I have been banned.

ViperSRT

Question

HI All,

First of all, thanks for releasing updates and making the MP version for this game. This has kept me entertained for more than  two years now. I highly appreciate Your efforts!! However. I see recently that few administration powers are being misused by one particular admin.

Context:

I've been playing ETS2 MP version for more than 2 years now with the name "Kickass" from first day(2+ years now). I've used this nick name since I like a movie character from the movie Kickass which has done world wide release(2 movies, Kickass and Kickass 2). Recently though, one admin seems to have issue with it...

Last month, mwl4 had his birthday and I had wished him using personal message in this forum. I got a warning from that admin(I do not want to name him) to change my name in forum, and since he warned, I changed my forum name... However, below is what happened today...

[21:48:21] ADMIN <removing admin name>: Remember, turn on your Headlights. They must be on from 7pm-7am. Ghost Driving isn´t allowed.
[21:48:52] [PM System] Message to <removing admin name>: whats ghost mode?
[21:49:10] You are permanently banned from ETS2MP network! Admin: <removing admin name>
[21:49:10] Reason: change your name and make a ban appeal

I'm not sure why he/she had to "ban permanently" just because of my in game nick... Its my steam profile name which I'm using... Steam does not have any problem with it. As mentioned above, there has been two movies with same name as my in game nickname and these movies have released world wide... So, could You please let me know why am I banned permanently.... If that admin (I do not want to name him) had issues with my nick, he could have just pm me in game and tell me to change nick, but why ban permanently... I think this is misuse of admin powers by that admin... I've already made a ban appeal BTW(attached pic)... I've been playing with this nick name for more than 2 years... I'm not sure why it is an issue now... I'm *not* holding anything against him, just wanted more clarification regarding permanent ban...

Also, thanks a lot for making this MP version. I highly appreciate it!!

Ban Apeal.png

Edited by Freddyk
Changed topic's title. Please don't create topics with title 'HELP ME' etc.

4 answers to this question