have a bad I5 4440 with 16gb of ddr3 1333mhz ram, a Corsair RM750X a 1070 FE, B85 fatal1ty killer motherboard, this cant be because i have shitty cpu because the same cpu had alot more fps with my 970 that i had previously. its not running out of power, and i used DDU several times to redo a driver installen, 

this only happens with ETS2 for so far i know, 

Edited by subtlegta
Removed quote from above.Use ^ next time.

^^ @dutchnoskillz Take the time to install a different game and test it there.

It's actually an important question to answer because it could tell you if its hardware or software related.

Could you also explain how you installed the new drivers. Also how you uninstalled the previous drivers as this is what i expect is the problem.

You could install new drivers all day but if you didn't properly uninstall the previous one, it will cause some major issues.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

3 hours ago, Cyrusj said:

^^ @dutchnoskillz Take the time to install a different game and test it there.

It's actually an important question to answer because it could tell you if its hardware or software related.

Could you also explain how you installed the new drivers. Also how you uninstalled the previous drivers as this is what i expect is the problem.

You could install new drivers all day but if you didn't properly uninstall the previous one, it will cause some major issues.

Well in other games is does not happen, just to note i got quiet some bit experience with hardware and that is probably the reason why i did not provide enough information because i tested that already.

But still in bf4 i get better fps 

3 hours ago, Simanova [GER] said:

You should monitor your CPU and GPU with a tool, for example MSI Afterburner.

Important values are: temperature, clocks, usage, limiter

just to note i got quiet some bit experience with hardware and that is probably the reason why i did not provide enough information because i tested that already. i am running MSIA for quiet a long time, i know what i should do and test but i had no results so thats why i am here, to note i stress tested my 1070fe right out of the box for some hours to find out if i have a good card out of a batch. most of the people don do that. 

my temps are fine, speeds are fine and everything else. 

IMPORTANT

the problem is gone in DirectX mode, did not test any other mode but how to run ETS2MP in any other mode than regular since that fixes it! 

You could also try CPU unpark it may give you some extra perfomance, so if you are intrested i can give you more details.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M