Server technology? Increasing limits?

rodier

Hi

is there any info on what server technology  ets2 servers  run? 

I remember old times with higher capacity per server..   will we get back to it?

Currently 2300 is not enough... why? Well now server EU2 is full and on Eu3 is only 700 people.. which means lots of people dont go to play, they dont want wait in queue but they also dont want to play on empty servers. 

It will be nice if EU2 and EU3 can get in cluster to get 5K pop..  

It will be possible in future? or now? Its problem because of money? Or.. ? 

2000 players on ETS2MP and map is more empty than  500 people in ATS :( That is my reason why I would like to have at least 5K limit pop on EU2 on ETS2..  

Thanks for info

Well if servers are on cluster technology.. then they can be upgraded almost infinite times :DD 

About money - I think with 1mio registered users, this project really need go to Kickstarter or get some premium memberships so project can evolve more.

3 minutes ago, rodier said:

Well if servers are on cluster technology.. then they can be upgraded almost infinite times :DD 

About money - I think with 1mio registered users, this project really need go to Kickstarter or get some premium memberships so project can evolve more.

I think premium memberships are a good idea :)

But if people give more donation it would be no problem ^^

Well I had few projects too years ago so I can tell you, people will donate almost nothing if they get nothing from it.  

Just look on Twitch..  people donate like crazy if they get their name on stream. 

mm, Whilst I know where you are coming from with the inability to play on 1 server but the other is almost empty, (Believe it or not, EU2 used to be empty). If you go to Rotterdam (Which I don't recommend) You will see that there is not enough room for more than 2300 players, its crowded like hell and you can barely see where you are going, never mind the 1FPS. Plus when incidents happen on the motorways, traffic can start to build up, whilst I find traffic jams funny because of all the re****s, more players = bigger jams = less driving and more sitting around doing nothing. 

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

Intresting thread .

id like to see more players of high quality on #eu1 . 

Usaly all the gamers iv seen on #eu1 are of the best driver quality but it is desolet at times . 

#eu2 can be fun but I tend to keep away .

imo maybe a small subscription say £1 a month may deter some of the trolls and raming drivers from joining . 

Or mabe .... And how about this !!! Lol after 3 bans you have to pay a admin fee of £3 to be granted use of mp again !

18 hours ago, tattytate said:

Intresting thread .

id like to see more players of high quality on #eu1 . 

Usaly all the gamers iv seen on #eu1 are of the best driver quality but it is desolet at times . 

#eu2 can be fun but I tend to keep away .

imo maybe a small subscription say £1 a month may deter some of the trolls and raming drivers from joining . 

Or mabe .... And how about this !!! Lol after 3 bans you have to pay a admin fee of £3 to be granted use of mp again !

Quite a nice idea but i don't think kids who plays on mp would like that haha

I like the £3 fee for every 3 bans then increment every ban followed so that they will behave on mp :lol:

On 7/2/2016 at 11:03 AM, rodier said:

Hi

is there any info on what server technology  ets2 servers  run? 

I remember old times with higher capacity per server..   will we get back to it?

Currently 2300 is not enough... why? Well now server EU2 is full and on Eu3 is only 700 people.. which means lots of people dont go to play, they dont want wait in queue but they also dont want to play on empty servers. 

It will be nice if EU2 and EU3 can get in cluster to get 5K pop..  

It will be possible in future? or now? Its problem because of money? Or.. ? 

2000 players on ETS2MP and map is more empty than  500 people in ATS :( That is my reason why I would like to have at least 5K limit pop on EU2 on ETS2..  

Thanks for info

good day so they were close other servers pick up the money so let Europe 1 and Europe 2 online and change the host from 2.
increase the capacity for 2500 Europe 1 and Europe 2 for 3000

Right, let's clear some things up.

• EU #1- Simulation. Has a speed limiter of 90km/h, for drivers who wish to drive sensibly and correctly. No cars.
  • EU #2- Free roam. No speed limiter. Cars enabled. For those who wish to drive as fast as they like- not often rule followers (eg. Running red lights, overtaking on wrong side when safe, etc.)
  • EU #3- Extension to EU #2.

Simulation servers are all speed limited servers (EU #1), where almost everyone follows the rules of the country they're in. Often used by new people so they can get used to the game and people playing within the multiplayer modification. Cars are not enabled. These are often less crowded than their free-roam counterparts due to the speed limiter.

Free-Roam servers (Any other server) are non-speed limited servers where everyone is free to do as they will, so long as it's within the game rules. These often have the most people due to the fact that there's no speed limiter. All free-roam servers also have the car enabled* so people can have more freedom to go even faster than the trucks.

*The car serves no additional purpose in game. It's an additional modification that's packaged within the multiplayer modification, of which you can buy from any truck dealer in game. It should be noted that the car can count as useless traffic at Europort (Rotterdam), and also you may not take a trailer with the car as you may be kicked or banned.

It should be noted that any activity found on free-roam servers may be subject to a kick at most if it's not in the rules. For example running red lights, you won't get kicked or banned for it, unless you pass and hit another user, in which case you may get kicked.

As for self hosted game servers, the idea of the multiplayer modification is MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online), which means the servers are designed for thousands of people at a time. If people hosted their own game servers, it'd mean that the player spread would be even smaller than it currently is. Also, updates would be slower as the updates are dispatched by @mwl4 to the other self hosted servers, so that the server would work with the latest update. Therefore self hosted game servers are not viable, and will almost always be rejected as a suggestion.

On 2.7.2016 at 4:20 PM, rodier said:

Well I had few projects too years ago so I can tell you, people will donate almost nothing if they get nothing from it.  

Just look on Twitch..  people donate like crazy if they get their name on stream. 

I would find it good if you have to pay like 3€ or so to be able to drive the car for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived