Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Save for multiplayer

Suggestion Name: Implement storage saves multiplayer player not on the computer and on the server.
Suggestion Description:  It would be very good if saving in multiplayer worked only in multiplayer and you have stored on the servers. For the first time entering the multiplayer game is requested to create a new profile. And also make sure to save the single player did not work in multiplayer. This is due to the fact that some of the players with the help of special programs in the single player to increase their money, experience, and etc.

Any example imagesNope.

Why should it be added?: The introduction of this will not kill the interest in the game, because if you use a lot of money and experience, as such, the purpose is lost and people throw the game in the game.

Major no.

Anyone who legitimately built up money is going to get screwed out of it by this suggestion - everyone would have to start scratch.

And there's nothing wrong with 'cheating' to increase your starting money or skills. Without either, starting in MP is basically impossible because of the amount of crashing into people / Server time scale / etc. I tried to start a fresh character once purely on MP and it was far from desirable.

The way it is now isn't hurting anyone, so what if someone is just starting and has a brand new truck.

beep boop

BIG -1 to this.

Firstly, is people having money before they join MP affecting anyone elses gameplay? no

Secondly, because of trolling, lag, general dumb driving, people would not be able to play MP because they would constantly be out of money and unable to buy their first truck, which takes me onto point 3.

As it stands, people with less than 2 hours on their profile are unable to join the server, so stating that every new player joining MP has to start a brand new profile would mean they wouldn't be able to play unless the rule was removed, which would bring back the old issue of inexperienced drivers on the road causing mayhem for those who do know what they are doing.

Also, if you have 2 drivers (AI) in your profile and you play MP, that's how you make your money anyway because your drivers are constantly driving even when you are offline, meaning when you advance time, you could get thousands in your bank account for doing absolutely nothing, no need for cheat engine or hacks at all, just using the game as it stands, this suggestion would require MP to completely remove this, which they cannot do until the games are no longer supported by SCS and MP has freedom to adit the game as they please to alleviate these issue. That is a LONG way off.

So in short, this idea would practically kill off the fun of MP as well as create major issues for everyone, deterring them from playing the modification.

As I said before, does having money in your profile and levels and trucks harm anyone else in the game? no.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2016 at 11:54 AM, Ozy said:

Major no.

Anyone who legitimately built up money is going to get screwed out of it by this suggestion - everyone would have to start scratch.

And there's nothing wrong with 'cheating' to increase your starting money or skills. Without either, starting in MP is basically impossible because of the amount of crashing into people / Server time scale / etc. I tried to start a fresh character once purely on MP and it was far from desirable.

The way it is now isn't hurting anyone, so what if someone is just starting and has a brand new truck.

Actually they have plans to make an economy update, idk what the progress of it is but the last I heard of it they had plans for it. Including making everyone start from scratch. I'd be all up for starting all over. It isn't that hard to make money tbh. 

• 5 months later...

I just realized that using an enhancement mod to get my MP profile up to lvl12 before I started MP completely wrecked my 'in-game' weeks total which I can't have as it just looks bad. I am lvl31 in SP so wanted to avoid starting from scratch. But I'm now about to do just that as I can't have 2500+ weeks of game play attached to my name lol. But within a few short hours I will have my W900 back so all good. It's pity about my ping 220 to USA, and 350 to EU though, I have the highest speed available here in Australia too (100Mbps). The good thing is, as long as I allow for any lag when others pass(by slowing down nice and slowly) the most lag I get is less than one second. I can't wait to get into this MP people, see you all on the road :)

• 2 years later...